Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

September 20, 2009
By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me


I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1003 comments.


on Mar. 9 2012 at 12:31 pm
SecrecyGirl17 GOLD, La Monte, Missouri
13 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is a storm, so bring your umbrella."

agreed! that's why pulling the religiou card is so hipocritical, it contridicts itself on its on.. on one page it says not to judge and to love everyone and how god forgives but then late it says this and that about homosexual.. its just confusing and not right

on Mar. 9 2012 at 12:28 pm
SecrecyGirl17 GOLD, La Monte, Missouri
13 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is a storm, so bring your umbrella."

i also don't care who people choose to date or marry it is their life, who am i to judge. i also know how you feel about the religion thing, i' have grown up having to go to church but the past couple years i have been questioning things and forming my own oppinions, i wouldn't go as far as to say i'm athiest but i thing religious people tend to be the most hipocritical and judgemental

on Mar. 3 2012 at 4:48 pm
ashlyn939 PLATINUM, Lynchburg, Virginia
34 articles 14 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love means holding on to someone just as hard as you can because if you don't, one blink and they might disappear... forever." -Ellen Hopkins, Impulse

this is so true

akitos BRONZE said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 11:51 am
akitos BRONZE, Romulus, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
the heart is a treacherous thing it can be easily broken

heck what i say is that if u've lovesd some one and u know them for some time u should go out with them. doesnt matter what background u are

on Mar. 2 2012 at 9:28 pm
parkour.VaTech BRONZE, Blacksburg, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live life on the edge, because if you don't you're taking up to much space."

I really don't give if people are LGBT. I'm straight but I am also atheist because of how hateful religon is. I don't care who people want to love as long as they are good people.

Priscilla33 said...
on Mar. 2 2012 at 4:02 pm
Priscilla33, Garland, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
-William W. Purkey-

I am bisexsual as well and i so agree with you! my girl friend get scared sometimes that someone else might harm us because we are who we are but i think its time we stand up for ourselfs.... Goverment and politics and judgemental people can BACK OFF!!!!

ItzJustMi GOLD said...
on Feb. 29 2012 at 1:47 pm
ItzJustMi GOLD, Rockwell, North Carolina
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a game you have to be willing to play in order to win."

I agree with every word you said. I am also Bisexual and I feel that everyone is unique in their own way,a nd its not fair that we can't even go to school and not be critize because of our sexual oriintation. I agree what if someone's friend was gay or bisexual and you find out and you stoped being their friend. That would be childish and down right degrading.

on Feb. 25 2012 at 8:43 am
Midnight_Hum SILVER, Hearne, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000004443 StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000004427

@Sacrifice. It is important to understand that the problem here is not se.xuality, or how fluid it is, but rather human nature, and how morality is. After reading your reply, I will assume that you believe in God. I will also assume that you believe in a set moral code (though it is arguably different than mine). In your example, you said, “For instance, I can claim I'm stra.ight, and only ever engage in se.xual activities with men, but still find women attractive. Even if I never desire a relationship with a person of the same se.x, many would still argue that I am on some level bi-se.xual, or perhaps "bi-curious".” The problem here is not the se.xuality that you identify with but rather, your character as a human being. We all have the choice to be straight or g.ay, just as much as we have the choice to do right or wrong, and saying that se.xuality is fluid is an excuse for who we really are as humans. And really, your vague example can apply to just about anything. Like, “For instance, I can claim I'm a Chr.istian, and only ever engage in Chri.stian activities, but sometimes doubt my faith. Even if I never desire to believe that there isn't a God, many would still argue that I am on some level athe.istic, or perhaps “semi-ag.nostic”. Does this mean spirituality is fluid? Or rather, does it simply show that I am human, and that I am not perfect and that I do not know anything. It comes down not to “why you believe what you believe” but rather “what you want to believe”.

As for your other example, let's set it up as a logic problem and assume your logic is correct. You could say, “If being ga.y makes me happy and God is happy when I am happy, then being ga.y makes God happy (and is therefore good, I think we both would agree that there is nothing wrong with a 'happy' God). So this problem is a mixture of an “And” and “If then” statement, and the logic appears to be good. Like I said, I believe that making God happy is good. Nothing wrong with that. Our difference lies with what makes God happy. However, your logic (unless you have some very twisted beliefs) is VERY faulty. Let me show you an example, “If kil.ling and ra.ping people makes me happy and God is happy when I am happy, then me kil.ling and ra.ping people makes God happy.” Same logic, same answer. So if you really believe what you said before (If being g.ay...God happy) then by your own logic you have to believe that WHATEVER makes you (or anyone) happy makes God happy. And that, my friend, is faulty reasoning.

It all goes back to humans being inherently bad. That we, ourselves can never ultimately make God happy. Because He is perfect and we are much, much less than perfect. Now, if you don't believe in a God then it is a different story. But, after reading your response, I am assuming that you do.

