Jesus who?

The Darwin awards or the Bibile? Creationism or Evolution? Which book does modern youth enjoy more? Which theory do they believe in and respect? Modern youth are following a general trend toward science and technology and away from the holy trinity. The technology wave has created things such as the ipod and insulin whereas religion, more specifically the Chatholic church, has remained obsolete and has not evolved from what it once was. Science has also answered age old questions that religioned never dared fathom such as the history of the world and the human genetic code. Religion is based on the fact that an omnipotent and benevolent being is watching over us and knows the answers to everything in the world. Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God, who is debatably a fictional character. Youth of our era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church. Is this a bad thing?
Although science has advanced our society beyong imagine it is also the source of most of our trouble. Science has devided the world. Everhyone is connected but only a rare few are really together. Today's generation comunicates through email and electronics whereas religion promotes unity in person. Science has ripped nations apart with the creation of weapons whereas religion promotes the old saying : do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Catholic church promotes faith and accountability towards God. Science promotes progress with an optional consideration for ethics and morals. Science is cool and dangerous. Religion is old and boring. Youth love science and find religion dull. Can you blame them?

ni77 said...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 8:35 am:
i find this article very interesting. science is something i know i will always have more interest compared to religion, but that may be because i was brought up by a father who is strictly atheist.  science has a lot more evidence behind it. i know people want something to believe in, but i think its time we start thinking more logically and realise there really isnt any proof to back up religion.

ni77 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:50 pm :
actually i have done quite a lot of research on this topic, as i have a lot of interest in it. and really evolution has a LOT more evidence behind it than religion. religion  has about the same amount of evidence behind it as things like fairies or leprechauns. things that people consider "miracles" are merely coincedences or things with a logical explanation. i respect other opinions and beliefs but i have chosen to believe in the side that has more proof, more reason and is... (more »)

BuddhaChica said...
"Youth love science and find religion dull." I think you might be exxaggerating a wee bit. There are millions of teenagers who love God and enjoy going to church to worship Him. There are also millions who enjoy science and learning about it. I know I might be biased because I live in a very religious part of my state, but this doesn't have a lot of truth and background to it. That being said, I did understand your point of view and why you confronted this issue.

ChristianChickALWAYS replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 8:34 pm :
I agree, I love goin to church to worship Jesus Christ. and he offers a free gift of heaven all you have to do is accept him into your heart and you will go to heaven, but you should love and obey the commandments. And if Christianity isnt real and jesus isnt gonna come back (which he will) then whats gonna happen. If you accept him you will get heaven and if its not true who is it gonna hurt?

alex997 replied...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm :
"and if its not true who is it gonna hurt?"   are you kidding?! what about the thousands of people who are risking their lives and dying in afganistan? what about the SIX MILLION jews killed in ww2 ?!   you've got to be mental to think religion isnt creating more hurt than pretty much anything else in the world.

snow67 replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 1:05 pm :
science rules :)