Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Ciara_Nicole97 said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm:
Just because we're younger doesn't mean we don't know what true love is..

Sarah B. replied...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 2:28 pm :
well yoour right because i have a  boyfriend but he doesn't really care

Ciara_Nicole97 said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 7:42 pm:
I do believe! I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 17 and I just feel something. We've only been dating for a year and a half but everytime I'm with him I never want to leave. He makes me so happy and he's also like my bestfriend. I don't care what anyone else says because I know I'm in love. 

love said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:01 pm:
this is very creative; very good , keep up the great job!

Maa S. said...
Mar. 12, 2012 at 5:03 am:
itx definitly real
i believe in it

love replied...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
i beieve in love

C.K.Snow said...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm:
Yes, I do believe that Teenage love is real, but I also believe that some teens toss the words "I love you" at someone they don't actually love. Love comes from the heart, not the hormones.

magentarose said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:51 pm:
Teen love is definately real .. i monl seventeen but have experienced the new and fresh part about love and the happines you feel ... and also the devestation you feel when its over... i think its really ignorant of adults to say i isn't real ./... .or its just puppy love.... everyone has to staryt somewhere and you dont have to be 25 to be in love...... 

Chloe J. said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:49 am:
l love can exist in any age I am sixteen and I have known love I have seen love my dance teacher met her husband in high school anyone can fall in love I beleive in teen love as much as I beleive that their is some one for every one. age is just a number

Vixenfur said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:09 am:
Love exists at any age. At the same time, teenagers believe they are in love, when really what they feel is true friendship or just a crush or attraction. Many teenagers believe the desire for sex is love, which is not true. That's their hormones speaking. I may be only 14, as many others are on this website, but some of us have and have not experienced true love. I've experienced first love, in fact, I am right now. I believed my first love was in 5th grade, so yes, kids and teenagers can say t... (more »)

MaxRide said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:18 am:
I believe in teen love, but I think people use "I love you" too often. People say it to everyone, all of their friends, so then when they really mean it, it doens't mean as much anymore.....

anavarac said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:31 am:
I believe first it depends on the maturity of the teens. I believe that being young you can attach to a person and as you grow together you learn more and more about that person forming love. I know several couples that have gotten married young even and their relationship has lasted through their lives as they are still happy with one another. So my answer would have to be yes I truly believe in teen love :)

HannaBanana123 said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 pm:
In the begining, i thought you were about to say that teen love is impossible... But I think it totally exists! I know plenty of people who were high school sweet hearts, and now are a happy married couple:)

TheNoToRioUsBaBYGurL said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:18 pm:
Love it! powerful and truly speaks to me! :)

lee14 said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:51 am:
yep love can exist at any time it don't matter what age you are if you and another person find each other and you love each other then you can stay and have a happy family

IMadePaintThatLookedLikeCupcakesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:25 pm :
when i first started reading this article, i thought you were gonna say the idea of teen love was ridiculous. i TOTALLY believe in teen love. It totally exists.

Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:27 pm :
lol i clicked reply instead of post ur own. :D sry

Bliss124 said...
at first i thought you were saying it doesnt exist but at the end when you said you tihnk it does, i was like "phew!!" so yea i agree, teenage love ABSOLUTELY exists

jsnow42 said...
Most people that say that love is for idiots have one: been inlove badly hurt and now reject all ideas, or two: loved someone that nevered loved them back. If you do not believe in love for anyone why did you read this article?

xmusiicandwritiingx said...
I think that teenage love does exist, but teenagers don't know exactly what true love is. They jump to conclusions too quick and take it as love. They throw around the word "love" like the word the. Teenagers are too quick to jump to the conclusion that they are in love, which, more times than not, they aren't.