IMPACT | Teen Ink

IMPACT

By EdenRose BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee
EdenRose BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee

"Ideas are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny."
- Carl Schurz

There is a sound. The deafening roar of something…anything. It runs down the surface of the sky and trickles to the very edge of the atmosphere. There is a second of suspense as all matter collects. And then…it falls. As it rushes down to reach its inevitable destination, all turn from its path, for the sound is no more. It becomes the very essence of a silent world, still in action. What none can hear is no longer the focal point, no longer the heart of what we know. But before any can know how or why, it collides with the form of solidity. And with the impact, all eyes turn, all bodies shift. A sigh lifts from the mouths of all as they begin to know again. As they begin to know something so familiar. As they begin to know … resonance.

The sound of the impact is the result of the trickle…

sometimes i cant even describe what i write...but it is the way i felt when i wrote it, however confusing it may sound.