Your Cloudy Breath

I miss how it used to be...When we were young...Playing freeze tag and kickball in the cul-de-sac.

Now I sit here and think of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, sitting and staring off into space.

Do you think back to the old times? Or is it all a misconception to you? I think about the days I swore to myself and to my friends that I was in love with you. I miss you every day. I miss digging pointless holes into the ground. I miss going boating with you, running foot races with you.

But now I just sit here and think of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, laughing with your new friends in your new house.

But somehow the person you once were won't let me let go of you today or any day. He won't let me forget about you, your jokes, your dorky haircuts, or your smile.

So here I am, sitting here, thinking of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, laughing with your new friends in your new house.

...I'll be sitting here for a while.

SmileyFace13 said...
I understand this feeling too :o your description of it's kinda perfect. very talented

WritingRocks said...
On your about me, is said you had written a book and wanted to get it published. I'm in the process of writing a book so I'm in the same boat as you. I only have a vague idea of the steps you need to take. I know you have to put it into manuscript form, and mail it to publishers, some publishers only take the first three chapters. If you haven't already, google it. I'd love to talk sometime, check out my work. Dysfunctional, Sea Wind...those are just a few.

dadysgirl1516 said...
I'm sorry hun:( @ least ur memories of him are peace full. i don't understand wut ur sayn bout his cloudy breath.

SweetHomeAlabama said...
Great poem Cass, keep up the great work! Love you