If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


ssssss BRONZE said...
on Apr. 8 2010 at 9:28 am
ssssss BRONZE, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.

One thing I have learned is that you do not go to heaven for good deeds. You go to heaven for believing in Christ that he died for our sins and rose again and that he is the only way to God. There may be other smaller reasons too that I have forgotten but those are the main reasons. I believe you can go to heaven even after you have murdered somebody. Look at the people stationed in Iraq. I'm sure there are plenty of christians out there that have to kill or be killed. There are people that have done terrible things there whole life and I believe will still go to heaven. Going to heaven is not based on the deeds you do but what you believe in.

on Apr. 4 2010 at 9:33 pm
Jkrissy95 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Leonardo Da Vinci
Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather becomes frozen, even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.

Believing in the bible is like believing in history: believing in primary and secondary source accounts on times wen no one could record things. if u bellieve in history tharez no excuse to not believe the bible. just cuz it says things you dont wanna hear or that you dont agree with doesnt make it a joke or untrue.

Believing in anything takes faith. its just ware u place that faith that determines wut u do or dont believe. humans have freewill, so u are able to believe in wutwver you want.

If u read the bible, youd know that god created us all equal, meaning no one is greater than another, however we all hav higher callings. some embrace them and use them to show who christ is to the world, and others choose to deny it and do wut they want. we were created equal to lift eachother up and come together for one cause, but that cause has been lost.

also, thares no possible way you could believe in god w/o believing in the bible since all we know about him comes from it. the fact that we are all created equally comes from the bible, so your point cancels itself out.

i understand what your trying to say. but realize that we hav to look deeper into things before making flash desisions or ideas, think deep. God bless.


on Apr. 2 2010 at 1:29 pm
LeannaRose SILVER, Moreno Valley, California
5 articles 6 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you learn to appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself...and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, God all created us equally, however He also gave us a choice. The choice to Love and live for Him, or to disobey Him. Those who follow Him will make it into heaven. However, if one chooses not to, they have to be punished into hell.

You should take the time to read my article 'standing out what makes me different' and give me your thoughts. thank you.

Leanna


on Apr. 1 2010 at 10:46 pm
fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
6 articles 0 photos 59 comments
But why would such a kind and loving creator make somewhere so horrible to banish us to? Wouldn't it break His heart to see his loved ones be sent to Hell? It makes no sense.

on Apr. 1 2010 at 10:44 pm
fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
6 articles 0 photos 59 comments
Everyone please stop bashing each other! This is her own opinion, not open season on who's right or wrong. Yes, the Bible has been proven in many ways, but who proved it? Atheists? Scientists who are hardcore Christians? We can't say something's true because someone proved it (and I'm religious, too, I'm just saying). We don't know anything God's planning until we die and see it firsthand.

EMERY BRONZE said...
on Apr. 1 2010 at 10:49 am
EMERY BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
2 articles 1 photo 4 comments
I can't take this article seriously. Your lack of maturity and the ability to use the shift key distract me from any valid point you may be trying to make. lrn2type

on Mar. 31 2010 at 7:42 pm
pinkjello1994 BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never regret what once made you happy"

The truth is sad, that we dont know. The bible is basically a version of the game "telephone" the story changes every time its told. Most if not all Christians will battle this with something about how god/jesus would never lie/it's all true because its the bible.. that kind of nonsence but its altamently all up to if you beleive in it or not, because its all about faith not facts.

on Mar. 31 2010 at 1:02 pm
skywitch BRONZE, Salem, Massachusetts
1 article 2 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
~ A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.~ Agent K
Men In Black

Some of the places/people mentioned in the Bible were real. It's whether god is real or not, whether there is heaven or not is what scientists are trying to figure out. I personally wouldn't really like to know. I think that we should all just respect that we all believe different things.

on Mar. 30 2010 at 10:27 pm
horsie_luver SILVER, Tigard, Oregon
5 articles 1 photo 56 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I cannot live without books."-Thomas Jefferson

You know something? How about you suggest that to God? I don't think He'll quite agree with that, but... Anyways, in order to get to Heaven here's all you need to do: believe (TRUELY believe with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength) that Jesus is God's son and that Jesus was raised from the dead on the 3rd day and that He died for all of our sins to be forgiven. If you believe that, then don't worry about going to hell!

Also, the Bible has been proven scientifically, historically, and many other ways to be true.


on Mar. 28 2010 at 1:35 pm
Just stories? The Bible is made up of many books and written by many authors and yet never contradicts itself. How could that be unless it is God-inspired and God-breathed?

on Mar. 28 2010 at 1:31 pm

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions..

