Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were doomed from the beginning,
Blinded from the start,
But nothing can be done
To fool a happy heart.
With each smile and giggle,
Every embrace and every kiss,
We were shooting toward a happy ending,
And we missed.
Cinderella lost her slipper
And it was never found.
Prince Charming came too late,
Now no one’s sleeping sound.
Pillows are soaking wet,
Hopes are all lost.
No more dancing in the clouds.
Dreams have all been tossed.
The fairy-tale warmth has left us
As winter’s setting in.
The storybook reads the end,
But where should we begin?
Now your heart strives to be broken,
And you long for lonely nights
This time our ship is sinking
We’re going down without a fight.

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 18 at 2:00 pm
I love your rhyme scheme and this poem! it's amazing! thanks for sharing. I understood what you were trying to say in your piece and I love it! Good job

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the line "The storybook reads the end, But where should we begin?" 

xosarang_adri This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I enjoyed the allusions to the fairytales. I also liked your unique perspective on each one. The ending really wraped up the poem all together, and it all  came around in a full circle. I admire the way you word your sentences to make them flow smoothly.

StarGazer9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautifully written and i love the story :)

Allons-ypoet said...
The last two lines were stunning...a good twist to a commonly used phrase. Well done. 

Call_Me_AriaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:56 am
captivating, I love it! especially the refrence to the Cinderella story!

JordanMelissaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is rather incredible, I love it!

eagleeyeheather said...
May 14, 2013 at 12:45 am
very beautiful! heart touching

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
beautiful. i love everything about this

Bubbs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
On the verge of tears. Loving the the rhythm and the brief fairytale reference hinted at the unhappy ending. Perfecto!

Izzzzzzi101 said...
I like this. It flows and has a good rhythm to it. It doesn't seem stilted or broken. I think you did a good job and I love the references to the fairytales; it creates a sense of nostalgia for childhood. Well done!

nocommentisacomment said...
Could've used more fairy tale references, but still overall well written

remember16 said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:54 am
amazing poem! 

skybean said...
I love it! Especially the fairy tale refrences.. :)

NIKABABII said...
I LOVE ITT!!!

dreamwriter13 said...
Why would the heart strive to be broken? No one wants their heart to be broken

Diffuse replied...
Oct. 21, 2012 at 2:57 am
its not an intellectual thing actually, dreamwriter13... it is just a feeling...even then, its so vague... you just cannot hold on to the good things.... eventually all is broken.... i know about that feeling, i've written about it

Sarah1517 said...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:59 am
That's so sad... I wish they at least fought for what they wanted. Good story

remember16 replied...
This is good.

Aderes47 said...
This is very good and very sad. Are you on twitter by the way?