And...I'm not even going to bother to go in depth on your statement that “ho.mose.xuality has been observed in 1500 species”. This is complete absurdism. Male to male dominance in another species is not attraction to the same s.ex. And it is going to take more definitive proof then cases of two male penguins 'living' together or two male octopuses mating to say that something ridiculous like, “Obviously gorilla se.xuality is fluid because we observed two males living with each other.” You cannot equate a lifestyle to an animal any more than you can say that animals are mur.derers, adu.lterers, liers, thieves, procrastinators, or anything else. Animals, unlike humans, do not have the mental capacity, spiritual compass, or moral awareness to make such decisions. Animals are animals and humans are human. This also brings to mind nonsensical questions such as, “If a penguin is g.ay, and being ga.y makes him happy then is God happy?” Absurd.


on Feb. 23 2012 at 8:06 am
ashlyn939 PLATINUM, Lynchburg, Virginia
34 articles 14 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love means holding on to someone just as hard as you can because if you don't, one blink and they might disappear... forever." -Ellen Hopkins, Impulse

just because someone is gay/bi/lesbian doesnt mean you cant be friends with them. people think its a choice and you can be cured but you cant. It is not a disease. We should be able to marry/love who we want when we want wherever we are. So many people attempt/commit suicide because of the hateful words like faggot that are said towards them. God wants us to live peacefully... why not accept people the way they are and not who they like they are more than just LGBT they have feelings they are humans, they hurt, they ry, they are just like you! 

on Feb. 14 2012 at 8:28 am
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
0 articles 0 photos 144 comments
Oh my gosh, i am so sorry people do that to you. I am religious, but I would never hurt someone like that. Hope it gets better!

on Feb. 14 2012 at 8:25 am
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
0 articles 0 photos 144 comments
i support gay/lesbian/bisexual relationships! I personally am straight, but I have a really good friend that is bi and I love her! I am also a Catholic, and I know a lot of Catholics that think Homosexuality is against the bible. I disagree. I think that the bible is just an outline. If everyone followed everything in the bible, life would get really boring, wouldn't it? I think it is perfectly fine to love whoever you love. You can't help it.

Relondo BRONZE said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 7:28 pm
Relondo BRONZE, None, Virginia
3 articles 0 photos 12 comments
I have to disagree with this argument. And yes, there are people that I was friends with but am not now because they are gay. Also, there is a place in the bible BEFORE Mosaic law that is against homosexuality. (I'm a Christian).

on Feb. 9 2012 at 2:06 pm
Sacrifice SILVER, Fostoria, Iowa
6 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One life is all we have to live, and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without beleif, that is a fate worse than death" ~Joan of Arc

Midnight_Hum, I question your implication about homosexuality being against nature's course. Or God's for that matter, but I wont get into that yet. Did you know that homo/bisexual behavior has been observed and documented in about 1500 species? If that isn't nature, what is? And also, sexuality IS fluid. For instance, I can claim I'm straight, and only ever engage in sexual activities with men, but still find women attractive. Even if I never desire a relationship with a person of the same sex, many would still argue that I am on some level bi-sexual, or perhaps "bi-curious". Now on to God. God created people to please him by being happy. If you were homosexual, what would make you happy? To be with the woman/man you loved. How can you stand there and tell me your God wouldn't want that? Because mine certainly would.

on Feb. 1 2012 at 2:16 pm
BaileyBearXD SILVER, Springfield, Illinois
5 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What we want may not always be good for us in this world"Elenor Roosevelt

Thank you so much I just want people to understand

ELYNH said...
on Jan. 18 2012 at 1:17 pm
THANK YOU!!! People think we are brainwashed snobs. etc. NO!! People have one mind set. If you are a christian than you are stuck up, yadd yadda! But no we arent i am a christian and i believe in God, and the Bible, and Jesus, and whaty people dont get is that we are not strick, uptight people. grrr!!!! people sometimes!!!

on Jan. 18 2012 at 11:46 am
BreatheKatieBreathe95 BRONZE, Beckville, Texas
2 articles 8 photos 2 comments
Same here!

on Jan. 18 2012 at 11:45 am
BreatheKatieBreathe95 BRONZE, Beckville, Texas
2 articles 8 photos 2 comments
Isn't judging someone a sin? I think so.

on Jan. 18 2012 at 8:48 am
chloena_garrett GOLD, Colorado City, Texas
19 articles 13 photos 180 comments

Favorite Quote:
At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A poem is never finished, only abandoned.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

I agree. People like us get judged by society, and most of the people out there have real problems. I love the way I am. You are a very inspirational person. :) Thank you for posting this article.

on Jan. 18 2012 at 8:48 am
chloena_garrett GOLD, Colorado City, Texas
19 articles 13 photos 180 comments

Favorite Quote:
At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A poem is never finished, only abandoned.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

I didnt mean to reply to the above comment. tht person is stupid. I meant to reply to the below comment, which I will now do.

on Jan. 18 2012 at 8:45 am
chloena_garrett GOLD, Colorado City, Texas
19 articles 13 photos 180 comments

Favorite Quote:
At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A poem is never finished, only abandoned.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

I agree. People like us get judged by society, and most of the people out there have real problems. I love the way I am. You are a very inspirational person. :) Thank you for posting this article.