Voice In My Head | Teen Ink

Voice In My Head

By Scott Reel GOLD, Naperville, Illinois
Scott Reel GOLD, Naperville, Illinois

Voice in My Head
You lead me down a path of trust and motivation; you agree with me when I have an idea. You let me get involved when you know it could bring out the worst in me. You have told me to chase things that you knew weren't right for me and made me stay when you knew the right answer was to leave. You have convinced me that you are right above everyone else and have acted as the voice of god. You’re an actor of deception and love but yet I trust you every time knowing your tendencies. I have tried to take you over and bury you with the rest, so you silence yourself until I forget your true colors. You have brought me against myself and I have hated you more than hate its self. You plague me with confusion and anger but dig the deepest of passion, obsession, and love from what is left in my heart. You have changed my beliefs and taken parts of my soul; you have gone so deep. I know you're there subconsciously and consciously but you have become too powerful and intelligent for me to disown you from my body. You are my enemy, my opposite, my friend, my parent, my god, my devil, you are…me.