Home Sweet Home This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A thousand miles from
a place that’s supposed to be a “home”
when it’s just a house
sheltering four people
that have nothing in common
except some DNA.

pnkninja11 said...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 7:52 am
I like this poem! It reminds me of my own home. Nothing feels better than being with family.

secretpoet said...
wow, that's really thought provoking & awesome. however, not all families are blood related,

through my eyes said...
i loooove how you were able to convey such a strong emotion in such few words, its amazing :D

forgottenangel said...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 11:13 am

Amazing beyod amazing

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
woah! I was so amazed by this,how you can convey such a strong message in so few words. i can definetely relate, awesome job:) check out my work?

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
short poems rule. this one is no exception.

heMMhe4eva replied...
May 14, 2010 at 10:21 am
dhzz short poem rocqks!!ahh

Jessie-Mo replied...
Jan. 8, 2011 at 11:48 am
Short poems are great, as long as they can contain all the emotion that a longer poem could have. In some ways, shorter poems are better because of the fact that they can contain so many emotions in so few words. It is like the full package, but is less time-consuming.

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I soooooo get this poem. To ever one else your home is just house with poeple living in there, but you it might be something more.

Dude the poem didn't suck! I will agree that the being didn't make much sense but the rest of it did. i really enjoy this poem.

Someone_Who_Is_Loved said...
How the fact that you can get a message through to readers in a few sentences is really awesome! Keep writing!

PoetLaureate07 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:47 am
I AGREE!!!!!!!!

Ashleysbff said...
wow,amazing.

haha..-lhuv-_wtf replied...
May 14, 2010 at 10:16 am
AMAZING??WTF r yhu thinkinq.this is soh sick[[awesome]] mhan iilove dhzz

Yoodle15 said...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 5:33 am
you said great things in a few words =)

ariwrites94 said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 8:42 am
wonderful poem! you are a talented writer!!! keep up the jaw-dropping work :) oh yeah if you have time could you maybe read, comment, and rate my poem called "Sensitive Am I?" Thanx. :)

Paig3Cagl3 said...
Great meaning and insight. I loved it.
Beautiful poem darling=]
-Please check out my poems that I have posted it would be greatly apreciated.

SickImage said...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 10:02 am
How lovely :]
Simple and easy to understand.
Something everyone at some point can relate to

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 16, 2009 at 11:13 am
great poem! I think every kid can relate!

Caitlyn said...
Interesting, cant say it is my favorite but you have a talent! Look at a few of mine!!!!!!