When it Rains This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

When it rains
It washes away
What’s wet and what
The wetness stained
And drowns what came
To cause me pain
And keep me up
All night and day
And possibly take
My life away
19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane
And when it rains
It tells the day
No one can come out to play
And that makes the sun say
“I must now dry up the day
And save whats left to be saved”.
And when I look
I have to say
That what I see I can’t explain
What was flooded yesterday
Is now completely drained
And when I say
The sun has came
To shine its rays
On my troubled face
And liven what relentless rain
Had no remorse and washed away
-19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane.

beccalynn1663 said...
you are such a good poet!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Simply outstanding. I too short of words to compliment this poem. 

RainForMe said...
That... is amazing

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Ooh....thankment muchly!!!

ClarabellesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is amazing, I'm practically in love with it!! I especially like the rhyming scheme - It makes the poem flow very easily

HasntWrittenInages W. replied...
you are so fabulous for commentating. Thx so much.

Saphira07This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:12 am
Really liked it, as soon as I saw the title , just knew, HAD to read it...the best thing is the ryhming scheme, beautiful,...plus a very nice interpretation of rain... 

. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:09 am
Thank you so much for commentating. I hope you did your dance.

Saphira07This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:47 am
Why, You're Welcome!!

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem flowed as easy as rain ;) But seriously, amazing job! I totally get your metaphor! It's unique and very creative and deep :) Great job!

I really love you. Thx.

BAU.emily This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really liked this, rain is a metiphor i like to revisit alot because its so versatile (that and i live in washington state!) :) i that you repeated similar sentence structure, like the sound of the words "rain, pain, pane, came, save," it made it flow beautifully!! you have GREAT talent my friend!!!!

starwriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I love this poem, the first line caught my eye and I knew I had to read it!!! I also really like the ending.

W. replied...
Merci tres beaucoup. U two r forever tha bestees.

TerraCotta said...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 2:27 am
The perspective of the poem is interesting. Stylistically , it's nothing much, but conceptually, it was extremely well laid out. Keep up the good work!

keke_curry said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:38 am
I love this because its so heart felt and I could feel the emotion that was put into it as I read it 

Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:37 am
You are forever loved. Thanks so much for commentating.

CaptainFabulous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i rlly enjoyed reading this, great poem! liked the "19 horses and 19 men" creative and metaphorical :3 great  job  

Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:25 am
My my captain, its been a long time. Ypur represence is always quite refreshing my dear. Thank you so much for commentating.

abbadoo said...
The structure of your poem is surreal! I liked the way the lines kind of stuck together.