Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

September 2, 2009
By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
2 articles 12 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3


Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.


The author's comments:
This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 746 comments.


on Apr. 17 2010 at 1:56 pm
EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas
1 article 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you've lost it all.......That's when you finally realize.....That life is BEAUTIFUL

Sorry, but I disagree.

First of all, maybe it's just me, but I'd preferr a woman with darker hair. But that doesn't matter, what matters is who the girl is, i.e. personality.

Secondly, although some men are shallow, not all are.

Finally, women can be just as shallow as men, of course not all women are shallow. But simply for the fact that I'm "unique" and I have possibly every culture in Europe and West Asia running in my genetics, most women seem to avoid me. Maybe it's just me but the fact that the girl I've been admiring for 3-4 years rejects me really is starting to mess with my head.

I'm sorry if you have felt similar pain, and I hope you don't overlook your special someone.


on Apr. 14 2010 at 9:43 pm
trumpetgirl711, Tucson, Arizona
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments
Or they go for the skinny girls and see no beauty in the bigger girls.

on Apr. 11 2010 at 2:12 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

I absolutely, 100% AGREE with you. That happens at my school too. Although, it is the skinny girl that gets the guy which confuses me in any way possible. I mean, why can't a big boned, curly haired, yet still have a personality of their own get the guy? So confusing...nice writing too:)

on Apr. 9 2010 at 9:30 pm
deardiary BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other
3 articles 0 photos 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is a truth universally acknowedged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. -Pride and Prejudice

I have to say,its not all the guys fault they may look on the outside first. THe media tends to make looks matter the most, and the pressure to be w/ the popular and pretty girl and to climb the social ladde is always great. U looks can tell a prsn alot bout u tho. Sorry, maybe not ur looks but ur stlye.If ur dressin in vogue, or diff then everyone else it cud mean ur origianl and creative. If u dress s***ty it wud mean ur only looking for one thing. So i guess,ur appearance can matter in a sense.I think girls can be just as shallow tho.I have to admit, i even ignore the not so attractive guys sometimes :s

on Apr. 9 2010 at 7:21 pm
Loveeyouu_x3 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 19 comments

okay , i feel like im soooo aloneeeeeeeee !

guys in my school only like the thick girls with big b**bs and butts . they dont care if there ugly , if they just gotta have the curves .

me ? i dont have an curvess and idk if im beautiful , i dont feel that way . but now they dont go for the blonde and blue eyed cheerleaders unless theyy havee a hugee a** or bog breasts .

i understand hormones , but what hapened to actually looking at the girls face once in a while ?

and im not trying to be stereotypical , but all the sl**s in my school are notttt thinn and arent beautiful at all , ouutside or in

i think what makes a girl beautiful is her personality , and when a girls a big sl*** , then shes not beautiful to me at all .

i get why guys like thse kinda girls , but whatever happened to the skinny , beautiful , nice , and smart girls ?


on Apr. 9 2010 at 4:06 pm
ShaunShaefron BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never let the shadow of a failure block the sunshine of success.

While I understand the thoughts you're trying to convey, on some points I strongly disagree.  I think that the whole 'blond-haired blue-eyed being the most beautiful' thing is a stereotype.

 

I prefer brown-haired girls in most instances, and that's still personal preference, but to me it doesn't seem like guys only go for the blondes.  The majority of the cheerleaders and popular girls at my school have brown hair.  Also cheerleader =/= popular.  Cheerleading isn't always a whorish 'sport,' some people actually enjoy it.  Personally, I think it is sort of demeaning in a way, but a lot of girls do it just for the fun of it.

 

Boys don't only go for blond-haired, blue-eyed girls.  Sorry to be so 'mean,' but please stop feeling sorry for yourself and blaming everyone else for your confusion and misery.


ssssss BRONZE said...
on Apr. 8 2010 at 7:34 pm
ssssss BRONZE, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.

I go to a school that's a lot different. At my school the guys date the girls who get in trouble, are hispanic, or extremely popular. Since most of the time im a loner with very light skin and have a practically perfect bahavior record im not on that list. Sure a few guys have asked me out but one was because he was trying to date every girl he could. the other was just to see if he could get a date with a girl. There is a guy i feel like im totally in love with mainly because he makes me feel like the most important girl in the world. He stayed up with me all night during a car ride just so i had someone to talk to, i told him about a guy that didn't like me because i wasn't pretty enough and he said that that guy missed out, so i have figured out that the guys that really like you aren't like the guys u described in your article.

on Apr. 1 2010 at 10:38 pm
fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
6 articles 0 photos 59 comments
I'm a brunette with brown eyes, and no one has called me beautiful. Guys seem to have their own system of what makes someone pretty, but I haven't found any that go for personality....

