The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

babyknox said...
This was the sweetest and cutest poem i have ever read! Oh, i almost wanted 2 cry:((

*TheAuthor* said...
Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:59 am:
Wow...I am completely humbled by all of your comments...thank you so much!

Kiana

ezsmilesannemarie said...
This is beautiful. I absolutely loved it. The flow was phenomenal, your message was clear... I consider this to be true poetry: and not many people can write it.

tweedle dee said...
this flowed GREAT!!! tons of talent you are amazing!!! it rhymed and flowed perfectly and the emotion was captured so simply and beautifully! great job!!!

kittysuperstar said...
I really loved your poem it was awesome it really captivates the true love feelings that someone can have towards another person.

khammon016 said...
that poem is probably the best i've heard in a long time. great job. you're a natural

Mikala said...
Jan. 15, 2009 at 3:28 am:
I like this poem its good..

lizzzy said...
tht was a good pome

izzy said...
this was a good pome

lizzy said...
good pome great job

cc12388 said...
i thought that poem was amazing! : D it is very well written and the rythme of it just kinda falls into place which is a really neat thing. i know that this poem is the best i have heard in a very long time. I hope to hear another poem from you soon. Keep up the good work!!

vampire_whore said...
i love this poem. it's so true.

*TheAuthor* said...
Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:46 am:
Wow.You're comments are so encouraging! Im only thirteen, and I'm pretty suprised that my writing has touched someone so deeply. My mom says they're good...but she's my mom! You've made me feel that my writing is valuable; Im totally inspired. Thank you so much!

sierra W. said...
Feb. 25, 2009 at 4:49 pm:
wow.. that was really touching and deep.yoou have beautiful ways of putting things, the things you write about reminds me of my own =). good job

AndThisIsReal said...
Slightly cliche, especially the first line. But you made up for it completely in the last few lines. Overall I have to say I really liked your poem, It's obvious the meaning is deep and very true. Poetry is passion, as it should be. Keep up the good work.

loveisneverjealous* said...
Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:53 am:
I thought it was really great, I thought I was looking ito your soul when reading this. Listening to the pain and suffrage come alive on the screen...it was inspiring, really! =)

sarahw said...
i love this poem because it is completely amazing :) it also expresses a lot of things i know i have felt, and it expresses them eloqunetly. the rhyming also didnt seem forced. in summary: awesome. keep writing :)

CABhahahaHPhahaTL said...
Jan. 3, 2009 at 4:46 am:
This poem is great, but you most likely allready know that, so ill tell you that it makes me want to cry over my relentless broken heart of four years. Tell me if you find a cure:)

*TheAuthor* said...
Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:32 am:
Oh, and also...The line that reads 'If broken wings may carry dreams and carry me to sleep' I'm afraid I made a complete typo!!! It should say 'If broken wings may carry dreams and CRADLE me to sleep'! It's driving me crazy that I wrote the word 'carry' twice in the same line.lol. I would love for the editor to correct that before publishing!

*TheAuthor* said...
Jan. 1, 2009 at 4:02 am:
Wow! I really appreciate the comments; they mean so much to me. Sharing my writing with others has been a great experience, thanks to you. It's great to know that other people can relate to me on such a personal level! You have made my day!!!