Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Isawyouyesterday said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:50 pm:
I don't appreciate when people generalize that all girls with blond hair and blue eyes are shallow because I have those features naturally and I feel that people are always putting me down because of it

pfgoldfish13 said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 9:20 am:
I agree completely! Boys can be such jerks. The popular cheerleaders are only popular because they make fun of the gothic girl who plays the bass, or me.
Just because people are different on the outside, they need to have their personality examined first. Some unattractive-looking girls are sweet and sincere, unlike the populars can be.
Good job on this article!!! =)

iNERDY said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:18 am:
well i definately feel where ur coming from. Cuz i'm not blonde-haired oOR blue eyed. In fact i'm not even Caucasian! Its different if u go out with a girl who looks like that because u ginuinely like her, its another do date her just because of the way she looks.

***Rain*** said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 4:15 pm:
I'm blonde and blue eyed and I don't really care about boys. No offense, but some bots are just there to get the girls and make a big deal out of breaking their hearts in a few weeks anyway. I like how you wrote this. It shows how some girls think. Good job!

Belina replied...
Feb. 4, 2010 at 3:47 pm :
Well I have black hair and hazel eyes and I usually get all the popular guys, but im not shallow i believe that if you have a wonderful personality that will always shine through, plus a good connection always matters.

***Rain*** replied...
Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:05 pm :
I agree. If you show who you really are youll find someone thats just the right match for you. Although at my school, if your blonde, you get stared at. Dont know why though. I'm not saying that I really care looks about that kind of stuff. I'm not all that popular with the guys, but nearly all of them know my name, which sorta freaks me out because I only hang out with a small group of friends.

Vanished said...
Good evening, lovestruck ladies. I am fain to sing that superificial boys are the ones to avoid. I feel respect for girls, and if you would like an honest perspective from a boy, please read my story, "Razed Expectaions". Click on my name. Thank you, and good luck!

**talia** This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 5:29 pm :
Lovestruck ladies? I must say, that's cheezy- even for me. But it was cute, and I'm glad you feel that way.

JeanGrey replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:06 am :
I am with Talia lol nice opening :)

Stephxtm3 said...
I'm not sure it's always the same when it comes to guys liking the blond hair blue eyed girl. Trust me, because I have blond hair, and I have blue eyes, and guys aren't always all over me. Haha. So it really depends I guess where you live, and what type of guys live near you. And I agree with the guys, because girls are pretty much the same. We do stereo type based on looks, where we should be getting to know the person your crushing on. Looks really aren't everything, and gu... (more »)

blondiesue said...
well i'm blonde hair blue eyes and tanned and i get tons of guys but i think guys do that cuz it makes them feel like their something but their are guys who like girls that don't have blonde hair and blue eyes it just takes time

xoxobimbo replied...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 4:47 am :
yeah i think you are right... Guys like girls who make them feel relevant. And who genuinely care for them without any strings attached. A little text msg, a smile, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, some1 who helps them with thier chores and stuff.... that will go a long way..

BellaVamp said...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 8:18 am:
Gosh, you are SO right! I have green eyes, dark hair and pale skin, but boys always go for the tanned, blond, blue-eyed girls. I know this guy, he really likes me, but he says he loves this blond, tan girl. I'm actually really good friends with her, but I've been adoring that boy for ages, and I genuinely love him. I'm scared she'll be his choice, even though I KNOW I'm prettier than her.

MERiANxoxo replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm :

okay , i feel like im soooo aloneeeeeeeee !

guys in my school only like the thick girls with big b**bs and butts . they dont care if there ugly , if they just gotta have the curves .

me ? i dont have an curvess and idk if im beautiful , i dont feel that way . but now they dont go for the blonde and blue eyed cheerleaders unless theyy havee a hugee a** or bog breasts .

i understand hormones , but what hapened to actually looking at the girls face once in a while ?

a... (more »)

Portlynne said...
Great point

ScarletLux said...
I can equally make a rant about girls but to be honest I agree with you. Many of my fellow men are shallow, but I guarantee you, unless you live in an area with a population of 500 there is a boy that doesn't just go for the cheerleader. All people need to do is realize that he won't be "A material", he won't be on the Football team of some really hot looking guy. Both sides of the argument, in my experiance, are hypocrites.

michelle_my_belle replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 12:29 pm :
great point. i was just thinking about this yesterday. i feel like the shallower guys are also the guys usually bold enough to ask girls out, especially the ones on the younger side.

905xoxo said...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you are a blonde doesn't mean every boy will be memorized by you're beauty. Some boys like girls with dyed hair and percings and others like plain girls with a natural look. We should trying being our selves.

AndersN said...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 10:38 am:
I am a boy, and I'm different than all the other boys on this entire earth. I feel sympathy for you and your friend. I am 13, and I'm completely in love with this girl that's too embarrassed to admit she loves me too. She is a brunette, and I think she's the most beautiful thing to walk the earth. I've published several pieces on teen ink with her in mind. She doesn't love me, though. I am blonde with blue eyes, but I don't want to be. Let's say I...get a ... (more »)

VirginiaSoul replied...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 1:57 pm :
Aw! That's actually really sweet! I hope my article didn't affend you. :)
And if that girl doesn't like you then she doesn't know what she's missing cause you seem like a great guy!