Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Mar. 6 2012 at 8:51 pm
magentarose BRONZE, Bessemer, Alabama
Teen love is definately real .. i monl seventeen but have experienced the new and fresh part about love and the happines you feel ... and also the devestation you feel when its over... i think its really ignorant of adults to say i isn't real ./... .or its just puppy love.... everyone has to staryt somewhere and you dont have to be 25 to be in love...... 

chloe jane said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 6:49 am
chloe jane, Gatton, Other
l love can exist in any age I am sixteen and I have known love I have seen love my dance teacher met her husband in high school anyone can fall in love I beleive in teen love as much as I beleive that their is some one for every one. age is just a number

Vixenfur said...
on Feb. 14 2012 at 10:09 am
Love exists at any age. At the same time, teenagers believe they are in love, when really what they feel is true friendship or just a crush or attraction. Many teenagers believe the desire for sex is love, which is not true. That's their hormones speaking. I may be only 14, as many others are on this website, but some of us have and have not experienced true love. I've experienced first love, in fact, I am right now. I believed my first love was in 5th grade, so yes, kids and teenagers can say they're in love easily and truly believe it, but do they really know it? The truth is, YOU are the only one who knows what you feel. Nobody else can tell you how YOU feel, no matter your gender, sexuality, or age.

on Feb. 14 2012 at 8:18 am
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
I believe in teen love, but I think people use "I love you" too often. People say it to everyone, all of their friends, so then when they really mean it, it doens't mean as much anymore.....

Caravana GOLD said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 10:31 am
Caravana GOLD, Joplin, Missouri

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."

I believe first it depends on the maturity of the teens. I believe that being young you can attach to a person and as you grow together you learn more and more about that person forming love. I know several couples that have gotten married young even and their relationship has lasted through their lives as they are still happy with one another. So my answer would have to be yes I truly believe in teen love :)

on Feb. 8 2012 at 11:04 pm
hanna.fofanna BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska

“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes str

In the begining, i thought you were about to say that teen love is impossible... But I think it totally exists! I know plenty of people who were high school sweet hearts, and now are a happy married couple:)

on Feb. 8 2012 at 3:18 pm
TheNoToRioUsBaBYGurL BRONZE, West Paterson, New Jersey

I believe in PINK. I believe that Laughing is the best calorie burner! I believe in being STRONG when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that HAPPY girls are the prettiest! I believe that tommorow is another day and I believe in Miracles :)

Love it! powerful and truly speaks to me! :)

on Jan. 27 2012 at 8:10 pm
Lol... its "fell". Falled isn't a word. :P

on Jan. 27 2012 at 7:27 pm
Iggy_Fang112 BRONZE, Daytona Beach, Florida

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

And

Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional

lol i clicked reply instead of post ur own. :D sry

on Jan. 27 2012 at 7:25 pm

And

when i first started reading this article, i thought you were gonna say the idea of teen love was ridiculous. i TOTALLY believe in teen love. It totally exists.

lee14 said...
on Jan. 27 2012 at 7:51 am
yep love can exist at any time it don't matter what age you are if you and another person find each other and you love each other then you can stay and have a happy family

on Jan. 22 2012 at 5:45 pm
keekybear BRONZE, Darlingford, Other

ive had my heart broken but for some reason im coping... <3 instagram- natbears twitter- natbears108 formspring- natbears tumblr- natbears kik-natbears keek-natbears

I absolutely agree with that

on Jan. 22 2012 at 5:43 pm
keekybear BRONZE, Darlingford, Other

at first i thought you were saying it doesnt exist but at the end when you said you tihnk it does, i was like "phew!!" so yea i agree, teenage love ABSOLUTELY exists

jsnow42 said...
on Jan. 20 2012 at 7:32 pm
Most people that say that love is for idiots have one: been inlove badly hurt and now reject all ideas, or two: loved someone that nevered loved them back. If you do not believe in love for anyone why did you read this article?

-Duckie- GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2012 at 12:12 pm
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

I totally disagree.

on Jan. 18 2012 at 6:26 pm
xmusiicandwritiingx SILVER, Greeley, Pennsylvania

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

I think that teenage love does exist, but teenagers don't know exactly what true love is. They jump to conclusions too quick and take it as love. They throw around the word "love" like the word the. Teenagers are too quick to jump to the conclusion that they are in love, which, more times than not, they aren't.

hateer said...
on Jan. 14 2012 at 7:22 pm
love is 4 idiots.

on Jan. 12 2012 at 11:06 am
KaitlynJasper SILVER, Eatonville, Washington

"No dust will ever grow on this frame, one million years and I will say your name, I love you more then I can ever scream"

It truly does exist. I know others have their opinions, and I respect that, but when you feel something, and you know it's true, you can't listen to other people who tell you otherwise. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and I'm only a freshmen. I've no doubt in my mind that he is the one for me. That's true love right there, and I'm a teenager. I disagree with anyone who says "you're just kids, you don't know love" Because it's like, dude, it's my feelings, not yours!

on Jan. 11 2012 at 9:19 am
daughterofeve14 BRONZE, Adger, Alabama

You quit once, you'll quit again! -Tyler Austin Evans.

I believe teenage love does exist. You cant put age on love. People fall in love at different ages whether youre 15 or 25. God brings the person into your life at the right time. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, and were teenagers. I think maybe one day we can get married.(:

on Jan. 4 2012 at 1:07 pm
steffdawgg SILVER, Calumet, Michigan

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" -Wayne Gretsky

I think there's both. There's true teen love, and there's the puppy love. Many people that have bad experiences believe that every relationship is puppy love and fake, but that's a dis to many out there, including me.