Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

brown.sugar said...
oh no. now im confused. you onty mentioned pretty girls with blonde hair and blue eyes. well in case you didn't notce there are PRETTY girls who are african american who ARE considerd Pretty. just letting you  know because your article offendsme and other girls 

justanothergirl said...
okay, so i am a natural blonde with blue eyes and in no way am i considered "popular". i am also not dumb. and i have had a couple boyfriends but no more than any of my brunette friends. and i think this is kind of offensive to boys. not that part of it isnt true. boys do notice girls for their looks a lot, but so do girls. we all notice the boys that are "good looking" as much as we would like to think that all we want is a good personality, thats not all we are looking for and and it would be ... (more »)

benny000 said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 7:23 am
well yea true for the most part but also girls allways look for the good looking guys they allways say that they don't care for looks but everybody  know that is a lie girls allways want a guy who is sensative but they don't know how to look in the right place. In the real world most guys are either goodlooking or not but I can ssure you that the guys who are not won'y break your hearth

DaddyzUnwantedDolly said...

I agree with the movie part, of course.

BUT. I am a natural blonde and dye my hair, usually, dark brown (my profile pic is actually me). Guys pay more attention to me with my hair brunette rather than blonde---

Therefore I don't neccesarily agree with this, but- good job.

SuicidalLoveMonster said...
I think it's funny, because in my case, my boyfriend's ex was brunette-brown eyed. &I'm brunette-brown eyed. But the thing is, she was the prep. &Honestly, I'm the punk, emo kid. My boyfriend is the QB on our JV football team. I don't think it really matters by hair or eye color. But I understand where you're coming from. Many blondes are just so...guh. I have blonde friends, but they aren't..THOSE blondes. XD <3

Lola. said...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:18 am
Well, no they don't always go for the blond girls. The boys that are only into a girl for their looks are not someone you'd want to date anyway. But I know that not all guys are like that. And some prefer brunettes ;p

Kassie#1 said...
How you act. That is what the go for. And another thing Guys have only one thing on their mind when they are teens to old men. show your true self and you will get a true soulmate.

MadisonReneeJane said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 8:26 am
Well, it's not like that. Appearance is mostly the way you yourself present yourself. Your appearance is your cover to your book, and believe is or not most boys will not like you if you have a dirty beat-up cover. I'm blonde, and most of the time I do not get the guy, but I don't obsess over it because I'm only 14 1/2 (not saying you are). It's fun to date but really, who wants to date a jerk like you're describing? Good guys are hard to find, but you just have to tough it out and actually look.

AgnotTheOdd said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 12:25 am

Whoa whoa whoa hold on a minute bucko.  I'd like to point out my girlfriend has grey eyes.  Not blue

That being said, i think this is a pretty gross over-generalization.  Guys do care about appearance, but thats not to say we don't care about personality either.  I'm just speaking for myself but if a girl is attractive but unintelligent, I'm not going to go into a relationship with her.  And if you still think that this is bad take solace in Sh... (more »)

Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Let's back the generalization truck up a minute.

Give me a pair of bottle green eyes and coffee brown hair any day.  The hair, the eyes, or any other body part don't matter nearly as much as the girl that has them.

There are popularity hounds, sure, but not all guys are scum.  At least I don't think I'm not.  Could be wrong I guess...

Sorry, AgnotTheOdd.  I didn't mean to reply to your post; I missed the New Comment button.  So any of my arguments aren't directed at you, but the article.

AgnotTheOdd replied...

Ah ok

That being said, I agree with you.

pageturner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 10:41 am
right, i mean come on. if the only options for dating are only guys who are intersted in "pretty" girls, then I might as well become a nun

Adonis said...

guys are more attracted to physical features then girls are. that's just a fact.

that said that doesn't mean a great personality and fun-loving outgoing spirit and being nice sweet and generally awesome don't go a LONG way in getting guys to notice you.

Natalie330 said...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 9:48 am
That is so right, its really not fair, all the fit, kind, funny and popular boys go for the stupid, 'popular' girls, ie. the horrible pretty girls :( x

Bass93 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 8:49 am
ah i dont know, im just muddling up my words. i don't care anymore.

Smilie_Kylie_:) said...
ahaaha wow this is a BIT old but still...please don't generalize. See what happened when you did? Did you just think that there were no blondes that were bookworms or bunette cheerleaders? Or that cheerleaders go on this site??

lizzymwrites said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 4:14 am

Let it be stated:

Not all blondes are pretty. Not all brunettes are ugly.

You can't generalize like that. Not all the popular girls are blonde. Blondes aren't always stupid. Hey, some brunettes are pretty thick, too.

I'm a brunette, and I am sticking up for blondes.

It happeens.

me.myslef.and...love said...
EXACTLY i completely understand what you saying all guys want the perfect girls....but if they would open their eyes they would see that a little imperfections are rlly nice!!

heather_me replied...
I know I am a brunette and it seems non of the guys ever go for us. i hav brown eyes so im never the attractive onw just the sensitive one.