Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were doomed from the beginning,
Blinded from the start,
But nothing can be done
To fool a happy heart.
With each smile and giggle,
Every embrace and every kiss,
We were shooting toward a happy ending,
And we missed.
Cinderella lost her slipper
And it was never found.
Prince Charming came too late,
Now no one’s sleeping sound.
Pillows are soaking wet,
Hopes are all lost.
No more dancing in the clouds.
Dreams have all been tossed.
The fairy-tale warmth has left us
As winter’s setting in.
The storybook reads the end,
But where should we begin?
Now your heart strives to be broken,
And you long for lonely nights
This time our ship is sinking
We’re going down without a fight.

skybean said...
I love it! Especially the fairy tale refrences.. :)

NIKABABII said...
I LOVE ITT!!!

dreamwriter13 said...
Why would the heart strive to be broken? No one wants their heart to be broken

Diffuse replied...
Oct. 21, 2012 at 2:57 am
its not an intellectual thing actually, dreamwriter13... it is just a feeling...even then, its so vague... you just cannot hold on to the good things.... eventually all is broken.... i know about that feeling, i've written about it

Sarah1517 said...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:59 am
That's so sad... I wish they at least fought for what they wanted. Good story

remember16 replied...
This is good.

Aderes47 said...
This is very good and very sad. Are you on twitter by the way?

Krissy F. said...
This poem was amazing! I loved the way you used assonance and consonance in your writing. The metaphors really made the writing interesting.

Indilove said...
May 14, 2012 at 8:19 am
I love this!!!! The flow, the wording, the style, the relativity, the amazing concept! You are a fantastic writer!!!!! 

SkylerTheBrave said...
May 14, 2012 at 1:16 am
This was really well written. I enjoyed reading this greatly. Keep up the good work. 

JackieSeviThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow.. I love it! 

pandagirl312 said...
Love the rhyme, great poem overall. I can really connect...great job!

writer3499 said...
This is sooo good!!! Amazing

MysteriousWounds said...
i love this! it flows so wonderfully ^_^

dreamshakerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was absolutely amazing! I loved it!

Nicole67 said...
that was amazing! i have felt that way about relationships! keep writing ill be looking forward to reading your work. :)

samisk3wl said...
This was amazing! I liked the mention of cinderella and the titanic, it was very creative!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow what a shockingly realistic ending to an otherwise happily ever after story. Maybe because fairy tales are not real---you broke the chain. The reference to Cinderella and Prince Charming was good though.

Kate298 said...
Love this! :) Check out my work as well please? :)

DancingFingertips said...
I hate the break the chain of elated readers, but I just wanted to offer some constructive criticism. I thought you really broke the flow with this line: "We were shooting toward a happy ending, And we missed." Once I read that, I couldn't help but stop dead. It took me a second to get back into it; it might have worked better if the rhythm of the last line was the same as the one above it. But congrats, I really liked the allusion to Prince Charming and Cinderella as well. Cheerfully Depressing... (more »)