Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

September 2, 2009
By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
2 articles 12 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3


Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.


The author's comments:
This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 746 comments.


Demyx said...
on May. 6 2010 at 4:15 pm
Then guys must have standards for some people thinking that they are better than anyone else! I AGREE WITH VIRGINIAHEART!!!! 

on May. 4 2010 at 11:05 pm
lunar_moon BRONZE, Austin, Texas
4 articles 3 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you think you can you can, and if you think you can't, you're right." -Mary Kay Ash

Wow, I usually attack other people on their spelling and grammar mistakes. But thanks for being so understanding. Also can you point out all of the mistakes made? I really only see "gruggie." Unless you are also talking about grammar mistakes as well then perhaps. I didn't really pay attention to those.

Also I did not attack boys in general about doing drugs and drinking. Pay attention to what I typed. I said "popular" boys. The quotes were so that people realize that I'm talking about the boys who think that they are "cool." (Looky-there. Just used them again.)

Oh, and I actually didn't have to look up misandrist. You are obviously a choleric person when it comes to the topic of boys. I don't understand why you took the comment so personally. Do you not think that there are boys who do drugs? Plus at my school we have a population of students that is very open to new things.


on May. 4 2010 at 8:05 pm
TheMesserSandman, West Chester, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Which is not a misandrist statement at all. Thank you for your patronage Ms. Moon, I can assure you that the world has been bettered by such words as "gruggie". Now exscuse me, I have to go do drugs and drink because I'm a guy.

On the bright side: at least your number of spelling mistakes wasn't a triple digit number.


on Apr. 30 2010 at 9:38 pm
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
16 articles 0 photos 620 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I agree that they can be confusing but not all of them and that's not nessarily always true. It depends on the person. They don't just go for pretty girls, they also like people who are smart, nice, and talented at something.

on Apr. 30 2010 at 12:25 pm
at are school no one reallycares about the blonde cheerleaders its all about the aswome hot brunets with balck or brown eyes! haha so this really doesnt  make sense to me. if you like the boy just tell him and maybe he likes you and if he doesnt leave him alone and get another babe(:

itsTUCK said...
on Apr. 30 2010 at 3:08 am
well, from being a guy yes, we go for the pretty ones, but every guy has a wide variety of who he thinks is attractive. some may think a girl is smokin' when another guy says "nah ill pass." it all just depends on what the guy finds attractive. another thing, you can be the most gorgeous girl on the face of the planet, but if you have the personality of a rock, most guys will move on without a second glance back. personality is a really big factor when it comes to the next step in a relationship.

on Apr. 28 2010 at 10:47 pm
lunar_moon BRONZE, Austin, Texas
4 articles 3 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you think you can you can, and if you think you can't, you're right." -Mary Kay Ash

Alright, one, NOT ALL CHEERLEADERS ARE BRAINLESS. They actually have to get good grades to be on the team.

Second, a movie is a movie. These things do happen in life, just not in a 1 and a half hour montage, and not as dramatic.

Guys have different tastes okay? The "popular" guys have different reasons for liking the "blonde cheerleaders." A majority are just idiots who do drugs or drink, and they relate to the other "popular" gruggies.


on Apr. 28 2010 at 3:49 pm
Lissa239 SILVER, Immokalee, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"A Drunk Mans' Words Are A Sober Mans'Thought's "

Guys go 4 girls they are interested in...and if they don't think u meet their standards, than dats that. Its life, and girls do the SAME thing with guys, they're just not noticing that!!!!!

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:48 pm
foreverever008 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 35 comments
Well, I don't know so much about the "blound-hair~blue-eyes~cheerleader" stereotype (although I know that's not what you were trying to prove by this article.)  But it does seem like some guys (some!) do go by looks alone.  The dude who sits next to me in one of my classes told me that he prefers hot, petite Asian girls.  That's it.

