Best Friends Forever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We've been friends now,

for quite a while.

Through ups and downs,

tears and smiles.

All those letters ending,

best friends forever.

All those ideas,

some crazy, some clever.

We shared the bad times,

and the happiness,

We know our friendship,

would be nothing less.

The times we spent together,

I'll always keep in my heart.

We know these memories,

would last from the start.

Talking for hours on the phone,

you always had good advice to loan.

So I dedicate this poem to you,

because you're a friend who has stayed true!

soccerswim25 said...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 9:18 am
i thought the poem was really good and its soundslike your very talented! ilove it because i can connect with it and hope you post more!:)

SlovesJ said...
I love this poem. It reminds me of me and my best friend, as well al me amd my boyfriend

AndrewC said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 8:42 am
You used the typical kindergarten rhyme, and I really didn't feel it.  Its like you just wrote down words without feeling them.  You tried to be to "perfect".  Open up a bit and write.

Lost.In.Life replied...

Agrred, to me it almost seemed as if you were afraid to give it your own voice. Almost as if it were a chore :P

Dont be afraid to loosen up ! :)

iamAbel replied...
I agree. This was cute... for a fifth grader. I like poems a little deeper and not so obvious about what the metaphors are.

Lost.In.Life replied...
Exactly :)

wefellinLAVA said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 1:50 am

Really cute...

My only critique would be to not always go for the obvious rhyme.

trulovelasts.. said...
I was the same way with my bff Samantha! But then she was killed in a crash pn highway 65... :(

DarknessForever13 said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 9:35 am
This poem reminds me of my friend, sister, actually, for that is what we call eachother. We will be friends for 11 years next year. Even when she was at Saint Mary's school for 3 years, we stayed coneccted. Then she came back to Callisburg, and we have never been closer, I am glad others are fortunate to have a friend like that as well.  

iheartmaria replied...
Yea same here i love my sister she is like a best friend and we havent seen each other in 2 years

WritterFighter said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 8:56 am

Its sort of a simple but sweet dedication to a friend. I would of like something a little more aloborate, ex: more rimes.

I know we arent all perfect when it comes to writting and I know this as well, my poetry isnt perfect either.

AlyssaNeal said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:55 am
This poem is so sweet, im sure your best friend loved it. I love it when you find friends like that, when you know, that they are their to stay. It really means alot. Beautifully written!

amanda18 arcutie said...

aww! how sweet(:

i love it(:

Lucy(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 12:27 am

totally agree.

its very simple, maybe could use some extra "beef" (=

bbygurl21 said...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:35 am
♥♥♥♥♥♥ i am speech less this is amazing

Deeperkymess said...
love it ♥

MeganSeesStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's cute, it sounds kind of childish....x3

Aileen_P said...
i love it. this poem really speaks to me. it reminds me of my best friend turned traitor (before she did of course) and my best friends right now that i would give the world to help. this is a very challenging feeling to put into writing and you've done it. great job! :)

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
this is really sweet , I like it & anyone can relate . Please check out my work and rate :)

MusicBaby21 replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:04 am
I think it's unique and beautiful.