Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Vanished said...
Good evening, lovestruck ladies. I am fain to sing that superificial boys are the ones to avoid. I feel respect for girls, and if you would like an honest perspective from a boy, please read my story, "Razed Expectaions". Click on my name. Thank you, and good luck!

**talia** This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 5:29 pm :
Lovestruck ladies? I must say, that's cheezy- even for me. But it was cute, and I'm glad you feel that way.

JeanGrey replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:06 am :
I am with Talia lol nice opening :)

Stephxtm3 said...
I'm not sure it's always the same when it comes to guys liking the blond hair blue eyed girl. Trust me, because I have blond hair, and I have blue eyes, and guys aren't always all over me. Haha. So it really depends I guess where you live, and what type of guys live near you. And I agree with the guys, because girls are pretty much the same. We do stereo type based on looks, where we should be getting to know the person your crushing on. Looks really aren't everything, and gu... (more »)

blondiesue said...
well i'm blonde hair blue eyes and tanned and i get tons of guys but i think guys do that cuz it makes them feel like their something but their are guys who like girls that don't have blonde hair and blue eyes it just takes time

xoxobimbo replied...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 4:47 am :
yeah i think you are right... Guys like girls who make them feel relevant. And who genuinely care for them without any strings attached. A little text msg, a smile, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, some1 who helps them with thier chores and stuff.... that will go a long way..

BellaVamp said...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 8:18 am:
Gosh, you are SO right! I have green eyes, dark hair and pale skin, but boys always go for the tanned, blond, blue-eyed girls. I know this guy, he really likes me, but he says he loves this blond, tan girl. I'm actually really good friends with her, but I've been adoring that boy for ages, and I genuinely love him. I'm scared she'll be his choice, even though I KNOW I'm prettier than her.

MERiANxoxo replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm :

okay , i feel like im soooo aloneeeeeeeee !

guys in my school only like the thick girls with big b**bs and butts . they dont care if there ugly , if they just gotta have the curves .

me ? i dont have an curvess and idk if im beautiful , i dont feel that way . but now they dont go for the blonde and blue eyed cheerleaders unless theyy havee a hugee a** or bog breasts .

i understand hormones , but what hapened to actually looking at the girls face once in a while ?

a... (more »)

Portlynne said...
Great point

ScarletLux said...
I can equally make a rant about girls but to be honest I agree with you. Many of my fellow men are shallow, but I guarantee you, unless you live in an area with a population of 500 there is a boy that doesn't just go for the cheerleader. All people need to do is realize that he won't be "A material", he won't be on the Football team of some really hot looking guy. Both sides of the argument, in my experiance, are hypocrites.

michelle_my_belle replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 12:29 pm :
great point. i was just thinking about this yesterday. i feel like the shallower guys are also the guys usually bold enough to ask girls out, especially the ones on the younger side.

905xoxo said...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you are a blonde doesn't mean every boy will be memorized by you're beauty. Some boys like girls with dyed hair and percings and others like plain girls with a natural look. We should trying being our selves.

AndersN said...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 10:38 am:
I am a boy, and I'm different than all the other boys on this entire earth. I feel sympathy for you and your friend. I am 13, and I'm completely in love with this girl that's too embarrassed to admit she loves me too. She is a brunette, and I think she's the most beautiful thing to walk the earth. I've published several pieces on teen ink with her in mind. She doesn't love me, though. I am blonde with blue eyes, but I don't want to be. Let's say I...get a ... (more »)

VirginiaSoul replied...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 1:57 pm :
Aw! That's actually really sweet! I hope my article didn't affend you. :)
And if that girl doesn't like you then she doesn't know what she's missing cause you seem like a great guy!

AndersN replied...
Dec. 19, 2009 at 12:24 am :
She was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me...and she didn't care...I'm trying to make them think that I don't care for her anymore, but...I honestly do, and I never will stop...

VirginiaSoul replied...
Dec. 19, 2009 at 12:49 am :
Well, there is one girl somewhere out there who will love you for you. :)

Peanut:) replied...
Jan. 8, 2010 at 11:41 pm :
Ha, sorry, I just read this kid's comment, and I had to throw my two cents in-- Believe me, boy-- my school needs a few more like you. You do sound like a great guy, so go get'er! And a nice article, VirginiaSoul, good topic, try adding more 'meat' to it and expanding... it could go far.

XoXoRennie replied...
Jan. 17, 2010 at 11:52 am :
yeah very true but if you TRULY luv this gurl go 4 her nd try 2 find out y she hasnt listened to you. For all you know she might have issues of her own just like u

BasketballChick5 replied...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 3:19 pm :
Lol AndersN,
your really nice....Lol i like what you said in you comement there should be other guys that are like you:)

xoxoabim replied...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 4:43 am :
Ok i think the girl likes you but just doent want to admit it. U also sound a bit shy and most girls dont like that. try and express your feelings to this girl she might be going through some things in lher life that makes her react the way she does to you. for more advice u can email me on abims_oshodi@yahoo.com