A Supposed Limitless Rant | Teen Ink

A Supposed Limitless Rant

By Rachel Luz BRONZE, El Dorado Hills, California
Rachel Luz BRONZE, El Dorado Hills, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"When eliminating the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes (BBC Sherlock)

Writing this particular poem involving many, mindless taped up words is somewhat difficult,
But I honestly feel this is my one alternative for you and I to passively consult,
Perplexed as well as perturbed, I don’t know if it’s completely necessary to share all of my thoughts,
Yet, I will still subconsciously spew the knowledge resting on my mind, not too less, but a lot,
Could you possibly astray form your oblivious unaware nature,
And kindly be attentive to my rant-filled endeavors, I trust that you care,
I would like to confess my effortful judgments, on you, and hopefully me,
Naïve and insensible, do you even notice what you see?
Before was an insensitive comment, and I stand to counter it a bit more honest, and truthfully,
What I feel isn’t that you’re at fault of anything, it’s that I can’t even handle it myself consciously,
In truth you are the solitary single specimen I wish to uphold higher than my heart,
I never did believe in love at first site, but I’ll give in and reveal that I have from the start,
Now I’ve gone and done, unearthing only a speck of the heavy pot of emotion that boils inside of me, ever so often stirred by you presence,
I’m not sure if I could truly face you head on now, out of true embarrassment and vulnerability, I’ve lost more than half of my sense,
Here I am, endlessly ranted for you to open up and see,
Breathes in, breathes out, if only you were listening currently.

The words I wrote from a one-sided crush. The stuff I wanted to say but couldn't. Many emotions in a mix: anger, shame, sadness and remorse. I hope someone will enjoy this, as I did while writing this poem.