Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Dec. 26 2009 at 8:34 pm
SerenityMine BRONZE, Not Saying, California
VirginiaSoul, I think it's really cool that you wrote it about the brunette with brown eyes even though she's not you (she's me!) :D But I'm not complaining. Actually at my school it's not the blonde cheerleaders all the guys like... it's weird. And I think we only have two blonde cheerleaders. Lol. :)

mcw_816 SILVER said...
on Dec. 26 2009 at 12:29 pm
mcw_816 SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
great point. i was just thinking about this yesterday. i feel like the shallower guys are also the guys usually bold enough to ask girls out, especially the ones on the younger side.

on Dec. 25 2009 at 10:08 pm
falling-rain GOLD, Layton, Utah

Getr done!
larry the cable guy

i absolutley agree with you! that is something that i plan on living by . (the whole love will find you thing.)

on Dec. 25 2009 at 10:04 pm
falling-rain GOLD, Layton, Utah

Getr done!
larry the cable guy

i agree that you have no intention on hurting any ones feelings. thoug i will agree that the girls are the same way. any way i absolutely love your stuff keep it up. it speaks the truth. also, don't get offended by others comments, the only thing that matters are YOUR thoughts. smile :)

on Dec. 23 2009 at 3:05 pm
ScarletLux SILVER, East Brunswick, New Jersey

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

I can equally make a rant about girls but to be honest I agree with you. Many of my fellow men are shallow, but I guarantee you, unless you live in an area with a population of 500 there is a boy that doesn't just go for the cheerleader. All people need to do is realize that he won't be "A material", he won't be on the Football team of some really hot looking guy. Both sides of the argument, in my experiance, are hypocrites.

905xoxo said...
on Dec. 20 2009 at 6:42 pm
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you are a blonde doesn't mean every boy will be memorized by you're beauty. Some boys like girls with dyed hair and percings and others like plain girls with a natural look. We should trying being our selves.

VirginiaSoul said...
on Dec. 19 2009 at 12:49 am
Well, there is one girl somewhere out there who will love you for you. :)

AndersN GOLD said...
on Dec. 19 2009 at 12:24 am
AndersN GOLD, Park City, Utah

"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelo

She was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me...and she didn't care...I'm trying to make them think that I don't care for her anymore, but...I honestly do, and I never will stop...

VirginiaSoul said...
on Dec. 18 2009 at 1:57 pm
Aw! That's actually really sweet! I hope my article didn't affend you. :)

And if that girl doesn't like you then she doesn't know what she's missing cause you seem like a great guy!

AndersN GOLD said...
on Dec. 18 2009 at 10:38 am
AndersN GOLD, Park City, Utah

I am a boy, and I'm different than all the other boys on this entire earth. I feel sympathy for you and your friend. I am 13, and I'm completely in love with this girl that's too embarrassed to admit she loves me too. She is a brunette, and I think she's the most beautiful thing to walk the earth. I've published several pieces on teen ink with her in mind. She doesn't love me, though. I am blonde with blue eyes, but I don't want to be. Let's say I...get a lot of girl attention. Hey, I'm trying to be humble here. I have girls flirting with me all the time, but I HATE it. It's really scary sometimes. Sometimes my female teachers and gays flirt with me. It makes me really uncomfortable, and I only want to be with my love for eternity. That's all I ask.

VirginiaSoul said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 7:21 pm
(I wrote this artical) Okay, this was for my friend, I'm NOT a brunette with brown eyes. I am blonde with blue eyes. I'm the other girl in the article (the blonde one). The brunette girl was just a fictional (yet quite real) character. Just letting you know.

Thanks for your opinion though. :)

I'm not trying to be mean, I promise! :)

on Dec. 14 2009 at 11:20 pm
not all guys are like this, you have your head stuck in the gutter. You're just not seeing other parts. Girls can be the same way as well. They never go for the geeky guys, but they always want the hot shots. This is just our problem, we only accept the love we think we deserve.

PnO4EvA said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 9:30 pm
girl...how old are i by the way??...anyways...what i have learned frm love is that when ur tired of looking for love...just stop looking for it...in a little time of waiting..love will come find u..even if he aint ur rite one...he will be the rite one for that moment... hell be worth being in ur life at that time...lol...but yea...stop trying to find love...itll come looking for u soon enough

Smiles2Go said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 7:18 pm
Where I am all the boys always go for the fake and popular girls. Why? I have brown hair and green eyes and nobody pays attention to me. Even if a guy I really like, likes me it's only for a little bit. I don't understand why boys these days can't be kind and polite and just see girls for who they really are. Instead of someone that's fake who isn't really that serious in a relationship. I'm tired of being lonly, I just want a good guy all round. I guess I'll just have to wait until the right one walks into my life. :)

/Chelby said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 4:30 pm
/Chelby, Yatahey, New Mexico

Can a heart still break if its already stopped beating..?

this is so true.

I agree with this. but im with a guy i love deeply, even tho im not popular. im always alone. im not as pretty as other girls. but he likes me for who i am. i just had to be patient to find him. heh (:

on Dec. 8 2009 at 11:35 am
Loved it..!!

on Dec. 4 2009 at 10:11 pm
Babygurl_101 SILVER, N/A, California

"Angels are the quiet girls that just havent been noticed yet"
"The past is the past, and i am your futuer." (<3<3<3<3<3)

this is so true!!! i really liked reading this!!! boys need 2 stop being so pickyy... and go for the gurls who havent had any guys. a guy doesnt need to always have a blonde gurl! all gurls r pretty in their own way

on Nov. 24 2009 at 5:08 pm
BaBii_GhErL PLATINUM, Wasilla, Alaska

Loving someone who doesnt love u is not wrong its just painful!

some girls do like only boys with looks...i like a man for who they are and how they approach me and how their attitide is towards me...guys that are frm where i am are like that too...they like the pretty ones that are mean and B*****...but oh wells girls just think of it this way..."if they dnt love me for who i am inside and not outside they dnt deserve to get to know me at all"...

kasras said...
on Nov. 22 2009 at 5:43 pm
i agree your peoples are jerks!

Abel24 GOLD said...
on Nov. 17 2009 at 6:08 pm
Abel24 GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

"Never to suffer would never to have been blessed."
- Edgar Allan Poe

"The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world."

-Edgar Allan Poe

Im telling you right now, the guys where you are from are pigs! Im a boy, and I don't do that. I like a girl with a good personality and has the same intrests as I do. Looks are only secondary things after good personalities for me. Trust me, there are some guys I know that would wish to meet girls. I have always gotten girls that really never liked me...I wish there were girls that would live in GA that didn't care about looks....and only personalities cause I would never be so Frikin lonely....