If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:08 pm:
wo sounds like all of you are listening ot your pastors.I do NOT beleive that anyone goes to heaven when they die.i mean can anyone show me evidence of this. or is this your pastor saying this with no citing of scripture. i do belive the Bible from front to back. and i do belive that only those who guard and keep his commands and accpet Yashua/J-sus as messiah they will be saved. when we die we stay there until the new jerusalem is built then we go there:)

LiraDaeris replied...
Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:15 pm :
like suspended animation... I can't remember what the term is for it but C.S.Lewis or J.R.Tolkein thought the same way (can't remember which one.)

infinity12 replied...
Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:11 am :
I agree. Not everyone gets into heaven simply because you accept god and because he loves you. There's so much more to be accepted into heaven than that. You must follow God's word and laws and your heart must be pure and good for him. But ultimately only god knows who will be accepted into heaven.

Caped Crusador replied...
Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:24 am :
infinity: The purpose of Jesus dying on the cross is to save us from our sins. We can not obey God's law perfectly because we are not perfect. Jesus saved us from impeding doom by dying on the cross.   Yes, when we ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins, we must repent of our old life style. But this, by itself, will never get us to heaven. Only by the mercy and grace of God.

kmeep said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:06 am:
God did create us equally, and he doesn't want us to go to hell. God made humans perfect, but we blew it. 

Bug-a-Boo13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm :
Correct, but the Lord knew that we would fall.  He purposefully made it that way.  If man had not fallen into sin, we would not have the choice of evil or good.  We would be walking around like robots saying "I love God.  I love God.  I love God."  We would not have known of anything else to worship.  However, God purposefully gave all of us a choice.  That's the beautiful thing, though.  Those who have chosen His path can help others, w... (more »)

monochromatic replied...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:26 pm :
technically, we always had the choice between good and evil. Adam and Eve - choose to obey (good) or disobey and eat the fruit(evil).

Artgirl1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm:
Actually, God wrote the Bible through people.

GuitarGirl said...
 In the beginning of the world there was no sin or death.  After sin entered the world with Adam and Eve (and Satan's fall from heaven), God punished the world by creating death.  However, Jesus died for the sins of the world.  Romans 6:23 says:  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Anyone who doesn't accept the gift of salvation will go to hell for all eternity.  Plus the Bible... (more »)

fredo said...
People mix up the religion aspect of being a christian with the personal relationship part. There are many religious people in this world. many "christians" but they dont have a personal relationship with God. The moment you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and do all you can to live for him, you will go to heaven. But you must have that relationship with him. Yes he made us all, and loves us all. But if we dont follow his commands and live for him then we will not go to heaven.

Cat-GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Ally_Yang, the Bible has been proved to hold truth in it. If you doubt it because it was written by people you don't know, I can assure you the authors were students, teachers, and priests. Also, God does create us equally. But when we purposely do wrong, it tarnishes our equality which is why we can't get to heaven on our own. That's why Jesus came into the world and sacrificed His life and spirit for us. True, He was raised back, but now we can simply ask for forigveness from God... (more »)

drewnowater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I could go on and tell you what I believe and tell you what I think happens after death. But the truth is, no one knows. No living person could tell you with 100% proof and accuracy what happens after people die. This is the reason religion exists. It is faith that we put our trust. We believe in things that are not proven facts so that we can put meaning behind our lives and define our purpose. I believe that all people are children of God. God loves everyone, whether or not they love Him back.... (more »)

Catherineslove replied...
Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm :
Hi .. i just wanted to say there have been many people who have died and come back.  there is mostly two sides to what happened to them.. Some said they went to this beautiful place.. and some said they went to a horrible place.  not many has ever said anything but the two.  You can look it up for your selves.. Look up people who have died and come back.. there are people who haved died for almost two hours and have come back completely different people because of what they had ex... (more »)

NerdyAuthorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I was simply stating what the Christian religion says. That was quite a sarcastic reply there. I understand that you have very strong views on this, but that was quite a derogatory and intense criticism on a comment that had neutral views.

If you haven't found that in the Bible, it isn't true. ^^; The Bible is the only source of truth, and while the Bible has been translated to a lot of different languages, its content hasn't changed from the first day it was written. That, actually, was SCIENTIFICALLY proved. Google the Dead Sea Scrolls. They were these scrolls found in pots by the Dead Sea, one of the near-original copies of the Biblical book of Isaiah and a lot of other Old Testament books. The copies were translate... (more »)

reason replied...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm :
You really need to learn how your Bible was written. It wasnt all written at the same time and it has changed over time....I mean how do you explain the differing versions?

Vitros replied...
Dec. 16, 2012 at 5:38 pm :
As a nascent scientist, I am somewhat troubled by your juxtaposition of "Science" and "Bible."  Assuming that you are correct in stating that some historian has proven that the literary content of the Bible has not changed, that does not merit a status of "ABSOLUTELY CORRECT" for the entire work.  Too, science dictates that few things are absolutely true, if any.  We call these things laws and usually can depict them in nice little formulae.  The... (more »)

LILMISSCANARY said...
If you don't believe in the Bible, how do you know who your god is? The Bible is true, and God gives you the option to accept the gift he is offering to you by not forcing you to be with Him in Heaven. 

AriShineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:48 am:
Jews don't believe in hell. I am a Jew. Why in the world would I go to hell if I don't believe it exists?

Craig replied...
Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:17 pm :
That doesn't even makes sense. I don't beleive in death, so why should I die? :?  It just doesn't work that way ari...

AriShineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:36 pm :
In all honesty, that's not a very fair rebuttal. People do die; it happens every day. The matter of going to h.ell or not is different because we have no way of knowing for sure until we die. At this point, we are getting into who is right and who is wrong, and we could go on all day arguing and never come to a conclusion. The fact is, if I am right, and h.ell does not exist, I will not go there. If YOU are right, and it DOES exist, I may or may not go there, depending on your interpretation... (more »)