Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

KaraleeB said...
May 1, 2012 at 8:07 am
This poem had nice rythem and the verses flowed together to create an impressive stanza.

Haim :P said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 am
This poem has a very good sense of rhythmic structure and I like how there are some oxymorons. People can relate to the poem and it is very well written. It was clear how the writer was involved with the person the poem was talking about.

CamCam<3 said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:33 am
This was very well written! You used great figurative language. I really liked the assonance. It made the piece so much more interesting! Another thing I really liked was how you used metaphors and idioms to compare this "jerk" to what you are feeling. Keep writing!!! You are an AWESOME writer

jlb1993 said...
Very well written, love it. "Your cocky smirk, your stupid jokes. You precious jerk" this bit is brilliant very witty, sounds like something I could imagine Morrissey singing

jazzyy33456 said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:15 am
i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

CodyKinzz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is stunning

Nisha007 said...
I really like this poem I has great stanzas and meaning. ROCK ON!!!!!!!

BlueLillyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:06 am
I love this its AWSOME!! Wish I could write as good as you. You got real talent girl KEEP WRITING!

TheMouseWins said...
I adore this. I like how the narrator is so wrapped up in this person, and yet she says he's a jerk all the same (I can relate...)

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This is really great. Sorry for the advertising, but do you mind checking out some of my newer work? Keep writing :)

GothicNightmare said...
Flows very well in each stanza!

CreativeAngel said...

Very true sometimes with relationships. You can't get out of it even though its bad. Loved the poem and it had a nice pattern to it.

Madelyn H. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:45 am
Wonderful poem, it flowed very well.

JesusFreak10101 said...
Ugh! I hate it when i like a guy thats sort of a jerk to me! Cute peom though! :) Keep up the good work!

ForeverChaney said...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:24 am
its a guyish poem...HAHAHAHAHA...:0

Sky2Lorena said...
hahaha. i love this peom it reminds me of my jerk. i never though i could find a poem that could fit the one i love.

writer3499 said...
This was so good! I love it.

ImJustAGuy said...
I love this, it's hard to explain my feelings for this in words (: please check out some of my writing ! I'm a new and upcoming pet !

Meghan D. said...
Amazing! Just great! Really captures what the real life is when it comes to guys.

HappyEverAfter said...
I love this! The best part of this poem, at least to me, is the first four lines. I love them!