Not Just Because, Just Believe

She looked down at the limp teddy bear in her hands. The sweet toy stared up at her with black button eyes and an unfading smile. A patch marked the bears chest, over it’s “heart”, where it had been worn through by five years of constant love. The right ear was permanently deformed from five years of being gripped tightly by a tiny toddler hand as it was dragged from place to place, never once being laid to rest in a corner as the other stuffed animals.
The distant sound of a child’s scream shattered her heart, bringing her world to a stand still as she allowed herself to be overtaken by her grief. Her baby was gone from her. All she had left of him was the tattered teddy bear, such a small reminder of such a precious life, taken away too early. Five sweet and tender years, the lifeless bear in her hands held every moment in its blank button eye stare. Short and sweet. His life was surly that. The young mother found herself struggling with not knowing the answer to her question of why?

Though asked by every person in the world at some point or another, it has never received an answer that has put the familiar question to rest. Though many will say “because…“, not every one will agree, or understand the because. It is an impossible question to understand the answer to, yet a simple one to answer. If you can believe. Believe. The power to wash away grief, to smile again, to hope again, to dance again. To live again.
There is a world. We know this is true. Why? Because, we can see it and feel it. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end. There is no way to deny this. Why? Because we can see as a new life comes into this world, we can watch as this life grows, and later, we can watch as this life ends. There is pain in this world. This everyone knows. Why? Because everyone has felt it in some way or another. See plus feel equals believe.
We tend to be a stubborn people. where we cannot believe something unless we can see it or feel it, because then it is not impossible to us anymore. Because by feeling it and seeing it, we have proved it. As simple as that. Where is faith? Faith, is the substance of thing hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.
We question. We wonder. And yet, the answers are always so simple. We only complicate them with our questions. Can’t we just let it be simple and just…believe?
God. How can He be real? We can not see Him, cannot feel Him. But the world, that we know is real, (because), we can see it, and the pain, the love, and the joy, of this life we can feel. Where does it come from? There is an answer for this question. Will you believe it? Probably not. Why? Because, you cannot see it, you cannot feel it. Or, maybe it is only because you have not chosen to see it, have not chosen to feel it. Simply, ignored it. Have not believed. Did not have faith. Both unseen. But both are felt.
The Mona Lisa. How do we know that it was painted by a man named Leonardo de Vinci. Or that, it even had a painter? Couldn’t it have just become, just as, (some of have said), the world just became? Perhaps. But that is a very difficult thing to believe, now, isn’t it? And, if I said that this was what I believed, then you would probably laugh, roll your eyes, and probably never finish this. But don’t worry, because I don’t believe that. I believe, that the Mona Lisa had a painter, just as the world has a creator. How do we know that the Mona Lisa had a painter, and that it was Leonardo de Vinci? Because, we can read this all over, on the internet, in history books, some art books…ect. How do we know that the world was created, and that it was created by God? The same way that we know the Mona Lisa was painted, and indeed was painted by Leonardo de Vinci.
How can we really deny it? Even if you are blind. You can still feel it. In your heart when you love, laugh, cry. On your face when the wind blows. With your hands as you feel a loved one’s face. So really, and truly, in the end, it is impossible to deny, (though I know you will), God. Why? I ask now. Won’t you believe, have faith, accept, what is so easy. It’s going to be impossible to see the forest through the trees if you choose to make it so. Just stop. Don’t make it complicated. Don’t question. Breath. Listen. See. Believe…simply, fall into the arms of faith.
Why? God. Is there a better answer? There is an artist behind every single masterpiece. There is a writer behind every story, poem, song, ect. And, there is also, just as sure as there is a writer or artist for ever work of art, there is a God for the wonderful masterpiece called sunset, mountain, sky, sun, smile, eyes, meadow, stream, lake, snow, world. Why? Can’t you believe? Is it so impossible? So hard? To much to ask?
My simple answer for the complicated why?, is, faith, believe, God. What is your answer? Is it for reason, or just because?

Rena_RoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:23 am:
This is a beautifully written article. I am a Christian who has very recently been re-enlightened. My only advice is to pray for those who don't believe. However, it does say in the bible that if they refuse to listen and believe, you are to just let them be. You can't force anyone to do anything. Keep writing. :)

daphdaph22 said...
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Evidence of our creator surrounds us. I pray that more people would see it. This article is beautiful, great work!

