I Am A Muslim

I am a Muslim.I am a girl.
Some think I am strange,wierd,different,opressed,too covered up.

I am a Muslim.I am strong.
Yes,I am different because my religion is Islam.Yes,I am covered up because I choose to wear a scarf to cover my head,and a long jilbab(dress).I am not opressed because I choose to wear black.And I am wierd because I am,thats just who I am.

I am not here to blow anything up.I believe in peace,not destruction and explosives ,and murder.

Yes,I am a Muslim,one of many.I am a girl.Yes I am strange to you.I am different than you.Yes,I am wierd,and covered up.No,I am not opressed.No,I am not a terrorist.Yes,my religion is Islam.

Indeed Islam.

CrystalAngelDolThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:17 am:
assalamlaikum sister, that was beautiful

Loleeta96 said...
GREAT! keep it up

Jenni x said...
Your poem inspires me, I understand how it must be to be balancing two identities, great use of words! love it

FayrouzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 6:54 pm:
I liked the last line...Indeed Islam is beautiful!