Gone | Teen Ink

Gone

By Veer_1357 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Veer_1357 BRONZE, Cupertino, California

Recently my gramma got diagnosed with Dementia. This passage is about me finally understanding that things happen in life and it's ok to move on. Now, before my grandma was diagnosed with dementia, she would call everyday and ask me how my day was and what I was up to .But recently after being diagnosed with Dimensai she sometimes forgets to call and sometimes even forgets my birthday. Hence this made me write about the hard topic in which a boy sees and knows his grandma is getting older and older and weaker and weaker but he can't help it, he can't turn back the clock. 

She forgot...

The huge house is full of life but void of emotion, his grandmother's voice echoes. The sweet sound of her voice, her wisdom filled eyes and her smooth skin are missed.

She forgot...

The phone does not ring, the annoying voice of the ring is non-existent, the house is quiet as it can be, the crickets are chirping away and the wind is howling. The boy waited and waited, yet there was no phone call. In shock and distraught the boy looked at the phone and saw his face dripping with tears and still no messenge or call.

She forgot...

The feelings are too much for him and his heart aches. “Why is this happening? Why Dadi why?” the boy asks. Dadi means grandmother in Hindi. He hears the smooth and loving voice of his grandma and he knows the calls are not going to come anymore.

He goes to bed with a heartache and a type of sadness he has never experienced. 

She forgot...

I am a 14 year old boy that lives Cupertino, CA.