When it Rains This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

When it rains
It washes away
What’s wet and what
The wetness stained
And drowns what came
To cause me pain
And keep me up
All night and day
And possibly take
My life away
19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane
And when it rains
It tells the day
No one can come out to play
And that makes the sun say
“I must now dry up the day
And save whats left to be saved”.
And when I look
I have to say
That what I see I can’t explain
What was flooded yesterday
Is now completely drained
And when I say
The sun has came
To shine its rays
On my troubled face
And liven what relentless rain
Had no remorse and washed away
-19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:35 am
I like it, it's very smooth and flowing, and the concept is also quite enthralling.....though I think I've read this before......strange.....(I found it!)

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oh, to me it sounds like "that was 1810, this is 2010, why should it matter? its not like there's this thing called racism." thats how you sound tome. there is no big difference captain.but we're not going to get into that......

DreamWriter15 replied...
Alright well...I still fail to see how I'm ignorant, I just have different beliefs...what I think are the right ones...about that kind of thing.  It's alright.

Nov. 25, 2010 at 11:00 am
nt think you're ignorant, and i dont think you sounded ignorant in that sense, i meant 'literally' ignoring the fact that there is no big difference between 2010 and 1810, except that slavery isnt legal. i wasnt trying to say you're ignorant captan. je suis desolee.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Maybe it's just where I live, but I still think there's a big difference.  I don't agree with racism at all, it doesn't even make sense, cause we're all human, no matter what color our skin is.  

what difference are you talking about exacly? I was talking about 1810 vs. 2010. when you said theres a mighty big defference between those two years i was thinking you obviously weren't black because then you would've experienced certain 'racial happenings.' and i do understand that you agree racism is stupid but i think if you were black you'd see things a bit differently. tu as raison captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Well...two hundred years ago black people were slaves and treated terribly, lower than animals, not allowed rights, or to even sit in the same room with a white person.  It's a lot different nowadays, right?  

Dec. 4, 2010 at 6:33 am
......well yeah if you want to be technical. I'm not saying its the same-but people go by the book without going by the book.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:38 am
Well, people can be stupid sometimes, it's life.  And I have no idea why this is underlined...

me neither captain. i was wondering hmmm...whats with the underline.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Maybe it was trying to make a statement...

the underline was trying to make a statement? okay...excuse me, i have call on the other line, it's Mr. comma.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Seriously!!  I was having a chat with Senora Period over here, asking her if she knew anything about it...since she's married to Senor Coma, I should think she would have said something....didn't know you two were so close

actually, senora comma and i haven't spoken in a while, don't know if you've noticed but I'm quite accquainted with the runon sentences. plus i met a lovely little stranger called CAPSLOCK, and now senora comma wont talk to me. jealous. oh..wait...excuse me...JEALOUS.

tornado replied...
ummmm... You don't speak french, do you?

Kairah027 said...
Like your concept, at first I was a bit confussed but after reading your comment I fully understood the depth to your poem and actually found it quiet humorous. :)

why thank you-maybe I should actually post the meanings on my poems then-since nobody ever gets the big idea.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thanks very alot much-I know I got gaps for improvement-i'm getting there.

Wolfayne said...
Your writing is unique and special; I love it!

I love the fact that you think my writing is unique and special. merci captain. do your dance.

ashleykayy. said...
this is breath taking, really hit home.