When it Rains This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

When it rains
It washes away
What’s wet and what
The wetness stained
And drowns what came
To cause me pain
And keep me up
All night and day
And possibly take
My life away
19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane
And when it rains
It tells the day
No one can come out to play
And that makes the sun say
“I must now dry up the day
And save whats left to be saved”.
And when I look
I have to say
That what I see I can’t explain
What was flooded yesterday
Is now completely drained
And when I say
The sun has came
To shine its rays
On my troubled face
And liven what relentless rain
Had no remorse and washed away
-19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:35 am
I like it, it's very smooth and flowing, and the concept is also quite enthralling.....though I think I've read this before......strange.....(I found it!)

DreamWriter15 replied...
...hmm....well, I figured you meant "be yourself, keep writing" or something like that, but I was just going along with the allegory...

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
please ignore thet allegory...its all I am.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Why should I ignore you?

Jul. 8, 2010 at 11:28 am
it'll only throw you off. pay no attention to me while we speak.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 12:30 am
Alrighty then, but I think a conversation where one of the two participants ignores the other would not be a conversation, but a slightly awkward situation in which one talks while being ignored, while the other is ignoring, but does not leave, because they are in a conversation, right?

well, hello there captain. your awesome. so, lets try it. i think it might work for the randomness though.

DreamWriter15 replied...
...but if I'm ignoring you, what am I supposed to say?  And if I don't say anything, how are you supposed to know that I am actually reading you?

well, somehow i'll pick up on your presence in the paprameter. and as far as you ignoring me, well you have to factor in the sake of conversation.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Exactly, that's what I just said!

as i rememory, you were sneezing and i was giving you the potion. we cannot both be the potion captain, or you wouldnt need me.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 6:13 am
[stares at boosflash, then at tissue in hand, then back again]  Um.....what potion?

oh, i meant like a pennicillin or something. thats not a tissue captain. here, use my shirt.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, there'll be no taking off of shirts right now, just hand me another tissue.

Aug. 5, 2010 at 11:43 am
no, you dont have to take it off. just lift it up, see? no, no not that high. oh, its allright. I have a tank.

DreamWriter15 replied...
............................okay then.  I'll stick with the tissue, it's right here, plus there's no awkwardness...

dont say I didnt warn you.

DreamWriter15 replied...
That's why i'll stick with the tissue.

forget the stupid tissue captain. i warned you, now suck it up and pull this.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:22 am
Haha, I'm fine now, the tissue helped, put your shirt back on.

oh, thats not me captain. but whatever.