A Letter to the Devil

Hey Satan!

You've been bugging me a lot ever since I turned 14. You've tempted me to lie, cheat, disobey and underestimate my worth. And know what? You've succeeded a whole lot too!

Well I've got some news for you, mister, although it shouldn't be. I happen to be a child of God. I belong to him. This body of mine, while broken and bent, is His. Ooh, ouch. Did I hurt you? Let me say that again. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, untouchable to you, mister. You can just bug off. I am a sinner who has received salvation at the hands of God almighty and there is nothing, NOTHING you can do about that!

Yeah, there have been times when I've listened to you. I've listened to those filthy little lies you and your henchmen whisper in my ear. Unfortunately, I melted that ring in Mount Doom when I first accepted Jesus as my savior, and no screaming, or tempting, or beating on me is going to change that.

I am a princess. God is my Father King, Jesus is my brother and friend and the Holy Spirit lives in me so you can tell your thugs to pack up and go home! This is land that you will never conquer! I am his. His. HIS! You think you're so smart. You think that every time you make me sin, I'm giving myself away to you. Well bucko, you're so wrong. What makes you think you have any right to this girl?

Jesus Christ died and rose again and he ground your face to a pulp and booted your sorry little butt right out of my life! You're a groveling, whining pup, and you don't deserve to even look the glory that radiates from his face. You're living in darkness, and you will be burning in Hell forever in the end.

Oh, you're just hating me right now, aren't you? Hate away, hate all you want. I do not and will never belong to you. Get out of here, Satan. I am a tabernacle of the Lord. Jesus' blood covers me. You can't take him. He destroyed you. And you know it. You know it completely. Give up, Satan. You're done here.

Sincerely,
A child of Jesus

ThereIsAHeaven said...
May 13, 2011 at 9:22 am
Amen sister! Tell it to the devil! I've written something against the devil once. I shared it with a friend and it made him tremble a bit.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!  He's been nagging and tugging at me for a long time, so every time I want to give in, I just need to remember what it says in Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous!  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the LORD your God will be with your wherever you go."  If I have that command and promise, where does the devil come in?  He doesn't!  :D

ThereIsAHeaven replied...
You're welcome! I don't get a lot of people who under the same faith as I do. Is it alright if I can be your friend? My account is Seraphim_Trinity, just ot let you know. 

May 20, 2011 at 10:25 am
SSure, but I didn't know u could friend people. Can u do it? I'm really busy.

ThereIsAHeaven replied...
You can, its called reading people's articles. I only use these "fake" names because I don't want people attacking me and my faith in a direct way (I get a lot into heated debates, that's why). Check me on the regular forums. On the friend thing though, I ask people. I don't know how you "friend" someone, but I ask people if they want to be my friends.  

Well, I will totally be your 'friend'/friend ;) and I will certainly read your stuff - and comment! - if you will first give me a title.  this site needs to bring back the ability to search of usernames.  I'd just like to tell you that if people "attack" you for your faith, you can know that you are conquering ground.  Something bugged that person enough to bug you, so even if it's annoying, and I know about it :) it's cool if people know that about you.  Of course, you don't... (more »)

Seraphim_Trinity replied...
May 23, 2011 at 8:15 am
Thank you for the encouragement. If you don't mind me asking, what grade are you in? Yeah, this is me. :)

May 23, 2011 at 11:13 am
I'm in 11th grade, and I'm homeschooled, thankfully.  My schedule is super busy and when it's not, when we're not going somewhere, then I'm super busy with math!

Seraphim_Trinity replied...
I'm in 12th grade. Homeschooled. Hmmm. You're a bit lucky, you don't have to deal with the public schooling like me. Oh, just to let you know blues_are.still_blue won't be bothering you or I. Praise Go.d for that! I've delt with the person many times, and I had enough. So what I did was ask the person who watches the articles, and the person's anti-Chri.stian article got deleted. Trust me on this, it was Go.d bashing. I'm glad it was deleted. We don't have to worry. Just ... (more »)

TeaCat replied...

You people seem very educated in Christianity! (no duh!) :)

So I was wondering.... I'm Wiccan, and I can't get over why Christians think Witches are Satan-worshippers? We don't even believe in Satan; if there is a Satan, he seems awful, like the worst thing someone could ever imagine, and that's not what Witches think. We believe that we should all  coexist with each other and with nature, and so in a way, that's kind of like you guys' God, right, because in the Bible he created t... (more »)

I don't what exactly to believe about Wiccans, because I've never been able to find out exactly what they do believe and how the live it and such.  One thing, I believe (this is a Christian viewpoint) that anyone who does not worship God must worship someone/something else.  Whatever is more of a priority than God, that is an idol and it becomes a person's 'god.'  There certainly people out there that, often unwittingly, do worship Satan.  I'm not saying that about Wiccans sp... (more »)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You tell that Devil!