Red | Teen Ink

Red

Red

Red. Fire. Heat. Love.

Temptation dipped in flaming tongues of passion, it rears its head. Scarlet waves surge and crash. Like life itself, swirling through our very veins. Sparkling with unbound energy, it grabs the mind and holds us captive.

Ripped away from all other thought, we find ourselves caught up in the sensation of crimson, this way of being. It surrounds us; it encompasses our very soul, intertwining with our emotions. Showing us the beauty and romance of our world while raging its bittersweet song.

When it loosens its grip, we return to our illusion of reality while simply sinking into a rosy pool of inadequacy. Until we let go of that illusion, we can never truly let go of our hold on this world.

Only then will scarlet tendrils blur the edges of our minds and let us truly understand the power and passion of the color red.

Snake_Skullz SILVER, Pella Ia, Iowa

"Not in doing what you like, but liking what you do is the secret of happiness" - J.M Barrie

This poem is timeless and always relevant. It was uploaded when I was one year old, and I still understand.

EndlessNoise said...
on Nov. 23 2009 at 11:01 am
EndlessNoise, Easton, Pennsylvania

"How high can you fly with broken wings?" -aerosmith

thanks for all the great feedback guys. :)

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

Absolutely amazing. So beautiful. So well written, every word is amazing. Love it!

Kiana_M BRONZE said...
Kiana_M BRONZE, Miami, Florida
You're imagery is powerful.

I can feel the strength, I really love this one.

Keep on writing, I'd love to read more like this =)

- Kiana, (rate my latest poem, please?)

on Aug. 14 2009 at 12:39 am
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

Very well written. The description was just amazing. I felt all the emotions you described. I loved everything about it!! Keep writing I'd love to see more of your poems!!

That's really good. When reading it, the color red is everywhere. It got me captured beautifully.

Sam/abe SILVER said...
Sam/abe SILVER, Barton-le-clay, Other
Oh. My. God. How do you write like that? It was amazing! Like everyone else said it was really powerful.

cnlozier said...
on Jan. 16 2009 at 1:25 am
Wow, an aspiring piece of work! I like it a lot! Very detailed and descriptive, very profound. It was more of an art piece than a writing piece. I am speechless!

xxJustxxme said...
This is awesome!

miss.bliss1 said...
Beautiful..and it also has (like lily said) raw emotion. Keep writeing!

Lily said...
Wow, very powerful. I love the raw emotion and imagrey.