Girl Almighty | Teen Ink

Girl Almighty

By teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"A wise girl leaves, before she is left."

Her voice - probably the loudest silence ever heard.

Her talent - she's a master of fake smiles and rehearsed "I'm fine"s.

Her super power - she's perfected the craft of invisibility.

She's learned to fade into the background, to be the shadow that lingers on the sidewalk, that walks next to you on the sides of buildings.

The shadows are her safe place because no one can see her there, no one can touch her there, hear her there, there is where she does not exist.

She lives in a shadow village with shadow people. Amongst them is the only time she's seen, only time she has a face or makes a sound. In this place, in her shadow home, is where she becomes Girl Almighty, she becomes warrior. Her choice of weapon is keyboard, is pen and paper, with these, she's saves lives, knocks down mountains, becomes a God.

With this, she is lord, the echoing of her keyboard, of her page turning shakes nations, rumbles streets and cracks sidewalks. Her notebooks are word filled jungles, with ferocious beasts unheard of, not even a pistol included survival kit would not save you from her poison filled pen.

She is conquerer, she is battle cry, she is nothing to be prepared for, nothing you will see coming, because she, amongst people, is a shadow, is tag along, she is background music.

Amongst society, she is no one, she is Jane Doe, name unknown. She is Clark Kent, sort of speak, ordinary by day and superhero by night.

She is the shadow that lingers on the sidewalk, walks beside you on the sides of buildings, but when all is silent, she returns to her shadow village, filled with shadow people, equipped with pen as sword, she becomes warrior, savior, she becomes most unexpected, becomes help hotline and rocker of nations. With keyboard as weapon of choice, she becomes Girl Almighty.

This was inspired by all the quiet queens who are mightier than kingdoms when they have a pen and paper.