My Dad | Teen Ink

My Dad

In my eyes he’s the world’s strongest man
And the most respected man
Through-out the land
He works for his family
And works through his pain
And I feel proud
To bare his name
So I’ll raise my chin in honor
With dignity
And hope one day
He’ll be proud of me
Smile and finally shake my hand
I can’t wait for the day he pronounces me a man
Although I’ll never be
Half the man he was
I’ll try my best
Though it’s never enough

My dad
Hardest working dad
My dad
Yeah I’m proud to call him
My dad
And when they lay him in the ground
I’ll still be just as proud
Of my dad….

on Oct. 22 2010 at 1:54 pm
jhsironmen12 PLATINUM, Jackson, Ohio

Life's not about how hard you can hit; it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

playing the guitar or taking a walk helps me. and when i play guitar i make up songs so i end up writing and when i take a walk i sing to myself and end up writing so no matter what, i guss i end up writing

on Oct. 22 2010 at 1:46 pm
pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

yeah i always write to make myself feel better

on Oct. 22 2010 at 1:00 pm
Hummingbird GOLD, Berryton, Kansas

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

This is a really powerful poem that I know many young teenagers can relate to. You should be really proud of this peice. I know your dad would be really proud, too. Thanks for sharing this- i think it reminds us to sometimes try and see the world through our parents eyes. I would truly appreciate it if you checked out some of my work.

on Oct. 22 2010 at 7:20 am
jhsironmen12 PLATINUM, Jackson, Ohio

awww. well me and my dad aren't.... close and one day I was mad at him and I just started writing this to make me feel better

on Oct. 21 2010 at 1:28 pm

well you know the part where the librarian gives opal the candies (i forget what there called) and tells them the story, and it makes them sad? well reading this kind of gave me that kind of feeling.

on Oct. 21 2010 at 8:57 am
jhsironmen12 PLATINUM, Jackson, Ohio

heck yes I have. haha. I read the book and watched the movie.

on Oct. 20 2010 at 7:38 pm

this makes me sad. in a weird way though...have you ever read the book or seen the movie because of winn dixie?