… Yourself This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Lately
I’ve been flaking off –
(paint chips.)
each piece a person
who was in my life, but
left me.

Whether death or choice,
each left and took a piece of me
with them. Now
I find
it’s hard to move
on with all these
holes and parts falling
out –

it’s hard
to limp through life
with no crutch, no love,
and the same broken-leg
hurt.

Torn memories wave in the mind
like torn white waving flags.
Give up …
as now, all you have
is …

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh, geez. This is absolutely, amazing and phenomenal. It's just absolutely, powerful and beautiful to me. There's this kind of simplicity in it, but your poem isn't simple - it's just extremely powerful and beautiful to me. I absolutely, love it. I adore it, actually. You have talent and greatness and light and a beauty that is your own; and so much more. You're an amazing and beautiful and talented writer. All of this and just much more. I'm truly glad that your poem has been published. You... (more »)

JackMcL. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. Powerful. I really like this. Congrats on getting published!

AprilNicole This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yay! This poem from my other account got published! (This account is my current one now.)