Your Cloudy Breath | Teen Ink

Your Cloudy Breath

By xcblue44x GOLD, Collinsville, Illinois
xcblue44x GOLD, Collinsville, Illinois

"Jealousy is a tiger that tears not only its prey but also its own raging heart."

I miss how it used to be...When we were young...Playing freeze tag and kickball in the cul-de-sac.

Now I sit here and think of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, sitting and staring off into space.

Do you think back to the old times? Or is it all a misconception to you? I think about the days I swore to myself and to my friends that I was in love with you. I miss you every day. I miss digging pointless holes into the ground. I miss going boating with you, running foot races with you.

But now I just sit here and think of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, laughing with your new friends in your new house.

But somehow the person you once were won't let me let go of you today or any day. He won't let me forget about you, your jokes, your dorky haircuts, or your smile.

So here I am, sitting here, thinking of you exhaling your cloudy breaths, laughing with your new friends in your new house.

...I'll be sitting here for a while.

I had a neighbor...I've known him since I was nearly one, maybe two. We were best friends until seventh grade. He was like my brother. I loved him. Then he moved; we got into a bigger, better school with more people and we began our trip down "you don't exist lane." It's not that we didn't acknowledge each other...we just grew into different groups. Me, a sports girl...and him--Idk what to call him. I miss him, though. We try to stay in touch still, but it's not nearly the same and never will be.

FatesMistake13, Springerville, Arizona

"Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes." Oscar Wilde

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame."

I understand this feeling too :o your description of it's kinda perfect. very talented

PurpleMelody GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm sorry hun:( @ least ur memories of him are peace full. i don't understand wut ur sayn bout his cloudy breath.

TheHandThatWieldsThePen SILVER, Shapleigh, Maine

"Let's waste time
chasing cars
around our heads."
--Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

"I do believe it's true
there are roads left in both of our shoes
if the silence take you then I hope it takes me too."
--Soul Meets Body by Death Cab For Cutie

On your about me, is said you had written a book and wanted to get it published. I'm in the process of writing a book so I'm in the same boat as you. I only have a vague idea of the steps you need to take. I know you have to put it into manuscript form, and mail it to publishers, some publishers only take the first three chapters. If you haven't already, google it. I'd love to talk sometime, check out my work. Dysfunctional, Sea Wind...those are just a few.

Great poem Cass, keep up the great work! Love you