The Science of God | Teen Ink

The Science of God

By L.Schwartz BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
L.Schwartz BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

God could be the most controversial topic of all time. Many say that science disproves the existence of a Creator, only a few use science and facts to prove the existence of a God. Does God exist? Zealous believers say yes right away, but many need proof. Science points to the existence of a Creator due to the incomplete explanations of scientists, the intricacy of humans and, the complexity of nature.

Science leads us to believe that there is a Creator due to the incomplete explanations of scientists. Many scientists believe to disprove the existence of a God through the Big Bang Theory, but they cannot explain it completely. They proposed that the planets were formed from a cloud of gases and dust surrounding the Sun. They do not know where the Sun or the cloud came from, or what (or who) set the whole universe in motion; the universe just flashed into existence and we do not know how or what happened. The Theory of Evolution focuses on mutations and changes within the existing organism, but it does not explain where the brain and eye came into play or even when nonliving matter became living organisms. DNA is like the longest computer program ever written. You cannot find such complete instructions like that unless somebody intentionally created it.

The intricacy of human beings shows that there is a God. The human eye is one of the most astonishing organs. It can distinguish over seven million colors, can focus automatically and simultaneously handles over a million messages. Bringing up DNA again, it is a few billion letter program telling your body what to do. What is most interesting is how it got there. They are not just chemicals, but chemicals that instruct. The human brain handles and processes an overwhelming amount of information. From the sights, sounds and smells, your thoughts and memories and it is controlling every function in your body. The brain processes over a million signals per second. The human brain functions a lot differently than other organs. It has intelligence about it. The abilities to reason and produce feelings, to dream, to take action and to relate to other people are just a few of the many actions the brain can take.

The complexity of nature leads us to believe that there is a Great Engineer of the universe. Look at this, the Earth is perfect. Its size and gravity allows us to live here. If the Earth was smaller, then an atmosphere would be impossible, and if it were larger, then the atmosphere would contain free hydrogen. Earth is the only known planet with the right gases to sustain plant, animal, and human life. The Earth is also located in the perfect place. If the Earth was farther from the sun, we would freeze and any closer and we would burn up. The Earth remains perfectly positioned from the Sun while it rotates around the Sun at 67,000 miles per hour and is rotating on its axis to allow the whole surface to be cooled and warmed daily. Water, a colorless, odorless, tasteless substance, yet no living creature can survive without it. Water allows us to live in an ever-changing environment due to its unusually high freezing and boiling point. Water allows us to transfer chemicals, minerals, and nutrients into even the smallest blood vessels. Water’s strange surface tension allows it to reach the top of the tallest trees and freeze from the top down allowing fish to live in the winter. Evaporation of water allows it to reach more land for vegetation, animals, and people. The universe is full of laws. Gravity remains constant and a cup of coffee will get cold if you leave it out. The speed of light does not change and the Earth still rotates in twenty-four hours. Why is the universe so reliable? Even the brightest scientists have been stuck on how weird this is. It is easier to imagine an unpredictable universe, other than one so orderly. Even Richard Feynman, a Nobel Prize winner in quantum electrodynamics, said that “there are rules at all [are] a miracle.”

Science points to the existence of a Creator. God’s existence is all around is in everyday life. From the universe to the DNA in your cells, there is proof that there is a God. Science can be used to prove that there is a God; but, it all comes down to what you believe.

on Nov. 29 2011 at 1:36 am

As a science student and a Christ follower-I am in awe that my God is great enough to create in ways that confuse, inspire and intrigue the world. My God is great enough to create by science whether it be by evolution or by spoken words.

~ProvectusCunctator

VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of Gods great love, we are not consumed. His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

I love when science is used to prove many scientists wrong.