Sunshine15 said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 11:32 am:
Besides being an incredible article, thanks so much for writing it!! It's really helping me believe again...

Shells said...
Okay, humans...does it make a difference?...you still haven't showed me anything yet...

Lilliterra said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 12:02 am:
And yet at some point or another it DID have to just come, or there wouldn't be any space, time, or matter. Where do you think those came from?

Lilliterra replied...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 12:06 am :
That was supposed to be a reply to somebody further down! But I do really like this article. Please read my article called "Faith", on a similar subject, also another one called, "What Darwin Didn't Know".

andromeda13 said...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:11 am:
wonderfuly written artcile although i don't fully agree with it. i am glad you stand so firmly beside your faith! 

Shells said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm:

yeah, and can you point me to where the half monkeys half humans are? I'd love to see one!

It is not that I lack the knowledge, how could that be when that's almost all people believe these days...they are the ones that lack the knowledge that God exists, and there's no such thing as evolution, and no way to prove it...so why must I try to prove it to you? I wrote this because I love to write, and I love to show God's greatness through my writing, and show my love for Him... (more »)

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:13 am :
Not half monkeys half humans. we started out as monkeys, our environment changed so we needed to. simple as that. and it didn't happen overnight, we changed over thousands of years, evolution is still happeneing today

FroBro said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:19 am:
Natural selection. Evolution. It didn't just "come". That is a very common misconception and you show your lack of knolledge of the opposing position by saying that.

writingcheetah7 said...
May 9, 2011 at 2:50 pm:

beautiful piece of writing!! i have definitely had some trying times as well with religion--I am a firm believer in God, but some of my best friends are athiest. I love them, but they can be hurtful with their scorning of what I believe in. Thank you for writing this great piece! it gave my own faith a boost:)

P.S. I also wanted to say that I strongly agree that there is a Creator of this world. All the time in science, which people seem to love to compare against faith, we're taught: ... (more »)

Shells replied...
May 10, 2011 at 11:25 pm :
WOW!  Thank you so much!  Really appreciate the comment!

blues_are.still_blue said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 12:36 pm:
People say that the Mona Lisa was painted by a painter because we have PROOF that paintings aren't created from nothing. That work must be applied in a specific manner by a HUMAN BRAIN to achieve paintings. HOWEVER, we have NO proof to suggest that the universe requires a supernatural force. Does that answer your question?

someday replied...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm :

yeah, the universe doesn't have a creator, ok...it all just became...yeah, that sounds good, that way I don't have to believe in a God that will control my life. Besides, it’s kind of childish to believe in, don’t you think? How ridiculous to believe in something so fairytale like, so impossible….wait…kind of like thinking that the world, the universe, just became…

I’d say, it’s more believable that the universe was created, and not just bec... (more »)

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:05 am :
okay it didn't just become, the earth didn't need to have a creator, plants weren't just there if you believe in evolution or the big bang theory than u would know that things started as single celled organisms and evolved over millions perhaps billions of years. they didn't just became, and asking a stupid question like "well where did the sinlge celled organisms come from?" is like me asking a Christian where od came from. and if other planets could form without God then why not ours???

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:06 am :
lol sorry not od God

Ironwoman said...
For the life of me I don't understnad how someone couldn't believe in a higher power how can it be twisted through out centureis in stories and  culteres and not have some meaniful fact to it.  God is there. See him if you choose, deny him through stupidity and those who believe will keep praying for you! :) Oh and for some peoples information God is capitalized!

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:10 am :
please don't call other peoples beliefs stupid. you wouldn't like it if i said that to you. please take intio account that there are other people with other beliefs that deserve the same respect you would treat someone who was your religion.

zinder1995 said...
Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:17 pm:
This was a great article and so true! If you choose to feel God you can feel Him. And if you choose to see Him you can see Him. It's all up to me to make the choice. I'm a Christian and i've been through some extremely difficult things in my life, but I never once blamed God because He has a reason for everything and I grew from those experiences so much more than the easier times in my life. There's no doubt in my mind that God exists, that He made the universe, and ... (more »)

Brittany K. said...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 6:36 pm:
Great article!!!! It's comforting to know that there are still some people who know the truth and aren't afraid to tell the world. Ignore all the negative comments and know that God will reward you for your faith in Him. Continue to spread his truth and again great work!!