Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Oct. 17 2010 at 12:16 am
fob-fan5 SILVER, Brockon, Ma, Massachusetts
it's just her oppinion that's how she sees it

on Oct. 17 2010 at 12:13 am
same goes for me i'm such a nerd and i'm easy to like guys have liked me but always go for the reavealing and just (exusse me) sluts it makes no sense in u were here i would hug u

aha, i guess i can agree with this. but then again im a brown haired brown eyes white complected girl. and i wont lie i am thick also and boys always seem to look past me in my eyes. but someone wil come and like you for who your are. and not for what your not. so just go with the flow and trust me from my own personal expiernce something good comes along and no matter what something better comes along. from being the girl that is looked at cuz i hang out with nothing but cheerleaders and the pretty skinny girls who all the guys want, im the one who is happy to say i have a boyfriend and treats me like a princess

Nancy18 said...
I somewhat agree with you. Guys don't just go out with the cheerleader type of girls. They go out with just the pretty girls, never the geeky girls. Don't let this get to your head because NOT all guys are like that.

jessenielsen BRONZE, Candler, North Carolina

"other men said they have seen angels, but i have seen thee, and thou art enough"- g. moore

my dear, you are getting hung up on stereo types. blonde hair+blue eyes=beauty... i dont think any guy thinks that way. to a guy, a pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of the color of there hair, eyes, or even nationality. in a high school setting most guys really arent looking for a nice girl with a good personality, just a hot one. im not saying this is right, but just know it is only a stage in our development.

jamS24 BRONZE said...
jamS24 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

I don't care what your parents say, sometimes failure is beautiful and dedication is deadly.

Wow umm maybe because the "geeky girl" as you like to call them don't really let them know they like them. So instead of sulking why not just tell the guy? That's the only real difference between a "geek" and some one who's "popular" btw I've dated many different guys and have many guy friends NONE OF THEM CARE ABOUT YOUR HAIR OR EYE COLOR! Unless of course that's what they prefer but then again its very easy to change a guy's mind. Unless of course he's a close minded douche which in that case drop him.

on Oct. 7 2010 at 11:52 am
Chacharoo BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

"I love you."

I agree with you, Ame23. This could easily be understood in a much easier way. It may not be the fact that we're ugly to THEM, it's just who they prefer. And there are TONS of guys who like girls other than the way you described. I can easily say it, because I'm in that situation now. I have NEVER thought I was pretty and I don't even have blonde hair.

There's someone for every other someone. It's just the way you go about looking at it.

Claymonster said...
Claymonster, Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois
you're making this so much more complex than it really is...

on Oct. 6 2010 at 7:33 am
TessaOhhh BRONZE, Funchester,, Virginia

"We will all be the greatest, we will all be degraded." -John O'Callaghan

I totally understand where you're coming from. I always ask myself what's wrong with me and why I'm not good enough for anyone. But I disagree with your statement about how "they have to blonde and blue eyed!" Because, guess what, I'm blonde haired and blue eyed and I can't get a boy for the life of me. It just takes patientence.  There's a fish in this sea for everyone.

Jesssxo19 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska

Love is something you can't describe like the look of a rose, the smell of the rain, or the feeling of forever.

i get what your saying! i completely understand... but not all boys are like that! i mean.. i'm in a great relationship with my boyfriend who happens to be an varsity football, basketball, and soccer player and him and i are completely different.. Im not too pretty and i have dark hair and brown eyes and i'm a bookworm! but he decided to be with me than with any other girl.. so if i can find a guy like that.. then you can to! so just keep your head up and don't worry... you'll find a less confusing boy someday! :)

yourstruly said...
obvisously you do this to cuz you sterotyped your own paper why cant the blonde cheerleader be smart? just smoke bowl shut up you whiney cry baby. maybe if you were cool guys would want to  ahng out with you but they dont your lame goodbye!

on Oct. 2 2010 at 1:56 am
xAllegria BRONZE, Singapore, Other

Ça fait tellement du bien d’aimer les gens qu’on aime, que ça finit par faire mal. Je sais pas comment on survit a ça. Non franchement, je sais pas. LOL (laughing out loud) ®, Lola.

This article is futile and untrue.

on Sep. 29 2010 at 8:26 am
Melissa Abou Chakra, Lebanon, Other

I agree with you that"Boys are confusing":P

And i hate boys that the only thing that impress them is a girl's outside because if someone has a beautiful outside but a mean,selfich,bad... inside ,beauty is no longer important. And everyone is special in his own way...:D Cz someone might have blue eyes and blonde hair and so not beautiful!

aaliyahluv98 said...
wow thts realy true u knw i really nevr thought bout it in dat way

on Sep. 24 2010 at 10:03 am
.babycakes. GOLD, Waupaca, Wisconsin
i agree with MattsGurl and Taylor.Sangeria. i have blonde hair and blue eyes and im definately not a cheerleader or popular. in fact i feel the way you do. high school is just high school sterotypes and drama are just part of the package.some day you'll find a guy thats actually worth being with and loves you for you, not your hair or eye color. 

on Sep. 22 2010 at 9:57 am
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

Well like xXdiffrent_guyXx said.... I like this article....

xXdiffrent_guyXx, Npeachbotton, Pennsylvania

im different

I am different, i never dated a girl that was blond or had blue eyes. i dont even really like the color blond. all 3 i dated were brown hair or black hair!

on Sep. 15 2010 at 9:54 am
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

Well I see in both points of veiw....I see how u feel cuz here there are so many popular people...and Cheerleaders all of them make fun of the "ugly,un-popular,freaks,geeks," I dont like it but all of the pretty girls are not just blonde and blue eyed cuz  I am and I get made fun of for reasons i dont understand...

Taylor.Sangria GOLD, Deltona, Florida
This isn't true at all; I don't know where you live and what boys you're interacting with, but this entire article is just a bundle of stereotypes. 

on Sep. 12 2010 at 8:58 am
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

That is so true...I mean like plus sized girls too. They never get the guy, unless they do something bad or mean to get them...to prove themselves popular!  Great piece too.