Best Friends Forever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We've been friends now,

for quite a while.

Through ups and downs,

tears and smiles.

All those letters ending,

best friends forever.

All those ideas,

some crazy, some clever.

We shared the bad times,

and the happiness,

We know our friendship,

would be nothing less.

The times we spent together,

I'll always keep in my heart.

We know these memories,

would last from the start.

Talking for hours on the phone,

you always had good advice to loan.

So I dedicate this poem to you,

because you're a friend who has stayed true!

bbygurl21 said...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:35 am
♥♥♥♥♥♥ i am speech less this is amazing

Deeperkymess said...
love it ♥

MeganSeesStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's cute, it sounds kind of childish....x3

Aileen_P said...
i love it. this poem really speaks to me. it reminds me of my best friend turned traitor (before she did of course) and my best friends right now that i would give the world to help. this is a very challenging feeling to put into writing and you've done it. great job! :)

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
this is really sweet , I like it & anyone can relate . Please check out my work and rate :)

MusicBaby21 replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:04 am
I think it's unique and beautiful.

MercedesXO said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 10:43 am
this is sweet, and well written. I enjoyed it. i recently joined the site and my work hasn't yet been accepted, but when it is i'd love for you to view it and see wat you think.

Amily said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 6:31 am
I like it.Such a beautiful poet!Come on!

coly33 said...

awww i love it, it reminded me of my memors with my freinds and the ideas of our future memories

great poem

:)

coly33 replied...
opps i mean memories

baby_girla said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:48 am
this is a real great piece and that is the truth. you can stay friends with one for a long time and still remember the glory days. is it all right if I use this for my graduation in 2012?

SKN17 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 6:31 am

Good one; very simply written yet conveys a poignant truth so close to home!

I love it :)

Nanner said...
So very easy to relate to. I enjoyed reading it. :)

LA CHIKKAH LOCA said...
DiS SOUNdS AL0t lykkk My H0MiTA Ndd ME :)

demetria said...

beef it up!!!

try using more advanced vocabulary. give the reader a image of what kind of friend she he/she is and why she is your friend. you can say she is a good friend but.....the reader doesn't want to just take your word for it..they want to feel it..absorb it.. and believe it. so just add a little more..umph!

GracieLynn said...
I really liked this. My best friend's graduating this year and it's really hard on me. This poem is exactly how our friendship is:)

luv2swim said...
May 27, 2010 at 10:04 am
Hey this was great!! You did a really good job! Do you think you could read some of my work? Thanks!!

Cuore said...
nice although I would change know to knew

EleanorRigby This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is like a poem you'd see in a greeting card

HissecretloveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5, 2010 at 9:32 am
oh my gosh i loved it