What Adults Don't Understand

By , Bon Aqua, TN
My mom was reading one of the poems of this magazine the other day, and she did something that really irked me. She was reading a poem from the February issue, Nothing Like. When she was finnished reading, she let out a 'humph', like she didn't actually belive that "kids" like us could know what love is yet. Like love is only for responsible adults. Well let me say something right here and right now: By the time you are thirteen, you have probably been in love. There I said it. Now people can argue about it.

Grownup said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 9:13 am:
You children don't know what love is. Your all too busy wrapped up in your hipp hop fasion crazes.

yaythisisavailableThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 8:09 pm :
I'm fifteen and I'm in love with this guy, you really don't have a place to say that teenagers can't be in love. We have just the same amount of emotion as you people, maybe we seem too immature to love. Just because we don't meet at a bar or in church does not mean the person we are with doesn't love us. Most of the time teenage love doesn't last because we are scared. Adults are just stupid.

happyboat said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:21 am:
some know for sure. I did. 

JzOmBiE said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm:
i personally belive,(in my own opinion of course) that maybe adults just dont see how we could know what it is yet. some adults tho however know what its like to be a kid and be in love, but thats because their old fashioned and dont understand, but noone should underestimate a teen and their emotions C:

ThisBreRulezYouSonnn said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 7:17 am:
Adults should lay off about whether teens know "love" or not. We all have different ideas of love--love's not the same for every couple. And most teens DO know, it's just that the teens who say "I'm sooooooo in love with him/her" the second after they get into a relationship give all teens a bad rap.

misswindsor said...
May 22, 2011 at 10:18 am:
OMG, here we go again with the whole, can teenager really know what love is argument. Wanna know what I think? I think that this is just one of the many topics where you will have people that agree or disagree with you. The answer to this topic is very easy. Me, I would say that we do know what luv is, but thats just me. Other people might not agree. I think everyone has a different answer to this question. Some people think no and others think yes. It depends on how you were raise. If your pare... (more »)

HaleyDRog. said...
I disagree. Kids in Middle and High School don't know what true love is. They are too immature to know what it means.

NeicyAmor replied...
Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:36 pm :
i understand what you are saying but not everyone in middle school and highschool is immature because of the simple fact that we are all different and mature at different rates & times. & i noticed you said they dont know what true love is , i personally think that everyone has there own definition for true love .

HaleyDRog. replied...
May 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm :
Yeah, you're right about that. I was just stating my opinion.

Monalicious said...
i agree 100% with this author...i understand what you mean and i agree with you cuz i have been in luv b4 and im only 4teen

NinaQThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dont blame your parents, blame all those stupid teens who overuse the word love like they know it all and they make us look bad 

ShadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:52 pm :
Totally agree NinaQ.

KC <3's JS replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:58 pm :
Well what if we don't use I love you enough? We'll regret it, well wish we said it one more time to that one person, well never forgive ourselves... What is wrong with saying I Love You, there are so many different meanings like there's saying it to a friend and then there's saying it to a guy you're truly in love with... What is wrong with, "I Love You"?

owl-girl replied...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:22 pm :
I think NinaQ was more refering to those teens who are with someone new each time you turn around, and are all like "OMG I LOOOOOVE 'EM SO MUCH" about everybody. And I agree with that.

ashley1012 said...
Apr. 22, 2011 at 8:40 am:
i think that this article is soo true you really dont know when you fall in love i am 14 and i dont know what true love is or means i mean i flirt with boys and they flirt with me but i dont say i love you so yeah

OliviaOblivious* said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 8:01 am:
no i have to totally disagree. i dont know any teen by the age of thirteen who has been in love. it might have been a crush, lust or infacuation, but never love. thirteen is way too young anyways. were still maturing at that age and even at my age i am right now. i ddnt get a bf til i was 15. i can honestly say i was not in love with him. i did love him and i still do, which is way different than being in love, although i have never been in love, im sure i will know when i am, but dont put ... (more »)

Suzana J. said...
Absolutly true!!

countrygirl98 said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm:
I believe love has no age, & no limits <3

SweetandSour101 said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 6:05 pm:
OMG!! i totally agree with this. ;)

TeaCat said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 7:11 pm:

I have never been in love.

Hard to believe, but 100% true.

Even so, I believe that  no matter how young you are, you can fall in love. 

Adults say that teens confuse love with lust, but really, I think it's the other way around.

AshyBaby said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 9:58 pm:
We do love. Adults may not believe it because we fall hard, and we fall fast and we don't really know how to understand the way we feel some of the time. And we don't always know how to maintain a relationship well. When we get hurt they may say its because we are "over emotional teenagers" but its because we loved and lost. And don't people say that it's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all? <3