Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Jordan901278 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:13 am
you're clumping all guys together into one specific category. sure most idiot high-school guys are like that, but once high-school ends most people wake up. you need to find the right guy instead of chasing some jock d-bag

Melii replied...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:23 am
good point!!! i like the way you think ani i totally agree considering im a girl... i kno alot of decent guys no like that.

Jesse4658 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:00 am
Let me guess, you or your friend, is what most people would consider ugly. So you set your standards to high, knowing all too well that our society is shallow. Now you're angry about it? And by the way you make it seem like all guys are shallow. I'm a guy and I can say I'm not. And if anything girls are just as (if not more) shallow. I've had friends that are very nice but because they didn't fit standards they were overlooked. Please don't group everybody together ... (more »)

carrcarrx said...
i know what you mean && for the people who got offended by this.. i dont think u ment exactly "blonde hair or blue eyes" i think you were just saying that guys usually go for the girls who look pretty . so if you have those features, you should be happy because all she was trying to say was that are usually the most attractive .
she was saying that she wants guys to stop looking at the outside of people because it only captures attention. she wants guys to look whats on ... (more »)

itsTUCK replied...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 3:08 am
well, from being a guy yes, we go for the pretty ones, but every guy has a wide variety of who he thinks is attractive. some may think a girl is smokin' when another guy says "nah ill pass." it all just depends on what the guy finds attractive. another thing, you can be the most gorgeous girl on the face of the planet, but if you have the personality of a rock, most guys will move on without a second glance back. personality is a really big factor when it comes to the next step in a relationship.

camilalovesmegan<3 replied...
at are school no one reallycares about the blonde cheerleaders its all about the aswome hot brunets with balck or brown eyes! haha so this really doesnt  make sense to me. if you like the boy just tell him and maybe he likes you and if he doesnt leave him alone and get another babe(:

cookiemonstercutie said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 9:07 am
ok im a cheerleader and i must admit i do have my moments at the games but not all the time but most of the girls are always like that and my 'bestfriend' (not so much anymore) is always complaning how i get all the 'good guys' and 'oh your so pretty' when really i get guys that treat me like horse turd and honestly im blonde with blue eys and id rather have brown straight hair and green or brown eyes. but great peice keep writing

cookiemonstercutie replied...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 9:12 am
also some guys just get with a girl because there other features (butt ect) and it all depends on how they act wether the guy thinks shes easy or if can get pictures then dump her its heart breaking but it happens. but it ussually depends on that

bam222 said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 9:03 am
to you have green eyes and black hair???

FishDontHaveLegs said...
I have to say that I don't apreciate the bashing on cheerleaders I have dark brown hair and green eyes and I'm a cheerleaders all cheerleaders aren't shallow. And neither are blondes with blue eyes I take that ofensively my best friend has those features!

corri123 said...
i know for real first you like this girl then you dont like her and you go out with some other girl. make up your mind and dont play a girl like that she will come back well you dont want to know what she will do it is that bad!!!!!

Isawyouyesterday said...
I don't appreciate when people generalize that all girls with blond hair and blue eyes are shallow because I have those features naturally and I feel that people are always putting me down because of it

pfgoldfish13 said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 9:20 am
I agree completely! Boys can be such jerks. The popular cheerleaders are only popular because they make fun of the gothic girl who plays the bass, or me.
Just because people are different on the outside, they need to have their personality examined first. Some unattractive-looking girls are sweet and sincere, unlike the populars can be.
Good job on this article!!! =)

iNERDY said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:18 am
well i definately feel where ur coming from. Cuz i'm not blonde-haired oOR blue eyed. In fact i'm not even Caucasian! Its different if u go out with a girl who looks like that because u ginuinely like her, its another do date her just because of the way she looks.

***Rain*** said...
I'm blonde and blue eyed and I don't really care about boys. No offense, but some bots are just there to get the girls and make a big deal out of breaking their hearts in a few weeks anyway. I like how you wrote this. It shows how some girls think. Good job!

Belina replied...
Well I have black hair and hazel eyes and I usually get all the popular guys, but im not shallow i believe that if you have a wonderful personality that will always shine through, plus a good connection always matters.

***Rain*** replied...
I agree. If you show who you really are youll find someone thats just the right match for you. Although at my school, if your blonde, you get stared at. Dont know why though. I'm not saying that I really care looks about that kind of stuff. I'm not all that popular with the guys, but nearly all of them know my name, which sorta freaks me out because I only hang out with a small group of friends.

Vanished said...
Good evening, lovestruck ladies. I am fain to sing that superificial boys are the ones to avoid. I feel respect for girls, and if you would like an honest perspective from a boy, please read my story, "Razed Expectaions". Click on my name. Thank you, and good luck!

**talia** This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Lovestruck ladies? I must say, that's cheezy- even for me. But it was cute, and I'm glad you feel that way.

JeanGrey replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:06 am
I am with Talia lol nice opening :)