How We Attack

Oh look of what has just become.
We fight as one and die as one.
On reason to bleed and many that bleed,
And none that look out when we can’t see.
There’s one that goes down for us all,
And one that takes it from us all.
It’s the inspiration that kills us,
And the perspiration that warns us all.
And when left out on our own-
Well, I guess we’ve been dying all along.
Now I’m dying all on my own,
But I’ve been dying all along.
And now shattered and distraught.
My tears never speak when it’s my fault.
Oh please let us not beg for mercy,
He’ll only come and kill us all.
He’ll leave us dying where we stand.
He’ll leave us waiting while we fall.
This is where the king once fell.
This is where the kingdom will fall.
We fight as one and die as one.
All for one and one for all.
That is how our lord once fell,
That is how our kingdom will fall.

Aderes18 said...

This poem reminds me of the Arab spring, particularly Libya. 

And Narnia, when they fight those big battles. 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
it pays well to have reminded you.

Asianflowers said...
Oh I love your coversations on here, but Great Job! Yet again another masterpiece on your part.

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:37 am
means that alot much very. you thank captain. I hope I came aclear cross.

DreamWriter15 said...
I love it, it reminds me, in a sense, of an army poised for battle when they know they will loose, but they're gonna go anyway, because it doesn't matter whether they fight or fall.

Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:03 am
thats exactly it captain. exactly it. maybe i should read it again. that was exactly it. HAHAHAHA!!!! somebody gets it.

DreamWriter15 replied...
I love it when people get it, because a lot of people don't, and it drives me nuts.  I also love it when I interpret something correctly, it makes me feel like a kindred spirit 

i love it when you interpret something correctly and I, as the author come back and say, "oh, so that is what this is about." you help me understand my writing captain. i now reallize the message i was trying to across get.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, I've had that happen before, like when I write something that doesn't mean anything deep, it just sounds that way, and someone interprets this deep meaning for it and I'm like "alright, I guess that's what it's about!"

welcome to my side of the plasma.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, it makes me feel self-conscious, sometimes, like what could other people interpret from my writing?

I just look at it as their own personal deficits.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Exactly!  Sometimes I write it as meaningful to me, but so that they can apply it to themselves, as well!

Jul. 1, 2010 at 3:20 am
yeah, and like if they dont get out of it what we put in it then we can just blast them off the cliff side.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:16 am
Yep, so true.  But sometimes it works out like you write something meaningful but slightly dramatic (only slightly) and you show it to someone else, and they turn it into the meanings of the universe, and the depth of the soul and life and death acusations and you're just like.......alrighty then, if that works for you.....

exactly it thats captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
I love responses that are impossible to respond to....

Jul. 3, 2010 at 11:56 am
i love when people say something cant be done and by saying it they proved it can be done.

DreamWriter15 replied...
That was kind of the point in saying it...

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:11 am
but if you say it cant be done then what sense does it make to prove your self wrong by doing it?