The whole 'heaven/hell idea' as you call it must exist if God does. Otherwise there would be absolutely be no point in his existence. The whole reason Jesus came was to save us from eternal damnation in hell. Thus, if God exists, Heaven and Hell do as well. As far as the 'system' is concerned, God made it easy! And the argument isn't wether you're a good or bad person, its wether you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior that determines where your eternity will be spent. Make sense?


TheJust ELITE said...
on Mar. 25 2010 at 4:26 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Ask any historian and they will give you proof of the Bible. Whether it's King David, Solomon or Jesus Himself. And Answers in Genesis is a great place to find answers about the scientific side of the Bible. Believe me, it's true.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Mar. 25 2010 at 4:24 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

People are all born evil. It's a fact. We're all sinners. Ask your parents if they ever had to teach you to lie. I know mine didn't. God didn't create Hell originally. Because in the beginning the first two people were perfect. But when they broke the only law God gave them, He could no-longer fellowship with them. Meaning that when they died, they couldn't live with Him in Heaven and He could no longer walk with them in the garden. Because of this, He needed a solution to solve this problem. And He was "intelligent" enough to create a way for us to escape Hell and be with Him in Heaven when we die. That solution was Jesus, His perfect Son, whom He sent down to die for the whole world's sins. He did this because both God and Jesus knew that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission/forgiveness". And through His own power, three days after His death, Jesus arose from the grave, whole again. And He did that to not only prove He was the Son of God but also to provide a way of salvation. If you believe that Jesus died and rose again for your sins (anything that breaks the Ten Commandments), and repent of (ask forgiveness and turn away from) those sins, you'll be given eternal life with God and Jesus in Heaven when you die. But there is only one other option. You die without Jesus and go to Hell. The choice is yours and there's only two options. I hope you make the right one.

paperflowers said...
on Mar. 24 2010 at 7:43 am
paperflowers, Imaginary, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 176 comments
I think they have found ruins of things that were mentioned in the Bible.

laurey_lee said...
on Mar. 23 2010 at 9:54 pm
Have you really searched? Go to Answers in Genesis and listen read from Scientists that expalin why, when we look at the evidence and compare it to the Bible it makes perfect sense. And when we look at the evidence and evolution it does not make sense. The Bible has never been proven wrong. If so it would make HEADLINES....and never has.

laurey_lee said...
on Mar. 23 2010 at 9:48 pm
The Bible has been proven scientificaly, historicly,monitarily, moraly true. There have been intelegent men like Lee Strobel, who as a writer was challenged top prove the Bible wrong and after much investigation became a believer in the bible and became a follower of Jesus . Also another, Josh Mcdowel a Lawyer was challenged to prove the Bible wrong and Became a follower of Jesus . Lee Strobel has videos and books The Case For Christ , and Josh Mcdowell has books out called More Than a Carpenter. These are VERY intelegennt men who after searching found the Bible true and Jesus Christ real.
The Bible says that it is spiritually understood and unless you are Born Again you cannot understand the Bible, just like the other languages you are learning, unless your eyes have been opened to the lanuage you cannot comprehend. Its the same with the Word of God, you have to be Spiritually born again to understand the Bible. It is wriiten to and for Believers. Ask Jesus to forgive your sind and tell Him you believe in His Death and Ressurection for your sins. He died in place of us all. For all our sins, why would we reject Him? Only out of pride. Which will lead us to separation from God. Humble yourself and ask Him to be Lord of yopur life. The end of a prideful life is death, humility leads to life and peace.

on Mar. 23 2010 at 6:48 pm
Silevryn BRONZE, Osceola, Missouri
3 articles 51 photos 58 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The world hasn't become more violent, it's become more televised"

what ive never understood is this: If we were created with free will, why would our creator punish us for exercising it. I am a druidic pagan, and see no reason that i should go to hell for practicing things like healing the sick, protecting life, and respecting others beliefs (which is more than i can say for some of the "heaven bound" Christians I've come across). And besides, if there is a singular being in charge of everything, why would it care about something so trivial as to what its followers call themselves so long as they are kind to one another?

brandyee said...
on Mar. 22 2010 at 9:13 am
i don't believe in "God" but i believe there is something out there, and i agree that the bible is just stories, is there really any solid proof that that stuff happened?

on Mar. 21 2010 at 9:53 pm
Swindlewick SILVER, ..., Washington
8 articles 2 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

This author is saying that all good people on earth, even while not Christian , should go to Heaven and all bad people, even if not Christian , should... er... not.

on Mar. 21 2010 at 11:23 am
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York
27 articles 0 photos 231 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Valtarov, Christianity is not the only religion. Judaism and even Islam have very close beliefs to Christianity . Buddhism and Hinduism are different but the main idea of kindness to others still remains. Just about all religions represent an omnipotent being and the idea of good triumphing over evil, in the end. Religion is not necessarily about Jesus Christ .