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:12 pm
Rebecca Heilweil BRONZE, Not Your Business, New York
1 article 0 photos 7 comments
I disagree. The blonde and blue eyed concept is really a stereotype, I don't know about you, but in my school, there's no real set ideal about who is pretty and who isn't. There are many people who have blonde hair, blue eyes but aren't popular, as well as there are brunettes, and pretty much any background that are popular.

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:52 am
AnonyMOUSE BRONZE, Canon City, Colorado
1 article 5 photos 27 comments
And by the way, the attractiveness I meantioned is not only physical. Its based on a wide variety of things

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:50 am
AnonyMOUSE BRONZE, Canon City, Colorado
1 article 5 photos 27 comments
Haha, you've got it all wrong. Guys don't go for a girl just cause she's blonde, or just becuase she's a cheerleader, or just because she's "Popular". Guys go for whichever girl they find the most attractive, and we tend to dismiss those who we don't as anything more than friends. Therefore, if there aren't any guys drooling over you at your school, what are you worried about? It just means that they aren't interested and that you'll find a guy that is someday and you'll be that much better for not messing with guys who don't really love you. =D -straight from the mouth of a guy who knows.

on Apr. 26 2010 at 8:18 pm
Green_machine01 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is like the wind, you cant see it but u can feel it"--A Walk To Remember

I dont think guys go for the blonde cheerleaders that are snobby. Guys like girls that relate to them and are yes some what good looking. Would you ever date some nasty gross guy? of course not! Ive dated enough guys to know that they like girls mostly for personality. Looks are just always a plus. Is there any guy out there that only dates blonde bimbos?! I didnt thinkso.

luvdance said...
on Apr. 25 2010 at 10:30 pm
Guys don't typically go for a girl's hair color and if they do then they are shallow. And another thing is I don't like cheerleaders being stereotyped cause I am one and we aren't all blonde and blue eyed.

on Apr. 25 2010 at 8:18 pm
angela15 SILVER, Mississauga, Other
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Guy's don't fall for a girl's hair colour.

 


xDNiamh said...
on Apr. 24 2010 at 4:12 pm

i know where you're coming from with the whole, "why do boys only go for pretty girls?" its annoying and so true, especially if you're my age, which is 15. but i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and i am NOT one of those "pretty" girls. i think its stereotypical to think that all blonde girls are dumb and pretty and get whoever they want.. i've never had a proper boyfriend!

and as for boys always going for the pretty girls.. they're immature and they don't realise that personality is what really matters and you need to get to know someone first before dating them. at least that what i hope.

god men are weird.


LaughsAlone said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:18 pm
Uh, you kinda just called blondes and people with blue eyes a bunch of names...I'm both (although I'm dirty blond; not really the same) and that's not exactly something I chose or could help!  You're saying blondes don't deserve nice guys? And I've never seen guys prefer girls with those features anyway...not saying it doesn't happen, though... I'm pretty much an art geek, or would be called one, and not pretty at all despite having the features you stereotype as pretty, most of the 'popular' girls at my school are brunette...all the cheerleaders at our school have brown hair. You kinda acted like we are a different, undeserving species :/

on Apr. 22 2010 at 6:35 pm
NervousBreakdown BRONZE, Summerlin, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Perfection is simply just an illusion

i totally get what ur saying but, to me, this seems kinda like ur kinda stereotyping all guys. in my opinion it sounds like ur writing about all the players in the world (or well some of them). like dont get me wrong, ur writing was amazing i just dont agree with ur opinion.

on Apr. 21 2010 at 2:12 pm
chewie. i hope you get this.....i agree. lets talk. 8043863152

on Apr. 17 2010 at 2:02 pm
EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas
1 article 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you've lost it all.......That's when you finally realize.....That life is BEAUTIFUL

By the way, if you click my name. The poem I posted was inspired by a girl who was likely shallow, but she knew how to play my heart.

Later she cheated on me, even after I'd defended her name, when my best friend told me that she was unfaithful. And well...words slipped out that I wish never would have. I never saw her after that. No she didn't commit suicide, she moved before I apologized