Your Cloudy Breath | Teen Ink

Your Cloudy Breath

January 15, 2009
By xcblue44x GOLD, Collinsville, Illinois
xcblue44x GOLD, Collinsville, Illinois
17 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Jealousy is a tiger that tears not only its prey but also its own raging heart."


I miss how it used to be...When we were young...Playing freeze tag and kickball in the cul-de-sac.

Now I sit here and think of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, sitting and staring off into space.

Do you think back to the old times? Or is it all a misconception to you? I think about the days I swore to myself and to my friends that I was in love with you. I miss you every day. I miss digging pointless holes into the ground. I miss going boating with you, running foot races with you.

But now I just sit here and think of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, laughing with your new friends in your new house.

But somehow the person you once were won't let me let go of you today or any day. He won't let me forget about you, your jokes, your dorky haircuts, or your smile.

So here I am, sitting here, thinking of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, laughing with your new friends in your new house.

...I'll be sitting here for a while.


The author's comments:
I had a neighbor...I've known him since I was nearly one, maybe two. We were best friends until seventh grade. He was like my brother. I loved him. Then he moved; we got into a bigger, better school with more people and we began our trip down "you don't exist lane." It's not that we didn't acknowledge each other...we just grew into different groups. Me, a sports girl...and him--Idk what to call him. I miss him, though. We try to stay in touch still, but it's not nearly the same and never will be.