If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

Peace420 said...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 1:21 pm:
I don't believe in god so therefor I don't believe in heaven and hell . The bible are just stories...

Truthwillprevail replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 1:35 pm :
Just stories? The Bible is made up of many books and written by many authors and yet never contradicts itself. How could that be unless it is God-inspired and God-breathed?

skywitch replied...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 1:02 pm :
Some of the places/people mentioned in the Bible were real. It's whether god is real or not, whether there is heaven or not is what scientists are trying to figure out. I personally wouldn't really like to know. I think that we should all just respect that we all believe different things.

Valtarov said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:44 pm:
Now for the problems in what you say. I think you may be the really bad type of universalist who says that everyone gets to go to heaven regardless of what type of person you've made yourself. Though Love may love a wretched thing in spite of all its infirmities, He cannot cease to will their removal. Each of us has a cancer inside that will slowly kill us unless we let the surgeon (God) remove it. It may be painful, but it is painful for the surgeon himself to have to cut you up to he... (more »)

Valtarov replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:48 pm :
God did not create us equally. Socrates was right when he said that there were some men fit only to be slaves. The reason that I believe in democracy and abolition is because there are no men fit to be masters. The only real sense of equality on God's level is that God's love will mean infinite fulfillment to each. That infinity will probably not be equal to that of everyone else; but that is not the point. The point is that it is enough.

Valtarov replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 12:36 am :
It is not that God sentences anyone to heaven or hell , but rather that there is something inside of us all that will grow up to be Hell if we do not (or perhaps it is merely we do not let God) let God nip it in the bud.

Valtarov said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:31 pm:
Now, being an amateur apologist, I think I may have something to say. I am a Christian . Is Christianity the only way to God? Well, yes and no. Jesus says the following statements: 1. "I am the way and the truth and the life." 2. "Whosoever believeth in me shall have eternal life." 3. The parable of the sheep and the goats Now, on the first two. No one will come to God except through Christ , but we are expressly not told that it is only those who believe in Christ... (more »)

Bbrat replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 2:02 pm :
Religion is a touchy subject. I too am a christian , but just because i am doesnt mean its the only way or that i am even right. I would rather believe though and be right then to not and be wrong. In my opinion each religion has its high points and ones that dont make any sense at all. I think mostly its up to you. If you truly believe in God he'll show you whats right, and you can make it to heaven through him and Jesus christ . All you really need is that faith in him and you will se... (more »)

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 11:23 am :
Valtarov, Christianity is not the only religion. Judaism and even Islam have very close beliefs to Christianity . Buddhism and Hinduism are different but the main idea of kindness to others still remains. Just about all religions represent an omnipotent being and the idea of good triumphing over evil, in the end. Religion is not necessarily about Jesus Christ .

frnkplss55 said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 4:36 pm:
I understand what you are saying but God tells us to believe in him. I am Christian and I don't think exactly what people say is true. The Muslium faith believes in Alah which just mean God is Arabic. So I don't understand why people claim they aren't going to heaven when really they believe the same thing as Luthrans. Still, I think you need to believe that someone with higher power made you and then i think you will go to heaven

chadmiester89 replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 1:19 pm :
Salvation and going to heaven is by grace through faith alone. you should have to think about if your going to heaven or not.

Valtarov replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:38 pm :
Wrong. Salvation is by no means by faith alone. James, in the Bible, says so. Moreover, faith is a lot more than intellectual belief in Jesus . Until one has made a good moral effort and found himself lacking, there is no place for faith, for faith is the understanding and hope that God will take you in spite of all the bad in you. Good works lead, more and more, to faith, as faith leads to good works. Christ never says that it is only through intellectual belief in him is what saves us... (more »)

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:14 am :
But don't you think salvaiton is defined as what truely makes us saved? I think if salvation where based on anything we can do [besides total surrender] then it would shame what Jesus did.

dramatik4 said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm:
The only thing i´ll say is that it´s called FAITH what you need to believe.

LeannaRose said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 8:26 pm:
I could not disagree more. please take the time to read through my article, "standing out, what makes me different," and share your opinion. I'd love to hear what you have to say after.

drhorriblylate said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:01 am:
If you don't believe in the bible than why do you believe in the existence of a heaven or Hell ? It is true that God creates us all equal, but we sure don't die equals. And yes God is all merciful, but you have to ask for your forgiveness. It is our actions and beliefs during life that make us who we are and what we will become after death.

chadmiester89 replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 1:27 pm :
yes you are right if you have salvation then you will go to heaven and based on god and you being at the throne in front of him he will judge upon which you will live eternity as.

drhorriblylate said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 12:55 am:
Well if you don't believe in the bible than why do you even believe in heaven or hell ? Seems to me like you're taking what you want from it and leaving the rest, you believe in the bible's explanation of the afterlife but not the reasons for it? God created us equal but we sure don't die equal, we choose who we become and therefore what becomes of us after death.

cooked said...
The Bible has more proof to it's accuracy than the history books we have in our schools. If you think about it, how do you know George Washington even existed, you don't because you have never met him. You think you know he did because of historical references, all in books. Jesus is in the books too. There is no denying that Jesus lived, because he did. When looking at any piece of historical writing I suggest evaluating it by three standards, which when looking at all writings, t... (more »)

coolrj24 said...
Jan. 15, 2010 at 8:31 am:
questioning the bible really? At least give in a chance to explain the religious opionions that we all have even the christians

BillyJoeBobKellyGeorge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
well people don't follow the bible because it's 100% accurate and can be scientifically proven. they follow the bible b/c it has words of knowledge and life lessons. i just wanted to say that point, but yes i agree, that nonchristians deserve a chance to go to heaven. i mean...what if they never even known who God was? like a baby for example. i think that people shouldn't follow the bible word for word because the bible hasn't been modified for today's society and the r... (more »)