Sometimes I Smile For real

Depression comes all to easily to me, anger never lingers to far behind, and happiness is usually just a distant thouhgt in the back of my mind. When Im expected to be happy i wear a smile upon my face. Everybody thinks im fine but thats rarely the case. I dont want to hurt the people that care for me by letting them know hoew i feel or that the person they think they know is unreal. I didnt always used to be this way, there used to be a glow in my eyes until it faded away. I used to have someone that enabled me to happy. I could love and care when he was there. He may not have known how he made me feel. I thought that what we had was real. Then one day he left with nothing to say, all to quickly my heart began to decay. Maybe I didnt quite show my affection but i wasnt given any time to make a correction. When I was with him my heart rate doubled i Commonly forgot that i was troubled. All i want is for him to see how much he truly meant to me. With Him I could Truly smile if only it would have lasted more than just awhile.

Meagan S. said...
I absolutely love this! It makes me feel like I'm not the only one who writes about break-ups. We writers can't always be positive and preppy in our writing. Sometimes the dark and gloom has to show its side. You did a really good job!

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I full heartedly agree with Hope_Princess! This is truely beautiful.
~peace love and happiness~
<3,
Kayla

Hope_Princess said...
This almost brought tears to my eyes, so sad. It was totally awesome, and I loved it so much.
You did a fantastic job, keep up the good work!