Wishing for Amnesia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Memories marred by the attempts to delete them,
She doesn’t know what really happened anymore.
The Incident becomes incidents become “it happens all the time.”
Now all she knows
Is that it happens all the time.

Denial becomes excuses becomes I’m sorrys and
“What do you want me to do?”
It’s too late. She’s already afraid.

Afraid to be pitied,
She clutches her teddy bear, swallows her tears
And allows them to read her a story.

amanda_ann7 said...
What is your poem about? It seems to me to be about a violent incident and then having the coulrage to get your life going again. It was very interesting and maybe you should write a counter poem: like a person who has never felt hurt and therefore lags behind in emotional development. Good Job!

d3nyM3nOt said...
this relates to me more than you will ever know.it brought tears to my eyes and it try not to cry over the past anymore but anyway i really enjoyed that.

beddastella2@aim.com said...
Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:38 am
wow

tbbf09 said...
this is really good ND RELATES To ME IN MY OWN WAY....iloved it aND COMPLETELY undertood.

explicit1 said...
it was a good frame of a poem but i would have liked a little more substance! but other than that it was good ;)

ConstanceScott replied...
I am not sure how to eact because I am so confused by it.

Gemma M. said...
More like a story - I love it :) - reading it with not a way of knowing if what your thinking about the poem is true...something to think about.

angeleyes1995 said...
Apr. 5, 2009 at 5:25 am
This was good but plese tell me what u r talking about
~ angeleyes

Devin103 said...
This is an very awsome poem i love it keep up the good work

amanda said...
WoW. loved it =)

KittKat1119 said...
This is amazing omg i love it i love the way u put ur words itz great good work

Brittany A. said...
Mar. 1, 2009 at 7:00 am
that is a very good poem .... i really like it and congadulations on getting it published :)

SaveThEmpty said...
Feb. 18, 2009 at 1:58 am
looovve it!

WriterGurl09 said...
THIS IS A GREAT POEM BUT I DO NOT GET IT.. I FOUND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND IT. I READ IT OVER 6 TIMES AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA. YOU MAY THINK IM STUPID BUT I JUST CAN'T UNDRSTAND IT PLEASE READ MY POETRY AND SEE IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND

Grandtorino said...
Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:10 am
I don't know why some people don't understand this poem.. but i guess not everyone can understand everything they read... but this was really could i completely understood what you were saying... beautifully written :)

X0RACHAELX014 said...
greattttt :)

madberry said...
I really appreciate this poem. It expresses exactly the way I felt as a young child.

Redemption65 said...
I like what you are getting at. The meaning is their and good, but grrr, there is no flow. At every quote I had to start reading it from the beginning again because I did not know HOW to read it. There is a special way to read a specific poem and I could not read yours.

laptopbible said...
its so sad i think i teared up there

crich897 said...
Wow. You have some really deep thoughts in here. I love the progression. There is something that bugs me about this ... but I can't seem to put my finger on it right now. I will read through again later and possibly re-comment. But I really like this alot.