The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

Anblue said...
I love how, the rhymes aren't perfect alignments, yet still go together. All of my poems focus so much on rhyming. at least the ones I have on here.Your poetry is inspiring. It's beauty isn't all about perfection, and imperfection is the sign of a good author. keep writing
Joegirl2418 said...
this is breathtaking, i can relate to every line. thank you so much.
Jessicka said...
Aug. 19, 2009 at 12:27 am
well done!:)
~blackrose~ said...
truly beautiful! so much emotion and thoughts come towards the reader. excellent vocab. i absolutely loved it! keep up the great work! read my poem breakdown and comment lol
Chanel G. said...
This piece is incredible. I.... I can't begin to explain how much I love it. Bring on the next masterpiece.
ElizabethW. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it! The metaphors paint such deep meaning, full of passion and brokeness. It's a little abstract, but in a very good way, that lets the reader interpret it and fill in the blanks with their own story.
jordann_lil_guh said...
This is beautifully written. Absolutely amazing.
Alyssa S. said...
Jul. 16, 2009 at 6:13 am
This is a very nice poem. I have one a bit similar you should check it out. It's called Negative Love
musicqt327 said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 3:08 am
WOW! thats a rly rly amazing poem!! it was sooo wonderful and i can definately relate to it.
SexiAngel said...
Jul. 7, 2009 at 3:26 am
i really enjoyed this poem, i can really understand the concept of it and i can definitely relate to this poem. plz check out some of my poems and tell me wat u think.
Chrissy_L said...
Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:35 am
Stunning! This is absolutely fanatastic, you have no idea how jealous I am of your talents!
fivefiveoheight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this, the emotion in this is raw and beautiful. Keep writing you have an amazing talent.
nessa_1121 said...
i loved this i cna really relate nice job :)
FashionGuru said...
Your poem is amazing! I love how it rhymes, alot of poems don't. But it makes so much sense and the descriptive words are so beautiful and bold. I"m absolutely in love with your work. Keep writing, your very talented.
punksnowboarder said...
Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:12 am
This Is An AHMAZING!!! Poem. OMG, i have to put this on myspace or somewhere. i dont steal so you dont have to worry about that.
Lonleydandy said...
Jun. 27, 2009 at 3:02 am
I love this. I can really relate. My life is your poem. Keep on writing!
Samantha G. said...
Jun. 14, 2009 at 2:00 am
that was really great, very emotiuonal, awesome word pics
nana.riley said...
This is great!!!!!!! Keep writing please...... Nana.Riley:)
Eryn P. said...
THIS IS WONDERFUL never never stop writing you are talented.
MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love-.. cherish this. It's nice work, sweet, gets the pictureemotions in your head. Awesome