What Adults Don't Understand

By , Bon Aqua, TN
My mom was reading one of the poems of this magazine the other day, and she did something that really irked me. She was reading a poem from the February issue, Nothing Like. When she was finnished reading, she let out a 'humph', like she didn't actually belive that "kids" like us could know what love is yet. Like love is only for responsible adults. Well let me say something right here and right now: By the time you are thirteen, you have probably been in love. There I said it. Now people can argue about it.

beoptimistic said...
today at 8:56 pm:
this is perfect. preach it

hayliebeanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 17 at 10:45 am:
I think that everyone is different.  Some people have a hard time loving or feeling love, while others may love too easily.  So, no I don't think that everyone who is thirteen has been in love, but some probably have.  I am one of those people who tends to love too easily.

xo_zozo said...
Apr. 30 at 8:35 pm:
While I agree with this for the most part, I also think that it's not entirely true.   
It is totally unfair for someone (adult or otherwise) to tell anyone else (any age) that they've never been in love, and/or are too young to have been in love, it is true that as you get older, being in love means something different.   
WHile it is entirely possible, and even probable that almost everyone has been in love by the time they are thirteen, being in love wh... (more »)

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30 at 10:39 am:
I agree with you.

lizzi_420 said...
Mar. 19 at 5:43 pm:
you are so right

CRAZYxBUNNI said...
Jan. 28 at 10:12 am:
I agree with you.

CRAZYxBUNNI said...
Jan. 28 at 10:09 am:
The thing is all adult were our age once and fell in love at a young age. So I personally think that they shouldn't yap at us about it. I believe that the mass majoity of today's youth is not going to end up like Romeo and Juliet.

Marcie said...
Jan. 24 at 1:28 am:
The ability to love does not have an age:) its true that teenagers arent usually in love but it can happne!

bennyB said...
I think adults think the way they do is becasue they are kind of right. I mean teens are one day with a person and next week with an other, so i think that they could be right, partially

INHAILED replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:29 pm :
I agree. I'm not saying there isn't teen love, but I believe most teen/high school relationships don't share mutual love. eyes-on-fire made a good point as well.

eyes-on-fire said...

I believe that teenagers do fall in love... we just have more trouble identifying love as compared to lust, and thus adults think we are dumb kids who don't know what love is.

Dumbledore said "Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth", and he's awesome. And old.

yaythisisavailableThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 8:07 pm :
you're my new role model :)

UnwantedNinja replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:26 am :
Sweet qoute lol !!!

owl-girl replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:28 am :
Thanks! check out my work?

UnwantedNinja replied...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 9:48 am :
will do :)

andromeda13 said...
i only have to say one thing: what idiots think that there is  an age limit on an emotion? that's like saying teens can't get depressed or stressed out or happy. 

Grownup said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 9:13 am:
You children don't know what love is. Your all too busy wrapped up in your hipp hop fasion crazes.

tAK3N,BY DA BESt replied...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm :

HERE WEEEEEEE GO TO YOUNG ;''',./.,/.,THATS I LIE.......AND IM PASS FROM THINKNN IM N LOVE I KNOWWW IAM,I WAS N LOVE WEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD.....IAM 15 NOW AND IAM STILL WITH DA SAME PERSON N HAPPY N LOVE

Dec. 28, 2011 at 8:09 pm :
I'm fifteen and I'm in love with this guy, you really don't have a place to say that teenagers can't be in love. We have just the same amount of emotion as you people, maybe we seem too immature to love. Just because we don't meet at a bar or in church does not mean the person we are with doesn't love us. Most of the time teenage love doesn't last because we are scared. Adults are just stupid.

happyboat said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:21 am:
some know for sure. I did.