Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were doomed from the beginning,
Blinded from the start,
But nothing can be done
To fool a happy heart.
With each smile and giggle,
Every embrace and every kiss,
We were shooting toward a happy ending,
And we missed.
Cinderella lost her slipper
And it was never found.
Prince Charming came too late,
Now no one’s sleeping sound.
Pillows are soaking wet,
Hopes are all lost.
No more dancing in the clouds.
Dreams have all been tossed.
The fairy-tale warmth has left us
As winter’s setting in.
The storybook reads the end,
But where should we begin?
Now your heart strives to be broken,
And you long for lonely nights
This time our ship is sinking
We’re going down without a fight.

maki_rain said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 11:29 am
This was really good. I liked the flow. I think the last two lines are my favorite tho.

faerest said...
this poem is soooo sad, its not a happy ending, but happy endings are what we're used to (well at least i am)...

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yep it's a beautiful poem, and I really like it.  I just don't know why my poem "Just Thinking" won't get published.  I think it's as good as this is.  Sorry, yours is really good, I think.

LifeIsButAPoem said...
Fantastic.

PAOLA-ARLETTY said...
wow, this poem is honestly fabulous! I can see myself relating to it one day, when i go through a similar story!  I honestly think this poem is great!  keep up the good work

alwaysadreamer said...
truly gifted! =)

Debbie1 said...
Wow! this was really good! Well written, and kinda emotional. love it!

forgottenpenname This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love it... I like how it starts out all happy cheery and all that and by the end it's like a splash of cold water in the face; reality. Fantastic job on this! :)

RFarage said...
Great comparisons, great poem. (: !

kvater said...
i really liked how they compared it to cinderella

Sierrah said...
amazing :D

Free- said...

AMAZING!

your rhyming was not annoying but worked beautifully with the flow and theme of your writing

brave:)

come look at my stuff(:

KelseyM.McNamara said...
really good! i liked how u compared it 2 cinderella! :)

l.iney said...
absolutly beautiful

Smedss said...
Beautiful!

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Took my breath away. I wish i could write like that, so flowing and strong. I Absolutely love this poem. I have read it bout five times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shandelarenve said...
I'm astonished. Wow, this completely -word by word- explains a typical *I liked you, but you never wanted me* kinda relationship. Keep up the good work, and keeps your feelings writing. :) ♥Shandel.

AVERAGE said...
wow im completly amazed . . . i <3 it

dreamer_believer said...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 11:44 am
i don't even know what to say! this is amazing :) it reminds me of being little when i dreamed about all these fairytales coming true in real life. i like the feeling you put into this piece. wow :) would you mind checking out some of my work? thanks and pleaseee keep writing!

love_and_anatomy said...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 11:04 am
Absolutely loved it :D