Best Friends Forever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We've been friends now,

for quite a while.

Through ups and downs,

tears and smiles.

All those letters ending,

best friends forever.

All those ideas,

some crazy, some clever.

We shared the bad times,

and the happiness,

We know our friendship,

would be nothing less.

The times we spent together,

I'll always keep in my heart.

We know these memories,

would last from the start.

Talking for hours on the phone,

you always had good advice to loan.

So I dedicate this poem to you,

because you're a friend who has stayed true!

Lauren T. said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:01 am
I thought this piece of poetry was deep gave a little but of a heart warming feeling to me. In your poetry I found scansion, and found a rhythm to your poem. On the ending words of a verse, I also found assonance with long sounds that were the same.

decievinghimesama said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:54 am
like it ♥ now I miss my best friend all the more

Jennalynn said...
I think this was a pretty decent poem, yes, it wasn't deep and powerful, but poetry is whatever the author wishes it to be. It was simple, not spectacular, but still had some good ideas. I think with more editing and focus it could be even better. Keep writing :)

lizerina776 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i totally agree :)

Moee1 said...
This is soo beautiful :)

SilverSun said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:49 am
I liked this especialy because the way I thought it was leading to one thing, and ended up somewhere else! Cograts on the publication! Nice Work!

SilverSun said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:49 am

rock ganxta said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 2:56 am

i  lyk tha page

lovemenot said...

Why does everyone need to be so negative? Shouldnt we be supportive of those who get published?

Your poem was great, keep writing!

MarleyRainbow said...

it was okay i guess not that bad but keep writting

garthgirl8888 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
good, but nothing spectacular...

kelly said...
this poem made me think that my friendship would last from the start and i would love my best friend WealthyLoving.COMit's a right place for you. Online dating in the developed countries for the millionaire singles and admirers.

JuneTaz said...
^^What she said

BlueLilly said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 8:39 am
I honestly don't see how this was voted top piece of the day it just seems bland and without that much emotion. Still your good, keep writing:D

DarkLonely said...
love it it was amazing

Nick-M said...
Really nice! I know this feeling... My poem 'I am the Garden' is a new type of poem I don't usually write-- because I'm in love! Feedback would be... spectacular!

Cammie42 said...
Haha awh, this was so sweet and innocent, I enjoyed it a lot. This made me wanna run to my best friend's house and give her a maaaajor hug!:D Check out my poem Dirty Luck if you have free time.(: Thanks! And keep writing!

foreverlove said...
thats really good and clever! :)

Torri_123 said...
So sweet...I really like this poem

sarawho382 said...
so cute :) i like it a lot