If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

on Feb. 13 2012 at 2:36 pm
LivingforGodsince2003, BRONZE, Cumberland Furnace, Tennessee
God does love everyone, that's why He sent His Son to die for us, but we must accept His gift. If we don't, we are still in our sins, and must be punished for them. I'm praying for you.

Wiley BRONZE said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 4:43 pm
Wiley BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

I'm icey.

I think anyone can go to heaven really, as long as they believe there is a god, and a heaven and a hell. As long as you do the right things. I don't believe any specific god, because really.. how're we supposed to know what to believe? We don't know anything.

crystal said...
on Feb. 8 2012 at 3:02 pm
true i agrre with him and if you want to know if the bible is tru than ask God he wont lie just do it with faith.God dosent want us to go to hell but is our choice i belive in the bible and in the bible it tells su how to dress talk and ect. it tells us the good and bad and if ou do the bad thing than you will go to hell think of these if there is a drunck men do you think he is going to heaven,or a smocker?no he saddly wont bc he is not doing what God want

on Jan. 24 2012 at 9:24 am
peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Agreed. He is like a father who loves his children but still punishes them

on Jan. 24 2012 at 8:07 am
thejesusfreak SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

"ok so your hated... so what? Embrace it! you are who you are and dont forget it."

I'll explain. Yes his love is unconditional.and yes he is our father. But, he is also a judge and a righteous judge will do his job well and according to the rules, even if it's his own children.

on Jan. 12 2012 at 6:57 am
The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Says who? Says you? Says the one who is playing by the rules of Scrabble? Are Scrabble and Monopoly really that different in the end? Sure, they both have different pieces and objectives and even rules, but in the end they're both equally capable of achieving fun and entertainment. Like with religions, they're all different, but in the end, they're all capable of achieving self-actualization, which is what every human hopes to attain, whether through organized religion, internal intuition, empirical reasoning, or just sheer dumb luck. Though Scrabble and Monopoly are two different games, just because some one is playing a different game than you doesn't necessarily mean that they're playing the wrong game. And it doesn't mean that you're playing the wrong game either, it just means that we're playing different games, that's it. We're choosing two different paths to self-actualization, nothing more, nothing less.

Sara K said...
on Jan. 11 2012 at 8:42 pm
but we're not playing monopoly or scrabble. we're playing Life and while you can certainly try to play Life with monopoly rules, you aren't going to win (or even make it out of the gate).

on Jan. 5 2012 at 10:50 am
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

Ah, Dawkins. Yes, a very opinonated man who has evidently not had much time to actually study scholars of textual criticism. To be skeptical of the resultant text of the New Testament books is to allow all of classical antiquity to slip into obscu¬rity, for no documents of the ancient period are as well attested bibliographically as the New Testament." --John Warwick Montgomery. You see, there is less than 1% "error" in the Bible, and all explainable. I urge you to open the Bible, and read it. If you are still in doubt, Google. Research. Form an opinion based on your own study, rather than from the mouth of those who wish to lead others astray. Happy research :)

on Jan. 4 2012 at 10:12 pm
A_Fate_Unknown BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington

Those who make peacefull revolution impossible, Will make violent Revolution inevitable.

No random men thousands of years ago said that we need to aim to be perfect. There is no evidence that god wrote this.

on Jan. 4 2012 at 10:09 pm

Agreed ^ The Christians gods love is conditionally unconditional

on Jan. 4 2012 at 8:57 pm
1000ForYourThoughts BRONZE, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
I see no problem with having faith, but I do have an issue with the bible.This is because, as Dawkins put it, the Bible is a "chaotically cobbled-together anthology of disjointed documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and ‘improved’ by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries." So of course it has contradictions and just plain weird statements.

on Jan. 3 2012 at 9:03 pm
mymakersdaughter BRONZE, Cherry Valley, Illinois

"That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful." - Ninon de L'Enclos

the Lord says that we need to AIM to be perfect, but that doesn't mean that we will be perfect! He knows that we will fail because He is the ONLY one who achieves perfection. but He wants us to try as hard as we can to be as perfect as we can.

on Jan. 3 2012 at 10:24 am

~C.S. Lewis.

On the contrary. It's you who misunderstands the whole of Christianity--and thus, the beauty of the gospel--and thus, the gift of a holy God. God requires us to be perfect to enter Heaven. Heaven = perfection minus sin, pain, suffering. You follow? However, God KNOWS we can never achieve perfection so He gives us ANOTHER WAY to get to Heaven. And this is through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me." Jesus is the SUBSTITUTE for our being perfect. He's perfect, sinless, just. He's God in the flesh. When He died, and took our sins upon Himself on the cross, He imputed His righteousness to us and made us perfect in God's eyes, if we accept His gift. 1 Peter 3:18 says, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh..." It's the fact that we're unjust that Christ died. It's the fact that we can't get into heaven by our own perfection and works that Christ died. It's the fact that God knows His standard is unattainable for us as sinful humans that Christ died.

on Jan. 3 2012 at 10:16 am

~C.S. Lewis.

First of all, God doesn't cause evil. Man fell in the garden, remember? God made everything good; He wasn't responsible for man's perversity of what He made. That being said, God doesn't make us ill--He surely uses all circumstances, good and evil, in His just and sovereign way, but that's about how much interaction God and evil have. Further, where in the Bible does God demand us to be well? On the contrary, He *invites* us to be well. When Jesus came, He pointed out that it is not the healthy (spiritually healthy) who need a physician, but the sick (the sinners). Jesus said, "I came that they may have joy and have it in full." He said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Katie1234 GOLD said...
on Jan. 2 2012 at 10:28 pm
Katie1234 GOLD, Velva, North Dakota

"When life becomes more than you can stand; fall to your knees"
"To be normal is to be boring."
"You cannot make men good by law."
"Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God because He said so."
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."

It changes everything because it is the word of God. I would rather lean on that than man any day.

on Jan. 2 2012 at 9:56 pm

i know where I'll be. dead and buried in the ground.

on Jan. 2 2012 at 9:35 pm

Like how god makes us ill and demands us to be well.

on Jan. 2 2012 at 9:33 pm

Shine you contradict yourself. You say yes, we need to be perfect and that god requires it. Then you say he's not stupid and knows we can never be perfect. Seems pretty cruel and evil to set standards that he knows no man may accomplish. By that logic your god is twisted and enjoys watching our pain and frustration trying to achieve something he knows we can't.

on Dec. 29 2011 at 9:40 am

~C.S. Lewis.

Contradictions like what, BlueRain?

on Dec. 29 2011 at 9:35 am

~C.S. Lewis.

Yes. Matthew 5:48 says, "Be ye perfect, for I am perfect." That's the standard; that's what Heaven is!!! An escape from the woes, and sufferings, and pain--all caused by SIN--of this world. God, being a holy and just God, requires perfection. But He's not stupid. No, He knows we can never achieve perfection. So He sent his Son. 1 Peter 2:24 tells us, "And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness, for by His wounds you are healed." Christ's righteousness is imputed to us, and following Him is the standard for Heaven. But, don't be dismayed. For Christ's yoke is, "easy, and My burden is light." Then, and only then, will "YOU FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS." (Mt 11:29)

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!