Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

buzzlikebea GOLD, Fitchburg, Wisconsin

Shoot for the moon. For, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars.

I'm blonde, and I have blue eyes, and I can assure you that I do not have boys throwing themselves at me.  

And, honestly, we aren't really any less shallow than boys are.  Every girl out there has this idealized version of the perfect guy; six-pack abs, sensitive, trustworthy, and only has eyes for you.  But that's just what it sounds like, to good to be true.

Babygirl809 SILVER, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
As a girl I have to say that we are shallow too. we go for the hot, popular jocks. im not saying guys aren't cause they are even more than girls....sometimes. we say looks don't matter but they do. If you enter a room and u look around for someone to talk to, u'll go the cute guy or girl first. Its human nature. 

Mkla-H8n GOLD said...
Mkla-H8n GOLD, Chilhowie, Virginia

" Friends are temporary, but Sisters are forever" By me.Its something about us being sisters that keep us as friends.
"Parenta will love you no matter what!" I LOVE my parents and I know they LOVE me too! :)

I'm not trying to cause bad feelings, but y do u believe it is truly rude to guys, if they only choose the blonde girls instead of the brown haired girls (like me). Like I said I'm not trying to cause bad feelings, I just want to understand y u believe it is rude. :)

Mkla-H8n GOLD said...
Mkla-H8n GOLD, Chilhowie, Virginia

Thanks. My parents gave me kind of the same advice. Lol. :)

LetLoveLive said...
Boys always go after blondes yes, but I have a boy going after me and I am a brunette, and he tries to get me to be jealous by saying he is going out with a blonde when he is not. True, boys only care about being popular.

TheWordSmith SILVER, Placerville, California

"Pretty" is such a general word. Each boy defines "pretty" in a different way. Some boys are superficial and goes for the girls with the best looks, but very few do. Most boys define "pretty" as a nice smile and friendly personality.

The "flirtatious, blonde-hair, blue-eye cheerleader" is a total stereotype. I am a brunette, but I still disagree with it completely. I know countless blondes who don't fit that stereotype in any way whatsoever!

SoulxFinder BRONZE, Cobourg, Other

The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. - Edgar Allan Poe

If you really truly feel for him, then you will know what to do when the time comes. If you think that your friendship might break because of unshared feelings, then it might be best to let him go, even if that's hard for you. I can assure you that just because you're not like his current girlfriend, doesn't mean he won't like you. If they break up, it may be because that sort of girl isn't his type. If he does end up liking you, it'll be because you have qualities that he likes and respects. Maybe things you don't even realize you have yet. Stay true to who you are as a person, then you find out who's really worth the struggles in life. 

the guy said...
yeah write blonde and blue=way hotter

poptart said...
to bad the guy and xprezzionstar I'm just DESPRIT FOR A GIRL!!!!!!

on Dec. 10 2010 at 7:36 am
Patriots BRONZE, Brutus, Michigan

Tackle, Tackle Go Patriots.

I think that it is very rude that boys like me only date blonde and others. I don't date.

Mkla-H8n GOLD said...
Mkla-H8n GOLD, Chilhowie, Virginia

I agree with u. Some boy I liked once said he didn't like me because of my eye color. :( My friends just said to get over him because he was shallow. Lol. :)

Mkla-H8n GOLD said...
Mkla-H8n GOLD, Chilhowie, Virginia

I agree with you, but i'm afraid to go after him if they break up. He's one of my friends and i'm afraid that if that happens and he doesn't like me then it will ruin our friendship. Besides I am most definitely not one of the most pretty, or popular, or nicest girls. I mean i'm okay but why would he like me at all ??? (I'm not trying to make myself sound bad or anything, i'm just curious to wut ppl would say.) :)

~Rissy-Roo~ said...
Thank you Killy Keebler

the guy said...
yeah poptart this is not a dating site.

on Dec. 9 2010 at 8:06 am
That is sorta rude to the blonde haired blue eyed girls. My friend is blonde haired blue eyed girl and she is not so happy with her life right now. That is not how everthing ends.

~Rissy-Roo~ said...
on Dec. 9 2010 at 8:05 am
well i think this is kind of rude to the blonde blue eyed girls of America that is not always how things end lots of brunnettes get the guy in the end not to be rude though. just my opinion

abeatleschick94 SILVER, Montvale, New Jersey

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. - John Lennon

very true. if there is one thing they don't like, it's over

Breskix3 BRONZE, New Yokr, New York

I'm startin' to feel like a dungeon dragon.
Raah, raah, like a dungeon dragon- nicki minaj

So true... i lot of books are like that. they just dont wanna be seen with a geeky girl or a fat girl.

eyeshell94 said...
on Dec. 8 2010 at 6:05 am
eyeshell94, Tanauan, Other

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

But, I don't think all boys are like that! ;) I some ways, yes, they are.. But not all the time. Some of them has this so-called contentment. =)))) 

Kyle Tierney BRONZE, Marcellus, New York
maybe consider which guys you have a thing for. Are they dirtbags? Maybe if they are so shallow that they will exclude you soly because of your hair color, then they are not worth it to begin with. Consider other boys, were not all bad.