I Praise | Teen Ink

I Praise

By misunderstoodfighter SILVER, Portland, Oregon
misunderstoodfighter SILVER, Portland, Oregon

when you come to the end of your rope tie a knot and hold on

I praise that I was exposed to life. I saw everything from divorce court, cracked out family, suicide, cancer, demons that eventually took over the people I cared about.
I praise that the only thing connecting me to my biological father is my last name. it was better for me to live without someone who tried having me drink and smoke at age 5.
I praise that music is a part of who I am. Its my escape from my past, my cushion for the present, and the light to my future. It's in my blood.
I praise that I've made mistakes at a young age, and was able to learn and move on from them. A big part of why I'm so strong today.
I praise myself. I'm hard headed and I never stop fighting. I'm still alive, feeling, breathing, learning. everyday I am here i learn something new about myself.
I praise the people around me. My family for raising me, my friends for shaping me, my peers for breaking me. They all play a part of me.
I praise that I have faith. Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4.
I praise death. It makes me appreciate the small things. It allows me to never take for granted the precious time I have. It allows me to be pure.
I praise all the hateful teachers who ever told me I wouldn't, couldn't, shouldn't. Cause I'm here now, farther than you said I would be, I followed my destiny.
I praise life. Its unexpected, scary, emotional, tough. It makes everyone a person, gives everyone a reason. Sometimes confusing but the pieces fit eventually.