My Dad

By , Jackson, OH
In my eyes he’s the world’s strongest man
And the most respected man
Through-out the land
He works for his family
And works through his pain
And I feel proud
To bare his name
So I’ll raise my chin in honor
With dignity
And hope one day
He’ll be proud of me
Smile and finally shake my hand
I can’t wait for the day he pronounces me a man
Although I’ll never be
Half the man he was
I’ll try my best
Though it’s never enough

My dad
Hardest working dad
My dad
Yeah I’m proud to call him
My dad
And when they lay him in the ground
I’ll still be just as proud
Of my dad….

Hummingbird This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a really powerful poem that I know many young teenagers can relate to. You should be really proud of this peice. I know your dad would be really proud, too. Thanks for sharing this- i think it reminds us to sometimes try and see the world through our parents eyes. I would truly appreciate it if you checked out some of my work.

jhsironmen12 replied...
yeah no problem. if you could send me a direct link or something would be nice

Hummingbird This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Haha- I am pretty new to teenink, so I am not quite sure how to send links, but I can give you a few titles.

The Visit

Why Algebra

Seeing You

The Hidden Cottage

There's just a few, so hopefully if you can access those, it will be easy to access the others. Thanks so much!!!

jhsironmen12 replied...

any time.

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this makes me sad. in a weird way though...have you ever read the book or seen the movie because of winn dixie?

jhsironmen12 replied...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 8:57 am
heck yes I have. haha. I read the book and watched the movie.

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
well you know the part where the librarian gives opal the candies (i forget what there called) and tells them the story, and it makes them sad? well reading this kind of gave me that kind of feeling.

jhsironmen12 replied...
Oct. 22, 2010 at 7:20 am
awww. well me and my dad aren't.... close and one day I was mad at him and I just started writing this to make me feel better

yeah i always write to make myself feel better

jhsironmen12 replied...
playing the guitar or taking a walk helps me. and when i play guitar i make up songs so i end up writing and when i take a walk i sing to myself and end up writing so no matter what, i guss i end up writing

haha well thats a good thing isnt it?

jhsironmen12 replied...
sure, more stuff to put on here. haha. actually my dream is to either be a famous rock guitarist like angus young or to be a successful write/song writer

well when your famous someday ill be a fan. actucally that would be impossible cuz i have no idea who you are. haha.

jhsironmen12 replied...
well, "IF" i ever become famous, i'll look you up, and since i'd be famous i'd tell all the great publishers how great you are and make them hire you as a writer, and make them pay you so u never have to work agai. sound good?

Sydney L. replied...
haha sounds perfect:D

hmm for some reason that put me as sydney l (which is actucally me) instead of my normal pinkypromise 23 thing. hmm

jhsironmen12 replied...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 8:01 am
thats random. how did u come up with ur screen name?

well i wtore a book (which isnt on here) and the title is 'pinky promise' and then my lucky number is 23. howd you come up with yours?

jhsironmen12 replied...
JHS is the name of my high school and ironmen is our mascot. so i kinda just sloped it down real quick, I never thought I'd get on as much as I do.

yeah me neither haha. but its a good website