on Mar. 31 2010 at 10:06 pm
WhiteShadow BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Alright I like any guy live up to the stereotype in a way but i get to know women for who they are and sometimes the socalled beautiful girls are "shallow" or "overprivilaged" because us guys are hormonally charged and look at features rather than personality but theres good guys out there that get to know girls for who they really are. But maybe your just looking for the wrong type of guy *shrugs*?

xoxobimbo said...
on Mar. 25 2010 at 4:47 am
yeah i think you are right... Guys like girls who make them feel relevant. And who genuinely care for them without any strings attached. A little text msg, a smile, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, some1 who helps them with thier chores and stuff.... that will go a long way..

xoxoabim said...
on Mar. 25 2010 at 4:43 am
Ok i think the girl likes you but just doent want to admit it. U also sound a bit shy and most girls dont like that. try and express your feelings to this girl she might be going through some things in lher life that makes her react the way she does to you. for more advice u can email me on abims_oshodi@yahoo.com

on Mar. 23 2010 at 2:42 pm
skywitch BRONZE, Salem, Massachusetts
1 article 2 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
~ A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.~ Agent K
Men In Black

I am blonde and think that the stereotypes are stupid too, but for a different reason.

I don't like how the blonds are always the bad ones. Were not bad! Not to mention I don't always get the boy I like ether.

stephxbee GOLD said...
on Mar. 22 2010 at 7:09 pm
stephxbee GOLD, Honolulu, Hawaii
10 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Someone's going to hurt you at some point in your life, but it is up to you to decide who is worth it, and who is not.

and that proves what my comment said was true :D not all cheerleaders live up to that waaaack stereotype that you see in the movies.

on Mar. 22 2010 at 3:34 pm
Renegadegirl2012 SILVER, Columbus, Montana
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Maybe its true, maybe we don't know what we have until we have lost it. But maybe its also true that we don't know what we need until we have found it." -Unknown

My school has NO blonde cheerleaders. looks aren't super important. as long as you are happy with how you look, then nothing else matters.

on Mar. 22 2010 at 3:25 pm
Renegadegirl2012 SILVER, Columbus, Montana
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Maybe its true, maybe we don't know what we have until we have lost it. But maybe its also true that we don't know what we need until we have found it." -Unknown

I'm a cheerleader. I have brown hair and blue eyes. Guys don't usually notice me.

Striker GOLD said...
on Mar. 18 2010 at 9:53 pm
Striker GOLD, Wichita, Kansas
11 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who care about you and forget about those who don't."

A lot of guys are like that, but there are a few that will love a girl for who she really is, not her beauty. They don't deserve to be sterotyped.

on Mar. 18 2010 at 2:16 pm
firstsnowfalls DIAMOND, Marcellus, New York
51 articles 6 photos 105 comments
i think the question here is really: ARE there any nice teenaged guys who like girls for who they are and not what they look like

stephxbee GOLD said...
on Mar. 18 2010 at 11:24 am
stephxbee GOLD, Honolulu, Hawaii
10 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Someone's going to hurt you at some point in your life, but it is up to you to decide who is worth it, and who is not.

I disagree with this. And I have a few reasons why:

1) It really does depend on the guy. I'm Filipina and I have brunette hair and brown eyes. The guys I've gone for and have gone out with, even my friends, don't even go for blonde girls. They like the Asian girls, like myself. So, it's the guy's preference.

2) Not all cheerleaders are blonde with blue eyes. I'm an "ex-cheerleader". I was good at the sport, but it just wasn't my interest. Now, I skateboard and breakdance. This proves that not all cheerleaders are stuck up and ditzy. There are also plenty of girls who are ditzy that aren't cheerleaders.

3) In the end, guys know that there are girls for fun and girls for serious. (This is what I've learned from my dad who gives me advice so I never get played by guys). At this age, a very large amount of guys want to just fool around and get as many girls to look cool. But, at the end of the day, they would never marry a girl that has no sense (doesn't necessarily have to be blonde). Their families would never approve and guys don't like girls that can't even think for themselves. Super dependent girls are so unattractive, no matter how physically attractive they are.

4) Beauty is so NOT based on someone's hair color and eye color. Does that mean that only caucasion, blonde, blue eyed girls are beautiful? DEFINATELY NOT. Lots of guys like exotic beauty.

Thus, it all is based on the preference of the guy. If you feel that you're being ignored by someone you like and you think it's because of your looks, STOP THINKING THAT WAY and find someone who will appreciate you for you...not someone who's just in it for the status and "blonde hair and blue eyes".

(:

on Mar. 16 2010 at 3:26 pm
beautifuleyess12 BRONZE, St.Cloud, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 11 comments
I totally agree.

on Mar. 16 2010 at 3:19 pm
BasketballChick5, San Diego, California
0 articles 1 photo 114 comments

Favorite Quote:
:)Just Do It:) <3

Lol AndersN,

your really nice....Lol i like what you said in you comement there should be other guys that are like you:)