It was an accident i swear, I swear. | Teen Ink

It was an accident i swear, I swear.

By jenna hoaglan GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
jenna hoaglan GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

And it haunts me…
In my dreams, in my sleep, in any manner it can reach.
“I will not allow it!” I say, but little do I know it’s as well as too late.
You’ve done nothing but watch,
And can I blame you at all?
What would I have done as you, But then again, what did you do?
And actions speak, louder than words, louder than any meaning of expression
And your actions in particular yell at me, until I’ve understood the lesson.
The lesson, what was It again, and again, and again, I realize you are not a friend.
An enemy, from birth, from the first, from the beginning, I will never be the one winning.
Winning, define the term, I know it not, losing I know it well but what can it help?
What is this? Is it a game, I’ve forgotten my name, who’s in the lead this time? Every word is slurring with a rhyme.
To play, I forgot the game, what do I do, all my choices are up to you and only you can chose what I do.
Are these lyrics, is this a poem, a song, what am I writing this for, am I always wrong?
Who’s insane, is it me, sanity has fallen away from me, I guess It has , what happened, I lost my chance.
Your turn, explain yourself, who are you and what have you done with a human? Compassion you know not, but for I do not either know a lot.
I guess this is it, I’m done, There is nowhere else to run, don’t waste your time, I’ve committed no crimes, the game is over, and as I realize that I’m cold as frost, that’s it, the game I lost.