Common Sense

As stupid as it sounds, trust and love isn’t what makes the world a good, kind, or even better place. It’s common sense. I mean, think about it. If people trusted everyone they met right off and didn’t use their common sense, then conmen would rule over everyone. If no one thought: “well, I’d better watch my back,” then people would be scammed out of their money, conned out of their livelihoods, and robbed of what their lives meant. Maybe that’s why God gave us common sense, so we would use it. When it all is reduced and really thought about, common sense is what makes the world turn on a normal, titled axis. And thinking about that: why is world’s axis tilted? I mean, why is it tilted in comparison to being straight? Isn’t it common sense to associate a straight axis with being sturdy and dependable? Would people want a more dependable axis than a crooked one? Wouldn’t God want that, too? Wouldn’t God have enough common sense to make a sturdy axis for his creations to turn on? Maybe that’s why there's evil in the world. Maybe it’s here because we aren’t spinning on a straight, horizontal axis. Maybe even God made a mistake and those people who wrote the Bible either didn’t know that their perfect imaginative figure wasn’t so perfect or they just didn’t want to admit it. It might be one mistake, but it made all the difference. Has anyone ever had the nerve or audacity to think outside the normality of religious box? Maybe it wasn’t Eve or Adam’s fault that evil was released. Maybe it was God’s. God put Adam and Eve on this earth. If He knew what they were going to betray Him, then why did He create them? (And I'm saying that He knew because He’s supposedly all-knowing.) There’s a flaw. It’s one, simple, and maybe irrelevant flaw, but it’s still a flaw and it also makes all the difference. its common sense to look for the flaws in things so you don’t get conned. So don’t think I'm crazy because of what I'm writing.

Navi-Talmid-Shel-Seraphim said...
Disagree on one little thing you said. It's Adam's and Eve's fault, because they rebelled over what God said. They ate the fruit which God said, do not touch. They acted defiant.

Mountain_of_the_Skull replied...
May 25, 2011 at 9:24 am
Well said Navi.