Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Dec. 6 2013 at 1:33 am
i think that love is not true

darian love said...
on Nov. 8 2013 at 3:12 pm
i really have a high school sweetheart who i loves with all  my heart and i would not leave him for anything in the world  because he is all i have in my life and he  treats me like a little 18 year old  girl needs to b treated  and i cant wait til i graduatae cause that who i  plan on spending my life with.

Li-Li Love said...
on Oct. 24 2013 at 1:41 pm
I do think that there could be teenage love. It could just develop and become more serious as you get older and become an adult. 

Cameo said...
on Oct. 21 2013 at 9:48 am
I enjoy the choice of topic, with the abundance of opinions on the matter.
Personally, I do believe it exists. Love, as an emotion, does exist and is the same thing no matter old are. People say that teenagers are easily attracted to each other as they are more susceptible to such emotions, and while it may possibly be true, I believe that it's more on the environment.
I also do believe that falling in love is a choice.

on Oct. 18 2013 at 12:07 pm
abandonedkid SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

"every guitar needs to be tuned" which means everyone needs help with something

im in trouble

on Oct. 18 2013 at 12:06 pm
abandonedkid SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

that was so not true my mom fell in llove with my dad in 6th grade

on Oct. 15 2013 at 3:28 pm
RonnieAguilar69, Berwyn, Illinois
I agree, there is things like "teenage love," but you don't really call it that. It's not its own category, but rather there are teenagers mature enough to hold a relationship...

on Oct. 14 2013 at 6:09 pm
Ashleymarie1999 BRONZE, Ventnor City, New Jersey

"Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up❤️

I like your work!!!

Juliemystic said...
on Oct. 14 2013 at 3:45 pm
many people can expirience love with the right peoplke love can happen at any age with the right people for example someone can be with someone starting out as enemies as little kids then the next thing theyll know is that they will find love with each other get married and have children but this can aso happen with your soulmate with a soulmate you both will be happy and accept each others flaws for the rest of your life. i think i may have  find the right one and i hope everyone can find the right ones. Soulmates can mean alot

mzuribe said...
on Sep. 13 2013 at 11:08 am
i think that  high school love does exist . High school is preety much where it all begins and teens start to take things serious.  they go out more and try to spend as much time as they can with each other while they can . i mean some relationships are just a joke when your in high school but thats just to jerks wether it be boy or girl 

on Aug. 29 2013 at 11:22 pm
WallFlowerAlice GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"Why wait when you only live once? Go out there dance, smile, and enjoy yourself! If your not having fun then darling your doing something wrong!"
- Therese

"I agree high school love is beautiful in my point of view," Said Alison

on Aug. 19 2013 at 10:22 am
stellamaare BRONZE, Moskow, Other

We can be heroes just for one day.

I believe in teenager's love. Now i fall in  love.

Guest said...
on May. 1 2013 at 10:02 pm
Yes. Teens can feel true love, whatever that is. However, they cannot distinguish between the Greek types of love (there are many types, and some are affected by hormones while others are not.) as well as developed adults.

Guest said...
on May. 1 2013 at 9:59 pm
1. GRAMMAR 2. Physiologically speaking, human brains are not fully developed unti l roughly 21. Also, teenagers are more susceptible to certain hormones, so they do not know as much about love as more mature adults.

15silleman said...
on Apr. 19 2013 at 2:51 pm
15silleman, Ny, New York
personally i think boys are drama  but i do not have 1

on Apr. 6 2013 at 11:44 am
LiraDaeris PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

What is love? I see what you believe, and I respect your thoughts. But why do you believe it?

on Apr. 2 2013 at 11:28 am
BlueSupernova ELITE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Damn it, Ted!"

I totally agree- you can fall in love in high school. People, espicially adults, act like there is some sort of meter on love- like you can't feel this certain emotion until you are past 18. But love is an emotion, and it can come at you any time. And when it does, it is wonderful. So yes, I totes agree.

on Mar. 31 2013 at 4:24 pm
Teenager know as much about true love as adults do. That is, nothing at all. No physiological development exists between 14 and 27. The only factor is knowledge that can be acquired at any age.

HAILO BRONZE said...
on Mar. 28 2013 at 9:27 am
HAILO BRONZE, Chehalis, Washington

"I will now share my political veiws with you."

when i feel in love with this guy named Owen for 2 years we had athing for 7 months... nothing happened between us we never dated and he ended things on my birthday... love hurts!  

on Mar. 25 2013 at 1:41 pm
write_to_express16 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

"If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price."

"Never dull your shine for somebody else."

I agree with your piece, although I don't think I have actually fell in love yet or came anywhere close to it. I think love is different for everyone and we will all have different perspectives on the subject, but I don't think you can place an age on love. 

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare