Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Chloe J. said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:49 am
l love can exist in any age I am sixteen and I have known love I have seen love my dance teacher met her husband in high school anyone can fall in love I beleive in teen love as much as I beleive that their is some one for every one. age is just a number

Vixenfur said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:09 am
Love exists at any age. At the same time, teenagers believe they are in love, when really what they feel is true friendship or just a crush or attraction. Many teenagers believe the desire for sex is love, which is not true. That's their hormones speaking. I may be only 14, as many others are on this website, but some of us have and have not experienced true love. I've experienced first love, in fact, I am right now. I believed my first love was in 5th grade, so yes, kids and teenagers can say t... (more »)

MaxRide said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:18 am
I believe in teen love, but I think people use "I love you" too often. People say it to everyone, all of their friends, so then when they really mean it, it doens't mean as much anymore.....

anavarac said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:31 am
I believe first it depends on the maturity of the teens. I believe that being young you can attach to a person and as you grow together you learn more and more about that person forming love. I know several couples that have gotten married young even and their relationship has lasted through their lives as they are still happy with one another. So my answer would have to be yes I truly believe in teen love :)

HannaBanana123 said...
In the begining, i thought you were about to say that teen love is impossible... But I think it totally exists! I know plenty of people who were high school sweet hearts, and now are a happy married couple:)

TheNoToRioUsBaBYGurL said...
Love it! powerful and truly speaks to me! :)

lee14 said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:51 am
yep love can exist at any time it don't matter what age you are if you and another person find each other and you love each other then you can stay and have a happy family

IMadePaintThatLookedLikeCupcakesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
when i first started reading this article, i thought you were gonna say the idea of teen love was ridiculous. i TOTALLY believe in teen love. It totally exists.

lol i clicked reply instead of post ur own. :D sry

Bliss124 said...
at first i thought you were saying it doesnt exist but at the end when you said you tihnk it does, i was like "phew!!" so yea i agree, teenage love ABSOLUTELY exists

jsnow42 said...
Most people that say that love is for idiots have one: been inlove badly hurt and now reject all ideas, or two: loved someone that nevered loved them back. If you do not believe in love for anyone why did you read this article?

xmusiicandwritiingx said...
I think that teenage love does exist, but teenagers don't know exactly what true love is. They jump to conclusions too quick and take it as love. They throw around the word "love" like the word the. Teenagers are too quick to jump to the conclusion that they are in love, which, more times than not, they aren't.

Bliss124 replied...
I absolutely agree with that

hateer said...
love is 4 idiots.

owl-girl replied...
I totally disagree.

KaitlynJasper said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:06 am
It truly does exist. I know others have their opinions, and I respect that, but when you feel something, and you know it's true, you can't listen to other people who tell you otherwise. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and I'm only a freshmen. I've no doubt in my mind that he is the one for me. That's true love right there, and I'm a teenager. I disagree with anyone who says "you're just kids, you don't know love" Because it's like, dude, it's my feelings, not yours!

daughterofeve14 said...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:19 am
I believe teenage love does exist. You cant put age on love. People fall in love at different ages whether youre 15 or 25. God brings the person into your life at the right time. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, and were teenagers. I think maybe one day we can get married.(:

steffdawgg said...
I think that many teenagers don't really realize what true love is, but that it exists, and yet the artificial love, the fake relationships exist too. I love my boyfriend. I have no doubt about that, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him, yet I'm still very young. Others may not be this serious, but I agree with you, it exists.

IT_WILL_RAINThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
amen thats true

Lakersgirl said...
I agree with you because i believe love will happen when you really love someone. Teenage love is very hard to find these days because people are so rude and stupid. You are also young to even start dating and stuff like that.