Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Feb. 8 2012 at 3:18 pm
TheNoToRioUsBaBYGurL BRONZE, West Paterson, New Jersey

I believe in PINK. I believe that Laughing is the best calorie burner! I believe in being STRONG when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that HAPPY girls are the prettiest! I believe that tommorow is another day and I believe in Miracles :)

Love it! powerful and truly speaks to me! :)

on Jan. 27 2012 at 8:10 pm
Lol... its "fell". Falled isn't a word. :P

on Jan. 27 2012 at 7:27 pm
Iggy_Fang112 BRONZE, Daytona Beach, Florida

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

And

Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional

lol i clicked reply instead of post ur own. :D sry

on Jan. 27 2012 at 7:25 pm

And

when i first started reading this article, i thought you were gonna say the idea of teen love was ridiculous. i TOTALLY believe in teen love. It totally exists.

lee14 said...
on Jan. 27 2012 at 7:51 am
yep love can exist at any time it don't matter what age you are if you and another person find each other and you love each other then you can stay and have a happy family

on Jan. 22 2012 at 5:45 pm
keekybear BRONZE, Darlingford, Other

ive had my heart broken but for some reason im coping... <3 instagram- natbears twitter- natbears108 formspring- natbears tumblr- natbears kik-natbears keek-natbears

I absolutely agree with that

on Jan. 22 2012 at 5:43 pm
keekybear BRONZE, Darlingford, Other

at first i thought you were saying it doesnt exist but at the end when you said you tihnk it does, i was like "phew!!" so yea i agree, teenage love ABSOLUTELY exists

jsnow42 said...
on Jan. 20 2012 at 7:32 pm
Most people that say that love is for idiots have one: been inlove badly hurt and now reject all ideas, or two: loved someone that nevered loved them back. If you do not believe in love for anyone why did you read this article?

-Duckie- GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2012 at 12:12 pm
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

I totally disagree.

on Jan. 18 2012 at 6:26 pm
xmusiicandwritiingx SILVER, Greeley, Pennsylvania

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

I think that teenage love does exist, but teenagers don't know exactly what true love is. They jump to conclusions too quick and take it as love. They throw around the word "love" like the word the. Teenagers are too quick to jump to the conclusion that they are in love, which, more times than not, they aren't.

hateer said...
on Jan. 14 2012 at 7:22 pm
love is 4 idiots.

on Jan. 12 2012 at 11:06 am
KaitlynJasper SILVER, Eatonville, Washington

"No dust will ever grow on this frame, one million years and I will say your name, I love you more then I can ever scream"

It truly does exist. I know others have their opinions, and I respect that, but when you feel something, and you know it's true, you can't listen to other people who tell you otherwise. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and I'm only a freshmen. I've no doubt in my mind that he is the one for me. That's true love right there, and I'm a teenager. I disagree with anyone who says "you're just kids, you don't know love" Because it's like, dude, it's my feelings, not yours!

on Jan. 11 2012 at 9:19 am
daughterofeve14 BRONZE, Adger, Alabama

You quit once, you'll quit again! -Tyler Austin Evans.

I believe teenage love does exist. You cant put age on love. People fall in love at different ages whether youre 15 or 25. God brings the person into your life at the right time. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, and were teenagers. I think maybe one day we can get married.(:

on Jan. 4 2012 at 1:07 pm
steffdawgg SILVER, Calumet, Michigan

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" -Wayne Gretsky

I think there's both. There's true teen love, and there's the puppy love. Many people that have bad experiences believe that every relationship is puppy love and fake, but that's a dis to many out there, including me.

on Jan. 4 2012 at 1:03 pm
steffdawgg SILVER, Calumet, Michigan

I think that many teenagers don't really realize what true love is, but that it exists, and yet the artificial love, the fake relationships exist too. I love my boyfriend. I have no doubt about that, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him, yet I'm still very young. Others may not be this serious, but I agree with you, it exists.

ILYSME said...
on Jan. 3 2012 at 9:06 pm
ILYSME, Seattle, Washington

I don't lie because lying is a cowardly move. It takes courage to tell the truth

If you've had a bad experience with relationships I'm sorry. They obviously weren't the right person, it doesn't mean its useless and pointless. It's only useless and pointless if you make it so. Many people find love in high school and keep that relationship forever, don't give up.

on Jan. 1 2012 at 4:18 pm
selahoverrated GOLD, Mt Sidney, Virginia
amen thats true

on Dec. 20 2011 at 12:41 pm
Lakersgirl SILVER, Phx, Arizona
I agree with you because i believe love will happen when you really love someone. Teenage love is very hard to find these days because people are so rude and stupid. You are also young to even start dating and stuff like that.

thinkofme321 said...
on Dec. 18 2011 at 9:35 pm
To me, love is a big word, its a powerful addicting feeling. No matter what age you will know when youve fallen into it. My mom was engagged when she was a senior in high school and has been married for 26 long happy years. Everyday I wonder if its going to be the same way for me and my boyfriend but you can never know. all I know is that we are in love and its been the time of my life. So in conclusion, im a victum of love in high school, it def. exsists.

on Dec. 17 2011 at 3:02 pm
I agree with you because some people belive in love and teenage love is very hard to find when you are still very young

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare