Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

hateer said...
love is 4 idiots.

owl-girl replied...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:12 pm :
I totally disagree.

KaitlynJasper said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:06 am:
It truly does exist. I know others have their opinions, and I respect that, but when you feel something, and you know it's true, you can't listen to other people who tell you otherwise. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and I'm only a freshmen. I've no doubt in my mind that he is the one for me. That's true love right there, and I'm a teenager. I disagree with anyone who says "you're just kids, you don't know love" Because it's like, dude, it's my feelings, not yours!

daughterofeve14 said...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:19 am:
I believe teenage love does exist. You cant put age on love. People fall in love at different ages whether youre 15 or 25. God brings the person into your life at the right time. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, and were teenagers. I think maybe one day we can get married.(:

steffdawgg said...
I think that many teenagers don't really realize what true love is, but that it exists, and yet the artificial love, the fake relationships exist too. I love my boyfriend. I have no doubt about that, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him, yet I'm still very young. Others may not be this serious, but I agree with you, it exists.

IT_WILL_RAIN said...
amen thats true

Lakersgirl said...
I agree with you because i believe love will happen when you really love someone. Teenage love is very hard to find these days because people are so rude and stupid. You are also young to even start dating and stuff like that.

thinkofme321 said...
To me, love is a big word, its a powerful addicting feeling. No matter what age you will know when youve fallen into it. My mom was engagged when she was a senior in high school and has been married for 26 long happy years. Everyday I wonder if its going to be the same way for me and my boyfriend but you can never know. all I know is that we are in love and its been the time of my life. So in conclusion, im a victum of love in high school, it def. exsists.

Baocheng vang said...
I agree with you because some people belive in love and teenage love is very hard to find when you are still very young

Shawty With You said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:48 am:
I think it doesnt even matters if your dating at what age because if they both like eachother than they could go out and have some fun. I know some people who dated and now they are married and they both loves eachother. even if they are still little kids, they should still go out but i think they shouldnt go out yet because they wont know anything.

crazy one replied...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
I think what u are sayin is true but i dnt really knw wat u r sayin cas u say one thing than the othe no disreapect just sayin it wat i think is that some kids act like they like eachother but they really dnt and that culd end in eart break its happened an its really sad but then u knw they became frenns but she still liked him but he didnt like her and when he went out wit another gurl it was sad cas she look sad and his pittiful sell he looked like nothin happen

kuvhlubkoj said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:46 am:
I agree with the article, teenage love can happen. I also do know some people who dated in high school and now are married and happy. Teenage love is a special thing.

KatherineDiana said...

I think it's possible at any age to be in love. Now a good portion of the time, when you're in middle school, your hormones obviously go crazy right around there, and you suddenly feel the need to be held and be kissed etc. etc. so that's why so many people might come to the conclusion that teenage love doesn't exist. But it is my belief that love is available and exists at any age. 

But yes, most teens aren't fully matured which again lesssens the odds of real teen love, but if ... (more »)

FrAme said...
I've fallen in love. I'm not sure that the love was worth the pain though, when she didn't love me back. It exists though.

Sophia said...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:41 am:
I don't really know if I belive in teenage love. I guess thats because I never falled in love.

prettygurl987 replied...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm :
Lol... its "fell". Falled isn't a word. :P

dylan Kratzberg said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:37 am:
YES!!! i thanks teen love in true! im a 9th grader and i have been dating this girl for 2 year!!!! its because i love her!!!!!!!!

Aspiringauhor said...
My parents met in elementary school, and happily celebrated their 24 year marriage anniversary this past October. So, yes, I agree.

Katrina K. said...
You should check out the book my boyfriend and I wrote together.  He's 17 and I'm 15.  We've been together for over 2 years.  This book is full of our advice on how to have a great relationship.  It's called "Secrets to Your FairyTale Romance ~ For Teens" .  Get your copy on Amazon - makes a great Christmas Gift and maybe your boyfriend can learn some tips on how to be sweeter.     

Baby_Joker19 said...
honestly i dont believe in teenage love......it does nothin bt make yu feel happy for a short period of time before the guy/grl tht yur wit finds someone else and dumps yu to the side of the road wit unanswered questions and broken.....teen love is useless and pointless......from my viewin of it at this age all guys want is what most of them cant get if the grl doesnt give it to em they jst dump and move to the nxt.....plus right now be as independent as yu can....dont rely on some jer... (more »)

INHAILED replied...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 9:06 pm :
If you've had a bad experience with relationships I'm sorry. They obviously weren't the right person, it doesn't mean its useless and pointless. It's only useless and pointless if you make it so. Many people find love in high school and keep that relationship forever, don't give up.