If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

caitlin.calamity said...
Why would God condemn anyone to hell if he loves us all? Gallagher, your logic makes no sense to me.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:03 am :
Because he chooses not to infringe on free will. He doesn't want anyone to go to hell . But because they choose not to have a relationship with him, they send themselves to hell . I don't want to sound like one of those in-your-face-christians, but this is what I believe and this is the place to talk about what you believe....

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 1:58 pm :
Because He chooses not to infringe on free will. It's not sin that sends poeple to hell , it's failure to choose to have a relationship with Him.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:07 am :
I hate it when it makes me comment twice....
:{

gallagher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 30, 2009 at 12:22 am:
Hell is for non-believers. God gave us free will, meaning it's our choice to love him or reject him. And if we choose not to love him why would we want to spend eternity with him? God is saying "Well you don't want to be with me so you can go here as far away from me as possible. So no, everyone does not go to heaven.

Lizard said...
You have to understand, God didn't make Hell for unbelievers, he made it for Satan. But in the Bible, God says he WILL NOT claim you if you don't claim him. It sounds like you believe in God, so why haven't you made the choice yet to follow him?

Kelz1141 replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm :
If God so badly wants us to believe and follow him why doesn't he make is presence more known. I don't think I'm a bad person because I don't fall under the power of suggestion.

reflectionsofyou said...
Truth isn't truth just because you believe it. There has to be a standard for truth to be measured to and my belief is that that standard is God. And i don't really think we're all Gods children. I think that's a chioce we make about accepting his son. There are a ton of things out there that I could list to try and prove the Bible is true and accurate but if you really want to know you can look up Apolegetics[sp?].
Anyway I try to respect what other people believe bec... (more »)

Kelz1141 replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm :
Not wanting to be mean but you just said Truth isn't truth just because you believe it. Maybe God isn't truth just because you believe it.

Henry replied...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:22 pm :
Agreed. Too many people are accepting their opinion as the absolute truth. I don't know if God exists or not; I don't believe he does, but don't make this out to be the absolute truth.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:21 am :
I didn't say the Bible was truth because I believe it. Who am I? Why does it even matter what I believe? I believe the Bible is true because God is soviergn[sp?] and he tells us so. [Yeah, I know that sounds stupid to some people so please don't go there...] And to back that up I believe God is real because he's made his spirit known to me.

cotigwrites said...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:31 am:
there's something in the bible called the age of accountability. this is when your old enough to know right or wrong. you can be a good person and still go to  hell . you have to be born again (not literally born again, spiritually. meaning you have to ask god to come into your life). being a good person has typically nothing to do with going to heaven. you have to live the chrisitian life.

Sunshineyday said...
I think anyone who does good and lives right, regaurdless of the religion they identify themselves with, can make it to heaven. It is refreshing to see someone with a viewpoint similar to mine. people get really touchy about religion, but my personally philosophy is god will open heaven to anyone who has earned it by living right.

gallagher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 30, 2009 at 12:32 am :
Define living right. No one is perfect, as the saying goes.

Sunshineyday replied...
Nov. 30, 2009 at 2:11 pm :
Pretty loose standard. don't hurt other people, and play your part in the universe in a positive way. Did you ever hear of the concept of "karma"? I feel that heaven and hell are the ultimate and final karma return for how you spend your life.

Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:57 am :
So like doing 51% positive things and 49% negative things? Getting to heaven isn't about being more of a good person than a bad person, if it was no one would ever get there. Getting to heaven is about trying to live a Godly life and having a relationship with God. However, God does speak about something like karma. He says you reap what you sow. If you sow selflessness, you'll reap selflessness. If you so bitterness, you'll reap bitterness. But going to heaven has absolutely noth... (more »)

Kelz1141 said...
I completely agree with you, because in reality the Bible was written by humans. I could go and easily write a book and say it is the word of god and start my own religion on something I made up.

Ally_Yang replied...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:50 pm :
^-^ thank you

Lizard replied...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 8:09 pm :
Yes! It was written by humans, but in 3 different languages, on three different continents. How on earth could people who don't speak the same language come together and write a book????? Why is Jesus 's tomb empty? Why does research say prayer helps healing? Why do miracles happen? How come the earth is the only planet that has the perfect amount of hydrogen and oxygen for us to survive? How come it is tilted at a PERFECT 23 degree angle so the equal distrubutions of the sun make it ... (more »)

Kelz1141 replied...
Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:46 pm :
You don't jesus tomb is empty, thats just what your bible says. And the research done to say that prayer helps healing was probably a christian, and there is a reason miracles are called miracles... it's because they are mircales not because god made them happy. And for the rest of your questions science.