If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

dolphin13 said...
There are other historic records about the people in the Bible. How do you know that it isn't true? Do you have any proof against it? God loves everyone of us and wants us to be with him in heaven, but we sin and there is a consequence for sin. Parents punish their children for their wrongdoing, but it doesn't mean that they don't love them. It is out of love that we are punished.

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm :
oh and God sent us a savior so that way we still can be with him in heaven, all we have to do is believe. Really, what do we have to lose?

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:58 am :
With the Christian's theory we are relying on people who lived thousands of years ago. Whether you will admit it or not, the bible is a book, maybe to some a very special book, but a book just the same. It was written by men, human men, and so when you say you trust in God, you are really saying you trust in those men, because they could be telling the truth or they could have just made up those stories. Yes, some of it has been proved, such as the existence of Jesus, but that doesn't prove that... (more »)

big zach 33 said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:55 am:
i think if ur not a cristian and if u do ask for forgivenness you will go to heaven but u have to forgive ur sins

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm :
but by asking for forgiveness than you are acknowledging that there is a God who can take away your sins.

Daphne said...

Unfortunately, humans are sinful by nature. No matter how hard we try, we still do bad things. There is no amount of good that we can do to make up for our sinful nature. The only way to get to heaven is to believe in Jesus Christ, who sacificed himself to redeem us from our sins.

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm :
I agree with you 100%! :) Jesus is the best!

StarryRoss said...
I'm a Catholic and i go to Catholic School and i will definitely be the first to stand up and say anyone who threatens you with going to hell, (whether it be for your actions, or the fact that you're not Christian) is delusional. Any priest that says that is downright delusional, and it brings a bad name to Catholics and Christians because that isn't what our religion teaches at all but there are those few rotten apples that ruin it for everybody. Shame on those who made people think guil... (more »)

shinjite replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:32 pm :
Yes! Jesus is all about mercy! And if you ask Him for mercy, even if you have thousands and thousands of sins I promise He will forgive you! No matter what, Jesus wants to give you mercy so much! His Heart BURNS with mercy! I really doubt that Jesus would turn away anyone, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, whatever, away. He is all mercy and He wants to give others mercy. I think that it is when you separate yourself from all that is God or all that is moral that you go to Hell. But up to your dying mo... (more »)

AriShineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:44 am :

StarryRoss- I think you're great. Thank you for being open minded and combating the stereotypes of your religion. It is admirable.

shinjite- Your comment  kind of ruined it for me. StarryRoss is talking about universal acceptence, and what you are saying is that atheists will be accepted in heaven if they stop being athesists. This defeats the original argument.

Montserrat.Alvarenga said...
Are you kidding me! I love going to church and, at least for me, it is fun. I would suggest that  you try and look around for a church that you like. I know I haven't loved every single church I have been to.  Also in the Bible is says " You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:13 If you go to church one time and just expect a miracle to happen then you are just wasting your time because it takes miracle size faith for miracles to happen. I hope ... (more »)

Liv297 said...
I think just because you're Christian doesn't mean you're headed to heaven, and just because you aren't christian doesn't mean you aren't headed to heaven. Where we end up eternally should not just be based upon our beliefs, but our personalitys and how we treat others

Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:47 am :
Yes Yes Yes! Personally, I don't believe in hell, but if I did, I agree that our beliefs would have nothing to do with it.

Chitra.IThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 1:30 am:

I agree! The Bible is supposed to be something of a art piece, every line is what YOU make of it. We have generalised and prejudiced views of everything. 

Check out my article, it kinda relates to yours. It's called Agnosticism and Morality.

PumpkinscoutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think if you love other people and are kind you will go to heaven even if you aren't Christian. I mean, when it all boils down, most of the major religions in the world all teach love and kindness to other people and animals.  Still this is a tough topic because what if someone does not believe there is heaven? I guess we can't know if there is till we die...

Katie1234 said...

If what Christians believe is NOT real, then no one has anything to worry about. We'll just be bodies in the ground. However, if what Christains believe is true... If I believe is true, you have a lot to worry about. 

We are posed with a choice. Believe in what Christ did for you, or don't. I just pose the question to you that if you died tonight, do you know where you'll be? The Bible is clear. There is only one way in to Heaven Through Jesus. And you are either for... (more »)

andromeda13 replied...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm :
does it ever come to your attention that we DO know what the Bible says and that the fact that it says that doesn't change anything? backing things up with what the Bible says isn't a very strong argument.

A_Fate_UnknownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm :
i know where I'll be. dead and buried in the ground.

Katie1234 replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:28 pm :
It changes everything because it is the word of God. I would rather lean on that than man any day.

MakeItShine said...

The film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott, starring Russell Crowe, has an excellent quote: "What we do in life echoes in eternity." Obviously you believe in heaven, so there's no need for me to tell you that without an afterlife there is no meaning of life.

Moving on, then. You say everyone goes to heaven because God regards us equally. Cool. Can't wait to see Ted Bundy in heaven. You see, if there is a God (as there must be, when we assume there is a heaven), He is a just God ... (more »)